???

Yep
- 0 (0%)
'unno
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 12, 2011, 12:30:22 am

Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 335

Author Topic: Homestuck RPG! (DEAD.)  (Read 386443 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Homestuck RPG! (Start a fire and split the party)
« Reply #4965 on: November 15, 2012, 07:18:21 pm »

Edit: Actually, unless I missed something, none of these enemies should be able to use ranged attacks on me this turn. I am out of range for all of them.

The basilisks have an at will with a range of fifteen, and the liches can always get closer. You are by no means safe.

>Mikhael: Use Second Wind and total defense again.

You catch your breath, bringing yourself back to 55 hit points.

The closer Lich continues to climb the stairs, and fires another beam at you. Even with your guard up, he manages to hit you, dealing 13 damage.

The imps do nothing but shake in terror as the Giclops moves toward you. Or maybe that's the ground.

Both basilisks blast fireballs at you, but neither attack makes their marks.

The lich you managed to shoot earlier follows his companion up the stairs, and shoots at you as well. His attack lands as well. You take ten damage from the attack.

Your turn begins, and you take ten damage from after effects from the beams. At the end of your turn, make two saving throws. You currently have 22 health.

TB, TE: Follow Mimi

RL: Stay where you are in case of Diamonds looping around and trying to catch you by SURPRISE.

>Mimi: Attempt to jump through the fire toward the others.

It occurs to you that jumping through the fire would be HAZARDOUS. Also, it's not really necessary. The fire is dying down, now, at least mostly. You can easily navigate the camp, more or less.

Unfortunately, all the landmarks you used going in are ashes now. Or mostly ashes, depending. Make either a Title Power check to find your way, or a Skaian Lore check.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4966 on: November 15, 2012, 07:33:52 pm »

[Title power: 8,10+11? 29!]

I sure do love my Classpect power.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4967 on: November 15, 2012, 09:45:11 pm »

Edit: Actually, unless I missed something, none of these enemies should be able to use ranged attacks on me this turn. I am out of range for all of them.

The basilisks have an at will with a range of fifteen, and the liches can always get closer. You are by no means safe.

Spoiler: Basilisk (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lich From last turn (click to show/hide)

This is assuming that attacks through the black haze are impossible, but even then, the second example and the Basilisks from the other turns had no right to shoot to be able to shoot at be unless something that I am unaware of changed.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4968 on: November 15, 2012, 10:10:02 pm »

Spoiler: Basilisk (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lich From last turn (click to show/hide)

This is assuming that attacks through the black haze are impossible, but even then, the second example and the Basilisks from the other turns had no right to shoot to be able to shoot at be unless something that I am unaware of changed.
The black haze is a pit.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4969 on: November 15, 2012, 10:25:06 pm »

The black haze is a pit.

I realize, but judging attack range in large areas composed of indistinguishable black squares is pretty hard.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #4970 on: November 15, 2012, 10:31:34 pm »

>PA: Scoot up with MimiParty
Raggle Fraggle

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4971 on: November 15, 2012, 11:26:18 pm »

The black haze is a pit.

I realize, but judging attack range in large areas composed of indistinguishable black squares is pretty hard.

Why should it be? Attack range, like movement, can be counted diagonally. More importantly, each row of squares will have the same number, no matter how many columns they are apart.

It looks like you are correct about one of the liches attacks, however. Next time one manages to recharge that ability, it will expend it and auto-miss.

[Title power: 8,10+11? 29!]

I sure do love my Classpect power.

You relocate your compatriots with ease. They aren't far from you, and you can plan a safe path with ease.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4972 on: November 16, 2012, 07:23:42 am »

The black haze is a pit.

Why should it be? Attack range, like movement, can be counted diagonally. More importantly, each row of squares will have the same number, no matter how many columns they are apart.

It looks like you are correct about one of the liches attacks, however. Next time one manages to recharge that ability, it will expend it and auto-miss.
Okay then. Sounds fair.

>Mikhael: Move 2 east, 1 south. Proceed to unload more rounds into the closet Lich.

10 + 6 = 16
10 + 5 = 15

Edit: Actually. Nevermind.

Mikhael: As much as you hate to, resort to Tactical retreat.

Now that I think about, I don't know why the hell I even tried to fight on this map. The knight's ability set and half of my current Sylladex cards consist solely of Support Abilities (No allies), and Melee abilities (Too many ranged enemies/Open area with enemy controlled choke-point). Continuing conflict here is near-suicidal, and I  really don't want Mikhael to die just yet.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 03:13:59 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4973 on: November 16, 2012, 04:27:41 pm »

You decide to book it. You're going to need some back-up before tackling this place. Luckily, the enemies don't seem interested in pursuing you into the corridor.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4974 on: November 17, 2012, 10:31:53 am »

>Mimi & pals: Head through the new path toward Alex.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4975 on: November 17, 2012, 08:25:30 pm »

>Mikhael: First, leave the place. It really fucking stinks down here. Once your out, rest up. Then it will be time to figure out how to deal with this scenario.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4976 on: November 17, 2012, 09:05:16 pm »

>Mikhael: First, leave the place. It really fucking stinks down here. Once your out, rest up. Then it will be time to figure out how to deal with this scenario.

You head back out the hall and open the trapdoor. The mildew scent is mitigated by the far more pleasant smell of the ocean. You sit down in the sand for a rest.

You fish a frog out from under your butt and toss it into the ocean.

You lead the rest of your group (well, most of them) back to where you left Alex and Steve. They're just standing around. Alex waves to the oncoming throng. "HEY. WHERE'S DANIELLE?"

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4977 on: November 17, 2012, 09:48:06 pm »

You lead the rest of your group (well, most of them) back to where you left Alex and Steve. They're just standing around. Alex waves to the oncoming throng. "HEY. WHERE'S DANIELLE?"

"She's over there making it impossible to keep the party in one place."

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #4978 on: November 18, 2012, 01:04:46 pm »

>PA: Wave fer00ciously at Alex and Steve
Raggle Fraggle

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4979 on: November 18, 2012, 02:22:52 pm »

CC: Continue traveling in a linear fashion.

CA: WHAT A LOAD OF BULLSHIT

RL: Stop making it impossible to keep the party in one place.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 335