Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 875 876 [877] 878 879 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558483 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #13140 on: December 18, 2016, 06:34:15 am »

I really love NPC cosmetics mods. My game has a few hundred hairstyles between KS Hairdos Renewal and KS Hairdos HDT, and a patcher called Everybody's Different that gives all those hairs (minus the physics ones, sadly) to NPCs in the game. Often causes lag and pop-in when entering an area, but totally worth it IMO. Companion Horses and body replacers are also a must. Racemenu is good but a lot of the options only apply to specific bodies and mod combinations, like the various boob physics mods and Shlongs of Skyrim.

TLDR I see Skyrim as a waifu dress-up simulator with a weird RPG minigame, so sue me. :P
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 06:37:09 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13141 on: December 18, 2016, 06:53:42 am »

TLDR I see Skyrim as a waifu dress-up simulator with a weird RPG minigame, so sue me. :P

To be fair, this is a totally legit way to play Skyrim.

Call me strange, but I always go Borgakh the Steel Heart. I like me my strong women.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13142 on: December 18, 2016, 07:24:49 am »

Oddly enough I usually never travel with a companion. Perhaps it's due to them dying constantly, since I never bother to remember which are essential or not. On the other hand I almost always have a companion in Fallout 4 since they're immortal bullet sponges.

I run with Better Females by Bella for my face mod needs. Honestly don't care too much about the dudes but gimme them glim-glam ladies. I figure if I'm gonna spend hours on end killing looking at them, they might as well be easy on the eyes.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13143 on: December 18, 2016, 07:33:37 am »

My companions almost never die, unless the fight's really chaotic in a really tiny space. Kematu's a good example; six or so tough dudes in a space not much larger than Breezehome. In that kind of fight it's very easy to kill Lydia with a stray Fus Ro Dah or misjudged flamethrower. But outside of that, my companions might as well be immortal; if near death, they'll drop to one knee and enemies will ignore them, meaning they can only be killed by friendly fire. Enemies will also never get executions on companions, that I've seen.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #13144 on: December 18, 2016, 08:01:19 am »

I have recently acquired Serana as a follower.

There is a slight problem.

Well, there's two, really. One is that she's very indiscriminate with ice spikes, and I'm usually forward in melee.
The other is that my primary weapon is a twohanded Daybreaker.

In a way, when fighting a particular kind of enemy, the two problems tend to even each other out. :P
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13145 on: December 18, 2016, 03:13:01 pm »

Do you mean Dawnbreaker?
Black lives matter.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13146 on: December 18, 2016, 03:36:46 pm »

Do you mean Dawnbreaker?
...I may indeed mean Dawnbreaker.

It's funny that I forgot what it's called, because I kept thinking about how many names contain Dawn in my current quest lineup. Dawnbreaker, Dawnstar, Dawnguard...

I really like what my character is, so far. There's something inherently funny about a sneaky assassin Khajiit that wears full plate armor and wields a giant glowing greatsword.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 03:38:20 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13147 on: December 18, 2016, 04:34:39 pm »

Even better, I just found out that the game considers power attacks silent. So I can go around HYEEEARGH-ing people and they'll be none the wiser as long as I'm crouching behind them.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13148 on: December 18, 2016, 05:44:55 pm »

Even better, I just found out that the game considers power attacks silent. So I can go around HYEEEARGH-ing people and they'll be none the wiser as long as I'm crouching behind them.
You're talking about a world where people forget their wife has been killed 15 seconds after you murder her and her corpse just lies there in the street.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13149 on: December 18, 2016, 05:51:32 pm »

Obligatory.

Just picked up the Speech perk to let me sell anything to anyone. Time to invest more time in Whiterun grinding my alchemy, smithing and enchanting!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13150 on: December 18, 2016, 07:09:17 pm »

alchemy grinding is why I install the "farm anywhere" mod.

Pain in the ass to get all the little plant-able piles of shiny black dirt made, but I can do it all over my usual travel routes, and put lots and lots of ingredient plants down.  It takes 1 game week for items to spawn, which is about the time it takes to fast-travel in a circle around all the major holds.  works out quite well. 

I dont use breezehome though. I much like the lakeview manor instead.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13151 on: December 19, 2016, 03:05:45 am »

Jimmy, if the entire Empire, including resources from the provinces of Morrowind (Vvardenfel devastated by impact and eruption, mainland reeling from Argonian invasion), Hammerfell (beat back the Dominion alone), Blackmarsh (strongest it's ever been), Elsweyr (Skooma cats be cray-cray), and Skyrim (functioning at full bore and united), can't take the Aldemri Dominion, then how in the name of hell is Ulfric's army, which has failed to actually defeat the Imperials at all until the Dragonborn gets involved going to take them on?  He's shooting himself in the foot with his racist attitude, shooting himself in the foot by dividing Skyrim, and it all doesn't matter because the Thalmor will literally just remove him if he becomes a problem for them.

