Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 153

Author Topic: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic  (Read 215312 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic
« Reply #900 on: November 06, 2011, 01:05:09 am »

How to extrapolate meaningless interpretations from tiny bits of canon: Applejack was under the surface of the mud pit with no breathing apparatus from 17:50 to 19:42, or approximately 1:52. Ponies are generally assumed to reach about waist-stomach height on an adult human of average height (judging based on fanon interpretation, as well as the respective heights of the children and ponies in previous generations), but have slightly larger chests in comparison to overall body size. For the purposes of this, we can assume that the average pony would have something on the order of 65-85% of the lung capacity of an adult human, but if we account for Earth Pony magically strengthened endurance, it should be roughly equal. Now, the average human is able to hold their breath for 30s-60s while submerged. However, it is possible to train yourself to hold your breath for longer periods of time, particularly if you are in a line of work which requires you to spend substantial lengths of time in and under water. The current record for longest breath held underwater by a human is 18m32.59s by Brazilian Karoline Mariechen Meyer. In other words, Applejack held her breath more than twice as long as the average for a normal pony, despite having no need to do so once the switch had been made. She also somehow managed to detect that the race was over, despite being submerged in mud that was thick enough to provide a sufficiently solid surface for Sweetie Belle to jump across. After emerging from the mud, she displayed no sign of panic or serious O2 deprivation, needing little more than a quick, deep breath before hopping out and trotting over to her friends.

Therefore, the only rational conclusion is that Applejack is a former member of Equestria's elite aquatic Special Operations organization, Bay Watch, which has long been at the forefront of the secret war against the terrible threat of the godless pinko Seaponies and their musical weapons of mass destruction.

lolhorsepun

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: November 06, 2011, 01:23:51 am »

That all actually sounded pretty legit.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: November 06, 2011, 01:27:18 am »

MLP: Uniting biologists, physicists, and drunks to discuss cartoons.

I love the internet.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: November 06, 2011, 01:27:34 am »

If I had any talent, I would have drawn her in a wetsuit with a diving knife. But no-o-o, the natural skill for drawing and painting in the family had to end before me.  >:(

Hey, I hope this gives a certain someone out there an idea for a drawing. Applejack. Wetsuit. Diving. All my money.

3. Run Resize Enable

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: November 06, 2011, 01:51:15 am »

If I had any talent, I would have drawn her in a wetsuit with a diving knife. But no-o-o, the natural skill for drawing and painting in the family had to end before me.  >:(

Hey, I hope this gives a certain someone out there an idea for a drawing. Applejack. Wetsuit. Diving. All my money.
I CAN DRAW nothing in proper proportion  :P

Hey guys I took the official pony quiz, and I'm...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: November 06, 2011, 01:52:29 am »

Applejack is a former member of Equestria's elite aquatic
Special Operations organization, Bay Watch

I'm to the point where I'm more surprised to discover that something hasn't been ponified than that it has. I found no sign of any MLP/Baywatch crossovers. However, a google image search for "my little pony pamela anderson" did generate the following:

Pony Scissorhands
Pony Fett
Pony Cthulhu
Elizabeth Hasselbeck with a giant pink pony
Four ponies of the Apocalypse
The Joker, pony
Pony Alien
Pony of fuedal Japan
He-man and his mighty battlepony
Pony Borg
Pony Wolverine tattoo

Why google associates these things with Pamela Anderson...we may never know.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: November 06, 2011, 02:01:54 am »

Applejack is a former member of Equestria's elite aquatic
Special Operations organization, Bay Watch

I'm to the point where I'm more surprised to discover that something hasn't been ponified than that it has. I found no sign of any MLP/Baywatch crossovers. However, a google image search for "my little pony pamela anderson" did generate the following:

Pony Scissorhands
Pony Fett
Pony Cthulhu
Elizabeth Hasselbeck with a giant pink pony
Four ponies of the Apocalypse
The Joker, pony
Pony Alien
Pony of fuedal Japan
He-man and his mighty battlepony
Pony Borg
Pony Wolverine tattoo

Why google associates these things with Pamela Anderson...we may never know.

I only included that for the pun of it.

I want that Pony of Borg plushie so bad now...

As for the quiz: Rainbow Dash~

3. Run Resize Enable

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: November 06, 2011, 02:18:31 am »

Applejack here :)  I am a pretty honest pony.  *shifty eyes*

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: November 06, 2011, 03:43:29 am »

How to extrapolate meaningless interpretations from tiny bits of canon: Applejack was under the surface of the mud pit with no breathing apparatus from 17:50 to 19:42, or approximately 1:52. Ponies are generally assumed to reach about waist-stomach height on an adult human of average height (judging based on fanon interpretation, as well as the respective heights of the children and ponies in previous generations), but have slightly larger chests in comparison to overall body size. For the purposes of this, we can assume that the average pony would have something on the order of 65-85% of the lung capacity of an adult human, but if we account for Earth Pony magically strengthened endurance, it should be roughly equal. Now, the average human is able to hold their breath for 30s-60s while submerged. However, it is possible to train yourself to hold your breath for longer periods of time, particularly if you are in a line of work which requires you to spend substantial lengths of time in and under water. The current record for longest breath held underwater by a human is 18m32.59s by Brazilian Karoline Mariechen Meyer. In other words, Applejack held her breath more than twice as long as the average for a normal pony, despite having no need to do so once the switch had been made. She also somehow managed to detect that the race was over, despite being submerged in mud that was thick enough to provide a sufficiently solid surface for Sweetie Belle to jump across. After emerging from the mud, she displayed no sign of panic or serious O2 deprivation, needing little more than a quick, deep breath before hopping out and trotting over to her friends.

Therefore, the only rational conclusion is that Applejack is a former member of Equestria's elite aquatic Special Operations organization, Bay Watch, which has long been at the forefront of the secret war against the terrible threat of the godless pinko Seaponies and their musical weapons of mass destruction.

lolhorsepun
Considering it... how long do you figure Rarity stayed down there?  Since before everypony showed up to the festival?  Its more then likely that the Apple sisters and Rarity set up a little alcove... a comfy one under that mudpit somewhere. 
As for enough oxygen to last a pony for... how many hours?  Assuming Rarity got down there as soon as people started to trickle in for the competition thing? Perhaps 3-4 hours at most... 
Well, heck if I know how that works.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: November 06, 2011, 04:00:32 am »

Was that directed at me? If so, I'll, uh, think about it.

Just out of curiosity, exactly how much is "all your money"?

:P

As for Rarity and Applejack staying under that mud for long - well, exactly how often do you think anyone would pay attention to mud? It's not the focus of the race, not to mention not the most eye-pleasing thing to look at. They both could have been coming up for air every minute, or just plain sat there with their mud-covered noses just above the surface, and nobody would so much as notice.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 04:03:28 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: November 06, 2011, 04:01:51 am »

(Must resist elitist joke... MUST RESIST)

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: November 06, 2011, 05:56:25 am »

Just watched the latest episode.

Already looking forward to next episode, I'm predicting it's gonna be good, perhaps the best so far in the season.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: November 06, 2011, 06:00:13 am »

(Must resist elitist joke... MUST RESIST)
Meh, I'll be content if he uses his writing skills and gives the first part of our fic a thorough editing pass. ;)

Besides, I can't even begin to think how to color an underwater scene. It's not like I draw diving ponies - or diving anyone - on a daily basis. As such, here, have thee a sketch:

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: November 06, 2011, 06:29:12 am »

Also, Sean, that is all kinds of awesome!
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 153