Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 38

Author Topic: Beginners' XXVII - Imperishable Night - Game Over!  (Read 176607 times)

Jafferey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXVII - Day 1 - Storm on Mt. Ooe (IC needed!)
« Reply #150 on: September 18, 2011, 11:27:51 pm »

You mean like, make a new post with the edits in it??

Like this:

I would try to guess which players might be doctor and cop, and try to pick them to increase my chances of success. Obviously I wouldn't choose my scum partner. If not sure I could choose a random target, and maybe cycle through targets then see if my choice had any effect by looking at the discussion following.

Jafferey, why do you even mention choosing your scum partner? Does it come up as a possibility for you?

Since Motmota might take a while (prod requested), let's see who else we can ask...

Bloody ignorant Americans, other time zones exist too.

I just mentioned my scum partner because I would be trying to eliminate things with no or low probability. This was a difficult question for me. In reality I don't really know how I would identify roles, probably go random for now, by being able to eliminate 1 member (my scumbuddy) this makes things a lot easier for me. And don't be fooled by the fact that I am saying "my scumbuddy" as though that is the way things currently are, and assume that I am projecting the fact that I am scum onto the question.

I understand why lack of posting may be a good reason for voting, but I don't see how that would automatically make me *very* suspicious. You seem to be very aggressively targeting me Mormota, and I find that suspicious in itself as though you are trying to draw attention away from yourself and cause a mislynch.

mipe9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' XXVII - Day 1 - Storm on Mt. Ooe (town IC needed)
« Reply #151 on: September 18, 2011, 11:49:52 pm »

Screw it. I am not going to get anywhere by being quiet.
Mipe9. Why have you been so quiet?

Because real life.

I am going to unvote and go with mipe9. mipe9, tell me who you think is scummy and why.
Mormota and Jafferey for being a bit lurkish.

Mormota and Mindmaker for voting Jafferey. That bandwagon appeared too fast for my liking.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

If you think they're scummy, then why is your vote still on ed boy?

I dunno. Looks like you're just saying you suspect them because I asked you about it. If you really suspected them your vote would be on one of them. Or at the very least, you'd be asking them about it instead of doing nothing but answering questions directed at you.

There's a discrepancy between what you should be doing based on what you say, and what you're actually doing. Don't you know that these sorts of inconsistencies are scummy?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 19, 2011, 12:22:50 am »

You mean like, make a new post with the edits in it??

Like this:

I would try to guess which players might be doctor and cop, and try to pick them to increase my chances of success. Obviously I wouldn't choose my scum partner. If not sure I could choose a random target, and maybe cycle through targets then see if my choice had any effect by looking at the discussion following.

Jafferey, why do you even mention choosing your scum partner? Does it come up as a possibility for you?

Since Motmota might take a while (prod requested), let's see who else we can ask...

Bloody ignorant Americans, other time zones exist too.

I just mentioned my scum partner because I would be trying to eliminate things with no or low probability. This was a difficult question for me. In reality I don't really know how I would identify roles, probably go random for now, by being able to eliminate 1 member (my scumbuddy) this makes things a lot easier for me. And don't be fooled by the fact that I am saying "my scumbuddy" as though that is the way things currently are, and assume that I am projecting the fact that I am scum onto the question.

I understand why lack of posting may be a good reason for voting, but I don't see how that would automatically make me *very* suspicious. You seem to be very aggressively targeting me Mormota, and I find that suspicious in itself as though you are trying to draw attention away from yourself and cause a mislynch.

I fail to see how I was being "too" agressive. I asked you a single, polite question and you get this upset over it? Are you perhaps hiding something.

Because real life.

I am going to unvote and go with mipe9. mipe9, tell me who you think is scummy and why.
Mormota and Jafferey for being a bit lurkish.

Mormota and Mindmaker for voting Jafferey. That bandwagon appeared too fast for my liking.

PFP: Don't make me laugh. How were I even lurking? I asked a question and was waiting for an answer.

Your second point: I was the first to vote him ( With that reason at any rate. It is  inconvenient to read back) so how is that "jumping on the bandwagon"?

Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Jaffery, you still haven't answered my question.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Aaaaand IronyOwl will be IC'ing for town.

mipe9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 19, 2011, 08:14:00 am »

Unvote
PFP: Don't make me laugh. How were I even lurking? I asked a question and was waiting for an answer.

Your second point: I was the first to vote him ( With that reason at any rate. It is  inconvenient to read back) so how is that "jumping on the bandwagon"?

According to the latest vote totals, you weren't the first to vote him. Also, by a bit lurkish, I meant through this day.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' XXVII - Day 1 - Storm on Mt. Ooe
« Reply #157 on: September 19, 2011, 08:24:49 am »

Nothing here, just pass along.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 08:26:54 am by Dariush »

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 19, 2011, 10:48:09 am »

Also, by a bit lurkish, I meant through this day.

I did explain how I wasn't "lurking" today though. I was waiting for an answer. If you mean day by game day, then... just how?

According to the latest vote totals, you weren't the first to vote him.

RVS does not count as voting someone, since it's random. My question wasn't.
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 19, 2011, 12:56:57 pm »

Uhm guys, time is running out.
You sure you can make a decision? If not we need 2 more votes (I believe) for an extension.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 19, 2011, 01:01:07 pm »

Uhm guys, time is running out.
You sure you can make a decision? If not we need 2 more votes (I believe) for an extension.
We have 23 hours (technically 24, but I assume that Dariush meant BST instead of GMT) left. Depending on what happens before then, I'll probably vote to extend, though I'll wait to see how the next new hours shape up before voting to extend.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 19, 2011, 01:41:59 pm »

Dariush meant BST instead of GMT
No, I didn't. I meant GMT.

Also, Jafferey has requested a replacement. I'm prodding Shakerag who is on the replacement queue and if he doesn't respond by tomorrow, I'll put up a notice.

Votecount:

• ed boy:
  • Orangebottle: Jafferey
  • Mormota: Powder Miner
  • Jafferey: ed boy, Mormota, Mindmaker
  • mipe9: Jim Groovester, Powder Miner,
  • Mindmaker:
  • Powder Miner:
  • Jim Groovester:
  • Toaster:

Not voting: Toaster, mipe9, Orangebottle,

The day will end Tuesday the 20th, 6PM GMT. You need 4 votes to extend and 6 to shorten.

LT for this game. (Mostly for myself, for easier votecounts, but feel free to use it)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 19, 2011, 02:08:13 pm »

Hello everyone. I'll do stuff later.

mipe9:
Unvote

According to the latest vote totals, you weren't the first to vote him. Also, by a bit lurkish, I meant through this day.
This doesn't seem like scumhunting. Is there a reason you haven't quite gotten around to that yet?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 19, 2011, 02:52:11 pm »

Unvote

Oh, nice. You unvote as soon as somebody calls you out on it.

I'd love to see you hang, scum.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 19, 2011, 05:28:55 pm »

Because real life.

What part of real life? Give me specifics, as I have middle school homework, and often activities going on and yet I post every day. Admittedly, middleschool isn't much, but I have 10th grade homework, so it's a burden.

Also. Why are you nto pressing anyone else? Always press people. Always.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 38