Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 153

Author Topic: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic  (Read 216623 times)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic
« Reply #120 on: October 22, 2011, 11:49:47 pm »

Thank ye, Dice. I tip my hat to you. 8)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 22, 2011, 11:51:35 pm »

Thank ye, Dice. I tip my hat to you. 8)

Aww, you didn't pick the one where she was staring at the pile of glowing, uh, manic pixie dust.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 22, 2011, 11:52:09 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 23, 2011, 12:00:16 am »

Because they've been alive all that time, even if they haven't been able to interact with the world they still likely were able to observe it. Luna's personality was submerged, so she as an individual probably didn't experience much, if any, time during the thousand years on the moon. I mentioned an example before that I think suits this situation very well; imagine if one of the kings of England from around 900-1100 CE went to sleep and then woke up in the modern U.K. Yeah, that bad. On top of that, Discord is essentially a god of chaos, which isn't exactly the sort of personality to hang on to old traditions.

3. Run Resize Enable

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 23, 2011, 12:16:28 am »

Hey Flying Dice, could you PM me the avatar bundle? I might consider switching to one after Nightmare Night Halloween.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 23, 2011, 12:54:47 am »

Hey Flying Dice, could you PM me the avatar bundle? I might consider switching to one after Nightmare Night Halloween.

Sure. I'll send you the two Luna ones I didn't use, as well.  :)

3. Run Resize Enable

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 23, 2011, 01:11:03 am »

If you could PM me them too... :P
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 23, 2011, 01:12:11 am »

Thanks! I was expecting more but actually taking caps at exactly the right moment is hard (which is why I asked for these) so I understand.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 23, 2011, 01:14:51 am »

Thanks! I was expecting more but actually taking caps at exactly the right moment is hard (which is why I asked for these) so I understand.

Yeah, they were just a few I whipped together on a whim, rather than some sort of organized effort.  :P

If you could PM me them too... :P

Heh, sure. Like I said though, there are only 4 of Zecora and 2 of Luna. I might go back and get more tomorrow though. I was really tempted to do a He-Man joke with that one of Luna hovering upright. That, or Highlander. If anyone wanted something specific from that episode, go ahead and ask, and I might do it before I pass out in my chair go to sleep.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 01:19:22 am by Flying Dice »

3. Run Resize Enable

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 23, 2011, 02:25:02 am »

Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 23, 2011, 03:12:05 am »

I tried to withhold judgement after the failing of Lesson Zero. Sadly, after seeing Nightmare Night, I'm calling it now: Jumped the Shark

Luna was annoying. The premise of the episode was that she was carrying the idiot ball, just like Lesson Zero's premise was that Twilight was carrying it. Pinkie was once again a hollow shell of her former self. She had lines this time, but it was like it wasn't her speaking them, just some pinkish facsimile of her. Rarity wasn't even in the episode. I guess they just forgot about her? I spent more time cringing that I did enjoying it.

Disappointed.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 23, 2011, 03:35:29 am »

Number of people I've seen outright dislike the episode (not counting youtube comments which are probably trolls): 1

I've talked to several who were lukewarm, but no one but you have said it's not at least a decent episode. Seriously; scour the equestria daily comments on the episode. See if you can find someone who hated the episode. I'll wait.

If it's your personal shark jumping, that's fine. Understand though, two dud episodes does not ruin a series. Isn't it a bit presumptuous to assume?

Truth be told, I'm still a bit skeptical since the main creative lead is now largely out of the picture. However, I'm still giving it a good 8 or so more episodes before calling anything. Firstly of course I think I'd need more evidence before calling shark jumping, and secondly this series has huge value to me through analysis, and that requires time. Most shows, when you dig deep into them, have plot holes and other junk. This one, I just find more things to like.* I was pretty lukewarm to the Return of Harmony two parter when I first saw them. Now they're among my favorites.

*Should be noted that neither Lesson Zero or Luna Eclipsed have really shown much in this area yet. Lesson Zero was an almost total failure, actually, but Luna Eclipsed was pretty good in the details except the plot holes concerning episode 1.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 23, 2011, 03:40:22 am »

Rarity is simply too dignified to dress up in such...garish.... Costumes!

Plus she would have fit right in with Luna. Especially with the thees and thous.

Plus

You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 23, 2011, 03:45:06 am »

Rarity was cut for time, actually. Awesome as Rarity's costume would've been, I can't think of any scenes that would've been better to cut. Except most anything with Pipsqueak.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 23, 2011, 03:49:47 am »

Headcanon.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 153