Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 855 856 [857] 858 859 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550036 times)

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #12840 on: August 19, 2016, 12:08:19 am »

Here is my newest character after literally like 5+ months of not playing Skyrim. Its longest break I had from the game, but a much needed one.

As a warning, don't click if you don't like anime waifus :P That pretty much tells you what kind of character SHE is. So don't go complaining at me lol.

http://imgur.com/a/dt0hf
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12841 on: August 19, 2016, 12:41:29 am »

why did you make an anime waifu, this is awful, i am complaining
Black lives matter.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12842 on: August 19, 2016, 12:50:10 am »

Waifu is laifu, your complaint has been heard, noted and disregarded.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12843 on: August 19, 2016, 12:54:35 am »

The glowing borders around the model make it look like the head is floating several inches in front of the body.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12844 on: August 19, 2016, 01:59:05 am »

The glowing borders around the model make it look like the head is floating several inches in front of the body.

yeah I noticed that in the screenshot. It didn't show up in-game like that, so probably a weird ENB thing or something. Or maybe its how the screenshot was timed. I have a lot better places in Skyrim to take screenshots from anyway, I just wanted to show the character.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12845 on: August 19, 2016, 02:18:32 am »

What? No. Anu is the Godhead.

Nah, Teneb, the player is the Godhead. The world exist only in his mind, a fleeting fantasy that creates places, people, and meaning. When he wakes from the dream, they cease to exist.

fuck that

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
« Reply #12846 on: August 19, 2016, 04:37:37 am »

FUS ROH DAH!
that is all
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12847 on: August 19, 2016, 04:39:47 am »

Regarding Enderal's combat, I'm pretty much going full mage on this one. Many encounters can be made much easier by bathing your opponents in a mix of fire and lightning until your magic bar is empty before hitting their faces with a sword. Ordinarily in Skyrim, I'd save some for healing(actually, not really), but in Enderal that's actually bad since instant healing spells/potions actually hurt you in the long run.

Also, check your difficulty setting, I'm playing on Normal.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12848 on: August 19, 2016, 05:27:45 am »

Regarding Enderal's combat, I'm pretty much going full mage on this one. Many encounters can be made much easier by bathing your opponents in a mix of fire and lightning until your magic bar is empty before hitting their faces with a sword. Ordinarily in Skyrim, I'd save some for healing(actually, not really), but in Enderal that's actually bad since instant healing spells/potions actually hurt you in the long run.

Also, check your difficulty setting, I'm playing on Normal.
It doesn't help that Enderal's close quarters combat relies heavily on blocking and 'bashing', but you can't block if you have a spell in your offhand. So being a hybrid mage/fighter is really just you swapping between spells and sword+shield.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12849 on: August 19, 2016, 05:37:14 am »

Now that statement reminds me of Morrowind. Sword and board or jazzhands: The eternal question.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12850 on: August 19, 2016, 05:40:27 am »

It's a bit silly though, because you CAN block if you have a sword + empty hand. What we need is a mod that adds in blocking on middle click or something, so I can still block with my sword as usual even if I'm ready to toss an ice bolt at someone.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12851 on: August 19, 2016, 06:09:51 am »

Casting spells with the shield hand shouldn't be impossible if the shield is strapped to the forearm.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #12852 on: August 19, 2016, 06:23:19 am »

Speaking of spell and shields, the only proper way to Battlemage is this. Be Breton, get a decent shield, decent heavy armour and a decent destruction spell, stack up on shields, destruction and heavy armour perks and load up levels into Magicka/Stamina and proceed to be night-invincible fire/ice/whatever spitting pillar of doom that runs around and knock people out into sky with his shield, can fuck people up just by bashing and if you ever run out of juice you can hide nearly forever with your shield in a corner.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12853 on: August 19, 2016, 06:33:48 am »

The issue with even that build Kot is... well...

If your not two hand casting, your wasting a spell. It is the only way to go from underpowered magic to "decent".

As for which kind of magic to focus on... Electric is resisted by the least and is hit scan. Though I focused on all three:

Ice being the worst because most enemies in the game are immune or resistant to it, and it isn't always obvious that an opponent will be immune. With only one enemy being weak to it (as I believe even fire dragons are either resistant or not weak). There are huge swaths of enemies immune to it and it isn't because of the setting. All Machines are immune, all undead are resistant, vampires are immune, half of all dragons are resistant, Most guards and some NPCs are resistant, quite a few animals are resistant, and incorporeal enemies are immune. (In fact... I think there is a shorter list of enemies who aren't immune or resistant to Ice... then there are enemies who take full damage or are weak to it)

Where Lightning the only enemy who has any sort of resistance... is immune to it and is a rare enemy you might fight once or twice in your entire run. Though no one is really weak to it.

Fire is resisted by a few enemies, two are weak. and only one rare enemy is immune.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12854 on: August 19, 2016, 06:54:42 am »

Speaking of spell and shields, the only proper way to Battlemage is this. Be Breton, get a decent shield, decent heavy armour and a decent destruction spell, stack up on shields, destruction and heavy armour perks and load up levels into Magicka/Stamina and proceed to be night-invincible fire/ice/whatever spitting pillar of doom that runs around and knock people out into sky with his shield, can fuck people up just by bashing and if you ever run out of juice you can hide nearly forever with your shield in a corner.
It's a good idea but, in enderal at least, I haven't yet FOUND a shield.
Pages: 1 ... 855 856 [857] 858 859 ... 896