Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 153

Author Topic: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic  (Read 216637 times)

tagg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic
« Reply #1080 on: November 09, 2011, 12:48:43 am »

Ungf. Sadness. I don't understand. I ne-never cry so why? :'( :'( :'(
Confound these ponies, they drive me to having emotions.

And because I don't want to imagespan without reason: other pony things that made you cry? I seem to find it strangely cathartic. Feels good to feel.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: November 09, 2011, 12:59:25 am »

Confound these ponies, they drive me to having emotions.
other pony things that made you cry? I seem to find it strangely cathartic. Feels good to feel.

I watch ponies for happies, not sads. Call it an aesthetic choice, but I much prefer heartwarming to tears.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: November 09, 2011, 01:03:03 am »

Still, for those of us who rarely experience emotions at all, even a sadness-evoking picture can be enjoyable, in a twisted sort of way.

Anyone else remember Star Trek: Generations? Data's reaction to a drink? Same thing.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: November 09, 2011, 01:31:05 am »

I've never seen any Star Trek stuff at all.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: November 09, 2011, 01:42:52 am »

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: November 09, 2011, 01:59:39 am »

What does he mean when he says 'chip'?
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: November 09, 2011, 02:25:17 am »

Time for panic?

"They left after Season 2 was written. It was a little ugly."
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: November 09, 2011, 02:32:15 am »

He means Data's "emotion chip."  Data is normally an emotionless android with the desire to "be more human."  He got his emotion chip from his creator later on but rarely used it because he couldn't handle the rush of emotions from it.  In Star Trek Generations, he puts it in for good.  And hilarity ensues.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: November 09, 2011, 02:43:40 am »

Time for panic?

Time for panic at season 3. They (which I'm presuming means Rob and Lauren) were apparently involved in writing EVERY script for season 2.

He means Data's "emotion chip."  Data is normally an emotionless android with the desire to "be more human."  He got his emotion chip from his creator later on but rarely used it because he couldn't handle the rush of emotions from it.  In Star Trek Generations, he puts it in for good.  And hilarity ensues.

Oh, okay. Makes much more sense now.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: November 09, 2011, 02:51:43 am »

Well yeah, I meant panic about the long term continuation of the series being called into question.

The quote was panic about LF no longer even approving new scripts for season 3+.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: November 09, 2011, 02:52:17 am »

It was never going to last long anyway.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: November 09, 2011, 04:59:47 am »

Yeah, all good things must come to an end eventually. The fandom might still live on though. Who knows? Maybe it'll get revived later. Speaking of which, are The Simpsons still running?

Oh god a Simpsons/MLP crossover...

Anyway, I'm still tinkering with those two scenes.

Some shading and minor fixes on the Urist/RD one:

Some detail changes and a crossbow redesign for the Starkey/AJ one:

I even found a use for those decorative rings of Starkey's. If they're fixed to the crossbow on a pivot, they could be used for aiming, aligning the bumps on the two rings with the target and using own discretion for bolt drop compensation. This means that in firing position, the crossbow ends up being held "reverse gangsta style".
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 05:03:31 am by Sean Mirrsen »

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: November 09, 2011, 05:15:09 am »

Best part about DF/MLP crossover?

Our fanon both involve socks.

Okay. So I just read that Blueblood Groundhog Day Loop story. I can feel the tears coming. That was absolutely glorious. Time loop stories are among my favourites, and that was absolutely magnificent.

I definitely suggest the Fanfic I linked earlier if you enjoy getting your emotions sucker-punched. A worthy read.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 05:18:20 am by Jimmy »

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: November 09, 2011, 06:03:03 am »

Best part about DF/MLP crossover?

Our fanon both involve socks.

Okay. So I just read that Blueblood Groundhog Day Loop story. I can feel the tears coming. That was absolutely glorious. Time loop stories are among my favourites, and that was absolutely magnificent.

I definitely suggest the Fanfic I linked earlier if you enjoy getting your emotions sucker-punched. A worthy read.

For some reason it reminds me of the movie Charlie St Cloud.

It isn't a b'awwwww fic, neither. It's heartwarming.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: November 09, 2011, 10:57:04 am »

Time for panic?

I'm a little worried after reading that.  I'm not worried that they're going to cancel the show (although they well might, some companies don't give a crap even if a cartoon is doing well).

I'm worried about the quality of the episodes.  It's funny, reading on Equestria Daily, it seems that most fans think that season 2 is better than season 1.  Most people here disagree.  I'm not sure what to think, since I've seen so little of the first season.

I'll admit that I was worried about the show after I read that Lauren Faust left, if for no reason other than it would surely change.  I hadn't even watched any of it by that point, but I knew I was going to like it when I did.  And I did, and I knew that if it changed from something all of these fans liked it would probably only change for the worse.

At least most fans seem to think season 2 is great.  I still think it's better than most crap on TV these days, even if I can't fairly weigh it against season 1.  But if they change writers again, who knows what might happen.

I feel pretty strange caring this much about the fairly distant future of a cartoon that I've watched all of 8 episodes of.  Curse you ponies...
Through pain, I find wisdom.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 153