Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 38

Author Topic: Beginners' XXVII - Imperishable Night - Game Over!  (Read 175795 times)

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' XXVII - Day 1 - Storm on Mt. Ooe
« Reply #165 on: September 19, 2011, 05:52:15 pm »

I personally don't like Powder Miner[/color]'s reaction to Jafferey suddenly having a lot of votes. He immediately called for an extension even though we still had ~3 days left to mull it over, and none of them were anything more than pressure votes. Day one usually ends in a mislynch. So, Powder Miner, why were you so concerned for Jafferey's life?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 19, 2011, 06:02:49 pm »

I personally don't like Powder Miner[/color]'s reaction to Jafferey suddenly having a lot of votes. He immediately called for an extension even though we still had ~3 days left to mull it over, and none of them were anything more than pressure votes. Day one usually ends in a mislynch. So, Powder Miner, why were you so concerned for Jafferey's life?
In other mafias, it's usually seen as scummy to stack votes D1, so I was directing that question to see if I could catch anyone of the four voting for Jafferey.  After all, you are supposed to jump on scummy things, correct? I don't really care for Jafferey's life, I was trying to scumhunt. I also don't see what your problem with the extension is. It's normal procedure, and it's always good for town to have time to make decisions. Perhaps you'd like town to speed through lynches so they don't make good choices?
Also, it's kinda funny how you're so sure that lynching Jafferey would be a mislynch. "Day one usually ends in a mislynch" Care to explain at all?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' XXVII - Day 1 - Storm on Mt. Ooe (town IC needed)
« Reply #167 on: September 19, 2011, 06:17:46 pm »

What part of real life? Give me specifics, as I have middle school homework, and often activities going on and yet I post every day. Admittedly, middleschool isn't much, but I have 10th grade homework, so it's a burden.

Also. Why are you nto pressing anyone else? Always press people. Always.

Don't demand specifics about people's life about why they're busy.

It's not a very polite thing to do.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 19, 2011, 06:21:26 pm »

What part of real life? Give me specifics, as I have middle school homework, and often activities going on and yet I post every day. Admittedly, middleschool isn't much, but I have 10th grade homework, so it's a burden.

Also. Why are you nto pressing anyone else? Always press people. Always.

Don't demand specifics about people's life about why they're busy.

It's not a very polite thing to do.

Augh. I feel like a jerk now. Sorry about that, mipe9.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 19, 2011, 08:22:42 pm »

In other mafias, it's usually seen as scummy to stack votes D1, so I was directing that question to see if I could catch anyone of the four voting for Jafferey.  After all, you are supposed to jump on scummy things, correct?
Catch them on what? They were all asking him RVS questions with a pressure vote. And yes. You are. Which is what I'm doing now.

I don't really care for Jafferey's life, I was trying to scumhunt.
Scumhunt...how, exactly? By asking a strange question with no actual response?

I also don't see what your problem with the extension is. It's normal procedure, and it's always good for town to have time to make decisions.
The town had three more days to go over it. An extension was entirely unnecessary at that point, and it looks odd that you'd extend for Jaffery when we still have plenty of time left to switch our votes around.

They're also RVS questions and requests to answer RVS questions, with pressure votes attached. All he has to do is answer their questions and poof, the vote is gone. RVS pressure votes aren't usually all that serious.
Perhaps you'd like town to speed through lynches so they don't make good choices?
Also, it's kinda funny how you're so sure that lynching Jafferey would be a mislynch. "Day one usually ends in a mislynch" Care to explain at all?
You still haven't learned to stop throwing bullshit around, have you? In almost every day one, town will end up mislynching town. It's not that big of a leap.
My Sig

mipe9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 19, 2011, 11:43:54 pm »

Oh, nice. You unvote as soon as somebody calls you out on it.

Yeah, I thought I had unvoted earlier.

You still haven't learned to stop throwing bullshit around, have you? In almost every day one, town will end up mislynching town. It's not that big of a leap.

Just because in almost every day one there is a mislynch doesn't mean that there should be a mislynch D1 on this game.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 20, 2011, 12:00:51 am »

mipe9:

Just because in almost every day one there is a mislynch doesn't mean that there should be a mislynch D1 on this game.
This is worthless. You're hanging on the sidelines, tossing comments at other people without actually doing anything. Who do you suspect? Why aren't you questioning them? How does this lead to you finding scum?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 20, 2011, 02:05:13 am »

Unvote.
Complete absence is unlikely to be a scumtell.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 20, 2011, 02:07:34 am »

Great.

Now what are your suspicions? And why aren't you voting them?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 20, 2011, 02:14:33 am »

Mipe9 for the most part.
But since this is a PBP I wouldn't be able to give an adequate explanation, other than "what they said".

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 20, 2011, 04:53:17 am »

Ugh, that was a badly worded question.
Unvote mormota

I would ask Toaster a question, but since he became a Scum IC is he still actually in the game?

Dariush!
Oh, nice. You unvote as soon as somebody calls you out on it.

Yeah, I thought I had unvoted earlier.

Statistics, my dear Watson. Town WILL die along the way, it is unavoidable.

This was PFP, later when I get home.

Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 20, 2011, 04:54:52 am »

Ugh, more later.
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 20, 2011, 07:15:40 am »

Ugh, that was a badly worded question.
Unvote mormota

I would ask Toaster a question, but since he became a Scum IC is he still actually in the game?

Dariush!
I answered already. No, he isn't.

Also, Jafferey has been replaced by Shakerag. The day is modextended by 24 hours to let our replacements get a hold of the current situation.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 07:20:59 am by Dariush »

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 20, 2011, 07:38:29 am »

Shakerag, do you think you look scummy for replacing someone so lurky?

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 20, 2011, 08:26:07 am »

Shakerag, do you think you look scummy for replacing someone so lurky?
Shakerag isn't playing yet. Go do some actual scumhunting.
My Sig

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 38