Only the Empire stands a chance against the Dominion, Ulfric is just a puppet and cannot ever be anything more.  Not to mention that even when he does do things his way, it just turns into a merciless bloodbath (The Reach anyone?)

Edit: Forgot Orsinium in there, but from what I understand they were pretty much a non-factor in the war.

Elsweyr didn't support the Empire, the Khajiit became vassals of the Aldmeri Dominion in 4E 115 when the Elsweyr Confederacy dissolved, a full five decades before the Great War.

Black Marsh didn't support the Empire, the Argonians seceded from the Empire after the Oblivion crisis and are neutral to the conflict.

Morrowind isn't mentioned as providing any significant support to the Empire during the Great War in 4E 171-175, which is pretty consistent with them having their province blown up recently.

In fact, the Aldmeri invasion was countered mainly by three forces. The Empire itself throughout the entire war, Hammerfell which focused on defending its own lands once the Empire retreated, and Nords.

It was the force of Nords under General Jonna that assisted the Empire at the Battle of the Red Ring and were the ones that successfully turned the tide of battle. It was the Nords that carved their way from Cheydinhal to the Imperial City in two days, then held the road and slaughtered the Aldmeri reinforcements while the forces of Titus Mede II retook the city. It was the Nords who, after a long and bloody battle, turned around and went home to discover a bunch of provincials had taken the opportunity to seize control of Markarth. Can you blame them, with the memories of the Battle of Red Ring still fresh in their minds, for going in and putting the uprising to the sword?

From this we know that there's really only three armies equal to the Aldmeri in strength and allied against them: the Redguard of Hammerfell, the Imperials of the Empire, and the Nords of Skyrim.

Now even though the White-Gold Concordat meant Hammerfell left the Empire, we know that they are still capable of holding off the Aldmeri Dominion on their own. Why wouldn't the same be true for Skyrim?

Honestly, I see only good things coming from Ulfric Stormcloak sitting on the High King's throne. Yes, the man's a bloodthirsty bastard, and honestly that sort of man is exactly what is needed to smack down the Aldmeri Dominion. Especially since some Dark Brotherhood asshole went and assassinated Titus Mede II, throwing the Empire into further chaos.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13152 on: December 19, 2016, 05:34:31 am »

That's cool and all, but Ulfric is a brainwashed Thalmor spy. They want him in power, stabbing the Imperials in the back, winning the war for them. That's ignoring that the crackdown on Talos worship is directly because Ulfric started the bloodshed over it. Or how he destabilized the entire region by assassinating the High King (he directly tells you he knew it wouldn't be a fight, considering the king was in his early twenties and, even if he HAD been studying Thu'um instead of, you know, ruling the kingdom, Ulfric still had years of practice on him) who was sympathetic to his own cause.

You can even talk to him near the end of the game and hear him lament how badly he ruined everything, should you take a certain path.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13153 on: December 19, 2016, 06:16:35 am »

I agree with you that Ulfric made a mistake using the Thu'um on Torygg. He should have used his blade in fair combat. The outcome would have been the same, but there'd be a lot less controversy.

Don't forget that Ulfric had two reasons to kill Torygg. The first is purely selfish, being that it leaves the throne open for him to claim. The second is more noble, that the High King accepted the Empire's White-Gold Concordat and a big payout of gold on the side to ban Talos worship, when Ulfric was promised open worship for his work reclaiming Markarth. Ulfric's a Jarl, and he answers to nobody but his High King. By the ways of the Nords, if his High King betrays him like that, it's only proper to challenge him to a duel of honour to settle the unforgivable insult. If it just so happens to mean he ends up High King himself, well that's Game of Thrones baby!

As for Ulfric being a sleeper agent, I don't buy it. Everyone makes a big deal over the Thalmor's dossier, but actions speak louder than words. Ulfric has done nothing to support the Thalmor's interests aside from causing trouble for the Empire. He even happily sits down with the Imperials to hammer out a peace treaty that sits him on the throne, and goes to extra pains to ensure the Thalmor are excluded from these negotiations.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13154 on: December 19, 2016, 07:51:17 am »

Pft. NPC banter, my gods.

Just heard a boy exclaim "Why are they hurting each other?". This asked of me, aforementioned khajiit in full plate armor with huge glowing sword... fighting a luster dragon that's actively in the process of reducing the town population to zero.

I dunno, kid. Maybe the giant flying laser-breathing lizard just had one too many ales at the tavern.

Pages: 1 ... 875 876 [877] 878 879 ... 896