Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24

Author Topic: Frozenvictims 2.0 - Terrifying Glacier succession fort  (Read 28635 times)

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Frozenvictims 2.0 - Terrifying Glacier succession fort
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2011, 01:01:23 pm »

Yeah, everyone has mining enabled and we have a copper pick in the weapon stockpile. Dwarves are either eating or hanging around the meeting hall.
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2011, 02:42:51 pm »

mmm....and did you by chance activate BURROW power *tm* for the blizzard and forgot to deactivate it? or similar?
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Angelarm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2011, 09:02:22 pm »

I would like a turn barring some sort of incident with aquifer pressure freezing the fort

Dyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2011, 10:56:03 pm »

Add me to the turn list
To quote one of Battlefailed's overseers: "My god, this was a terrible idea." The cow moose is stomping the shit out of Atir, and now Dyg's trying to give him water in the middle of fucking combat!

Kraos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2011, 09:16:00 am »

Could I have a turn please? I'll dwarf myself on my turn.

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2011, 10:46:58 am »

so, I suppose I should chime in...

If a save-scum is necessary, well, at this stage it's necessary.  once the first 5-7 years have passed tough it out/wait for migrants/reclaim, but I say if it must be done, it must be done.
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2011, 01:39:52 pm »

I'll try a few things, but I will probably have to go back to the state after the first update.
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2011, 08:57:36 am »

Same as before!

Name: Sirroco II
Skills: Adequate Engraver, Skilled Hammerdwarf, Novice leader.
Profession: Madman.
Personality:
Very slow to anger; Rarely feels discouraged; Genuinely likes others, openly expresses positive feelings; Unassertive; Often feels filled with joy; Loves fresh and new ideas; Incredibly frank and candid in dealing with others; Incredibly confident; Very disorganized; Possesses great willpower.

EDIT: I'd like I turn too.

Note: DAMN, I lost my post. Here we go again.

Our leader is already taken, we have no militia, but a peasant is currently training engraving. Would you like him?

This place is unholy. I can feel it in the stones. I had a really, really fucking horrible dream last night. I died in it. It's probably some sort of arsed message from Nirmek. Because saying "Oh, don't make a cave-in, you'll die" would be too fucking simple, no, it's better to kill me in my dreams. But that's not all. I peered into the flooded tunnel the other day, and there are parts which the water avoids. The water is completely static, and there are dry parts. Fuck.

Anyways, it's best to listen to divine advice, I'd guess. We're digging Southwest with Meng, hopefully circumventing the bloody aquifer.

Great. Just fucking great. Migrants, seven of them. I decided to let them in, because if they were to sneak in, they would probably steal more food than what I will allow them this way. There's a tanner among them, he's our new butcher. We also have a metalcrafter and a milker. What in the bloody Stone are they doing here? Probably some idiots who also lost their way to some nice place. A much, much fucking nicer place.

I decided to take a break and let Meng finish the tunnel, we're nearly done after all. Then that sucker took a break too. Why do I have to do everything myself? Screw it, I won't, I'll stay on break. That'll show him!

I knew those migrants were trouble. A snow storm broke out later today, not long after they arrived. Damn.

We had to slaughter our two animals. Shame for the camel, it was so entertaining watching it freezing and shivering.

STONE! Fucking finally, we have found stone. Claystone, nonetheless. This bodes well. As well as anything possibly can in this damned place.

We have started digging out some sleeping and eating places, and I drew up plans for a workshop and stockpile area too. Damn Meng, he's spending way too much time with that lass.

A nice, overly cheerful guy volunteered to smooth the halls. Nobody can blame his enthusiasm. Only his skill.

A war dog gave birth to puppies on the last day of summer. While being chained, and having been chained since we arrived. I guess dogs like bondage too. Autumn has arrived, and it looks like we just might survive. Might.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here are those dwarfed, not including me.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 08:59:32 am by Mormota »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2011, 09:23:14 am »

I'm the expedition leader? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2011, 10:09:08 am »

Well, I accidentally gave the first dwarf on the embark list the axedwarf skill... Tevish, our chief medical dwarf is the one who is also novice leader, IIRC.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2011, 02:49:34 pm »

please...re-dorf me in as a male dwarf. T_T
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2011, 04:27:36 pm »

You are still alive. I even posted your thoughts and preferences screen.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2011, 01:35:47 am »

You are still alive. I even posted your thoughts and preferences screen.

i know, but i'd like to be dorfed in as a male dwarf, not as a female one. (there are She's on the screen) XD

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2011, 03:14:05 am »

I already know that the "Overcheerful guy" is sirroco :P
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2011, 04:00:09 am »

I already know that the "Overcheerful guy" is sirroco :P

Yeah, I put that in to leave you a choice to take over. Expect an update in a bit.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24