Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Cirque Du ‼SCIENCE‼  (Read 17504 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Cirque Du ‼SCIENCE‼
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2011, 12:58:45 pm »

It DOES have a [MAX_EDGE:1000] on it, and this seems to be the only thing on Obsidian that marks it as a sword stone.  But the raw has a footnote "no swords until you can pick mats" so there may be some hardcoding to prevent such low edge swords.  Still, if you made one, every attack would default to blunt...

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2011, 06:39:03 pm »

Furthermore, that could imply some form of hilarious whack-a-mole system for creating minions. Smack head down into the crotch area, they die, they get back up as crotchfaced igors.
Siged

"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2011, 06:57:14 pm »

Furthermore, that could imply some form of hilarious whack-a-mole system for creating minions. Smack head down into the crotch area, they die, they get back up as crotchfaced igors.
Siged

Double G.
This is a very dorfy thread, and you WILL read it.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2011, 11:09:13 pm »

It DOES have a [MAX_EDGE:1000] on it, and this seems to be the only thing on Obsidian that marks it as a sword stone.  But the raw has a footnote "no swords until you can pick mats" so there may be some hardcoding to prevent such low edge swords.  Still, if you made one, every attack would default to blunt...

A slade shortsword, with only blunt attacks? I think I can hear the Geneva Convention crying in the corner...

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2011, 04:48:11 am »

A slade shortsword, with only blunt attacks? I think I can hear the Geneva Convention crying in the corner...

Wouldn't that make it riot baton? A riot baton made from hellstone and will have more than enough force to shatter everyones limbs simultaniously and cause them to rocket off in opposite directions like someone had the Bloody_Mess perk crossed with the lovechild of critical existance failure and chunky salsa.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2011, 06:34:33 am »

So a blackjack, then?

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2011, 06:35:25 am »

So a blackjack, then?

A vorpal blackjack.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2011, 07:30:31 am »

Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2011, 10:18:33 am »

Update:

Turns out that I was slightly over-complicating matters by using sub-par miners. You can, in fact, get slade by simply channeling up into the floor above. That being said, I have a new, well-off fort and I've cleared out the undead and hatched over the glowing floor, so I can release the clowns one or two at a time for training purposes later. I am officially ready to start my slade studies in full.

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2011, 10:55:49 am »

Slade can't be made into warhammers even in moods, right? The base material must be a metal? If so, would 'spikes of slade' or 'rings of slade' still have an effect?
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2011, 11:02:32 am »

Well, one of my craftdwarves just tried making a slade pot, but I stopped him because slade is rather hard to come by with my current level of miner skill. I will, however, be making a slade door. I feel like it shall be perfect for my prison.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2011, 11:05:25 am »

The best trap ever: a button inside the cell that unhinges the door, right next to the door. the door swings inward.

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2011, 02:08:33 pm »

I have learned, quite conclusively, that slade can be used for blocks and furniture, as well as stone crafts. Whether moody dwarves will request it is still unknown, but in theory it should be possible. This also means that nobles mandating slade furniture no longer need to die. Usually.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2011, 02:08:58 pm »

Slade can't be made into warhammers even in moods, right? The base material must be a metal? If so, would 'spikes of slade' or 'rings of slade' still have an effect?
Decorations don't exist.  They just modify the item description and value, but not the item itself.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9