Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 153

Author Topic: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic  (Read 215293 times)

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic
« Reply #465 on: October 26, 2011, 04:09:01 pm »

mind responding to my points?

They weren't thought out well enough to warrant a response.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: October 26, 2011, 04:11:28 pm »

Spike didn't go. Why assume that other students would bring their familiar? And Spike also didn't go when they went to Canterlot in The Return of Harmony.

You don't take your slaves with you to the palace.

Spike DID go to the GGG, he just left as soon as all his friends dashed off with their own agendas. He was very blatantly invited, and he did show up, but he didn't stay under his own volition.

Twilight doesn't seem to take Spike everywhere, anyway. She certainly never takes him anywhere that could be considered dangerous, like the Everfree Forest. She probably didn't see any need to bring him with her on what was likely a potentially dangerous assignment.

Yes, I do. But I can. All of those unanswered questions all suddenly make complete sense if it's general policy for Celestia to arrange for the "procurement" of dragon eggs to test her students and for those students to keep them as familiars if they pass.

That explanation fits all the evidence.

Yes, but it has no backing. The eggs being adopted has just as much credibility, if not more considering that a dragon probably would give any egg-stealers absolute hell, which means a hefty dose of hazard pay.

You're also being a bit of an ass to Dsarker, it's not like his points were bad.
Nothing important here, move along.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: October 26, 2011, 04:12:41 pm »

Okay. So mind explaining why Twilight should have left Spike with the other dragons when it is clearly shown that dragons are cannibalistic?
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: October 26, 2011, 04:18:40 pm »

Okay. So mind explaining why Twilight should have left Spike with the other dragons when it is clearly shown that dragons are cannibalistic?
I love how we went from one terrible scenario (CHILD SLAVERY) to another, completely different one (CANNIBALISM).

Welcome to the fucking Bay12Forums. Hope you like miasma!

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: October 26, 2011, 04:20:04 pm »

I love how we went from one terrible scenario (CHILD SLAVERY) to another, completely different one (CANNIBALISM).

But it isn't child slavery. Why, if it were, would Twilight even allow him to run away? She'd have stopped him before he even got to the Everfree Forest, let alone in it.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: October 26, 2011, 04:22:50 pm »

But it isn't child slavery. Why, if it were, would Twilight even allow him to run away? She'd have stopped him before he even got to the Everfree Forest, let alone in it.
No, you misunderstand me, I don't think it's child slavery either. What I mean is that to disprove the point that there is child slavery, you bring up the point that there is cannibalism.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: October 26, 2011, 04:23:42 pm »

No, you misunderstand me, I don't think it's child slavery either. What I mean is that to disprove the point that there is child slavery, you bring up the point that there is cannibalism.
I confirm this.

He was stating Bay12's ADD  :P

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: October 26, 2011, 04:27:50 pm »

Okay, Dsarker, maybe you could use a little more thought in your ideas.

The dragon never showed tendencies of cannibalism. He was just defending his hoard. By trying to kill Spike.

Also, it's obvious that Spike was able to leave without Twilight's awareness, since she likely would have stopped him early whether he was a slave to her or not if she had known.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: October 26, 2011, 04:33:10 pm »

Ah, very well - explain then why Twilight should have returned Spike to the other dragons if they'd have killed him rather than feeding him.

Yes, but if he was Twilight's slave, she'd have been keeping a closer eye on him.

Jacos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: October 26, 2011, 04:36:07 pm »

Hey guys, I've been doing a Friendship is Magic Star Trek crossover for almost a week now, called "My Little Trekkie: First Contact is Magic". It's basically a comedy with tons of bad joke, with half of them about Star Trek. Anyway, it's on FIMFic and Chapter Three should be coming out sooner or later tonight, so any good ratings would be appreciated. Thanks.
Dwarven Science: We do what we must, because, we're bored.

Every few miles, [the dwarves] stop the cart.  One of the dwarfs (sic) gets off, digs a hole down below the dirt layers, licks the bedrock, and then they know exactly where they are.  It's called GPS: Geological Piquancy Sampling.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: October 26, 2011, 04:38:25 pm »

Ah, very well - explain then why Twilight should have returned Spike to the other dragons if they'd have killed him rather than feeding him.

Yes, but if he was Twilight's slave, she'd have been keeping a closer eye on him.

I didn't say she would have returned Spike. It's obvious that unless they found Spike's original mother and she showed signs of actually wanting him they would likely not 'return' him to anyone, especially since dragons appear to be isolationist and territorial, and male dragons seem to be a bit mean.

You do have a bit of a point about the slave thing. Which is good, since we're on the same side. I think.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: October 26, 2011, 04:39:17 pm »

You don't exactly have proof that the baby was kidnapped.

Answer my questions. Where did the egg come from? Why wasn't it returned? Why wasn't Spike returned after he was hatched? Why was Spike told to stay at home when they specifically went to go talk to a dragon?
1 Spike could be an orphan
2 Spike could be an orphan
3 Spike could be an orphan
4 Since these are the classic gold hoarding Dragons, they are likely quite terratorial about their gold with other dragons, making spike more of a liability than a help and come on people you're looking too deeply into this.

Seriously people? Dragon slaves? Dragon slaves. I don't know how many times I can keep telling you guys this, this is a children's show targeted to young girls, do you really think Lauren Faust made spike a character because she thought that twilight, a character meant to be a role-model, would have to address her status being a slave owner at some point in the series?

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: October 26, 2011, 04:40:14 pm »

I believe we are...you rotten no-good scumbag :P

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: October 26, 2011, 04:44:59 pm »

How dare you accuse us of looking too deeply into something? How else are we supposed to keep ourselves occupied while we await the next episode?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: October 26, 2011, 04:48:09 pm »

I believe its cause the 1st generation or whatever have you... had a dumpy looking barneysuar.  The mane 6 and Spike was created based off of the really old ponies.
I think the only original pony from that generation is Applejack as the others did not belong to Hasbro anymore or something.

*snip*
Like an orphanage!  Rainbow Dash level parenting, but on a cultural level!
Dragon culture is probably very different from ponies.  Ain't about the sunshine, rainbows and sugar high.  I'd say is about gems, gold and tasty meatgems.
*snip*
Or dragons don't care enough about their children that they abandon their eggs.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 153