Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 153

Author Topic: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic  (Read 215311 times)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic
« Reply #1950 on: November 17, 2011, 12:31:37 pm »

Ahh yeas the "I want to be a pony" thing.

Pesnonally i'd kinda like to be a pegasus. No matter equastria or not.
They can freaking FLY (and fast)!
Can live off grass (so you can literally have food for free).
And walk on clouds (and build houses out of them).

Unicorns and Earth ponies are far less interesting in comparison.
Unicorns can usually do what i can do with my hands (telekinesis) when it comes to manipulating objects and have one special trick at most (with the exeption of the rare ponies that have magic as their calling).

And let's not get started on about earth ponies since they are basically normal everyday horses with the added inteligence and ability to talk... not so hot TBH.

In short - Pegasus Ponies are best ponies.

You may say both EP and Unicorns can live off grass... but they also can't do things i cannot do as a human with working hands and 5 fingers on each.
Pegasus ponies on the other hand/hoof...
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 12:33:57 pm by Sonlirain »
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: November 17, 2011, 12:34:42 pm »

Unicorn = vastly superior. On an individual level, there really is no argument otherwise. I would be one all the way :D

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: November 17, 2011, 12:56:55 pm »

I would rather be able to fly than have fine motor control in a world without anything I enjoy that requires fine motor control. If Equestria had CounterStrike, on the other hand...

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: November 17, 2011, 01:03:04 pm »

I would rather be able to fly than have fine motor control in a world without anything I enjoy that requires fine motor control. If Equestria had [s[Counter[/s]PonyStrike, on the other hoof
corrected

i would go either pegasus or unicorn, they are both awesome, but probably pegasus.

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: November 17, 2011, 01:06:13 pm »

I would rather be able to fly than have fine motor control in a world without anything I enjoy that requires fine motor control. If Equestria had CounterPonyStrike, on the other hoof
corrected

i would go either pegasus or unicorn, they are both awesome, but probably pegasus.

Fixed that for you. And that really doesn't make sense.  :P

Maybe if I was talking about, say, Too Human, but who the hell would talk about a game that shitty?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: November 17, 2011, 01:11:11 pm »

You know.

I wouldn't like to be a pony.

You know what I would like to be?

The Chaos God of Conquering. Just straight-up Conquering. I'd be the end of everything. While you ponies are off rolling about, I'd conquer basically everything. I'd have the whole multiverse in my hands! While I annex Equestria you shall lament telling Fniff that becoming a Chaos God would have a multitude of problems! I'll shoooooow you allllll!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: November 17, 2011, 01:20:48 pm »

I would rather be able to fly than have fine motor control in a world without anything I enjoy that requires fine motor control. If Equestria had CounterPonyStrike, on the other hoof
corrected

Fixed that for you. And that really doesn't make sense.  :P

Maybe if I was talking about, say, Too Human, but who the hell would talk about a game that shitty?
And besides, there's no such thing as Too Pony.

As far as ponyconversion goes, I'd choose a unicorn, probably. I enjoy creative arts more than I do rapid movement, and I'd likely make myself much more useful with a magic grasp (and a grasp of magic as well). If the choice was to stay in this world or become an earth pony in Equestria, I'd still convert. I'd probably become an inventor then. First things on the list - design tools actually meant for use with the mouth and hooves.

But, given the existence of certain individuals *glances at above post*, I'll probably remain in my usual form and role. I'd visit Equestria from time to time maybe, discreet like, and I'd probably use a lesser branch 'verse to avoid accidentally messing up the main sequence.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: November 17, 2011, 01:29:22 pm »

I was also thinking... what if humans that would visit equastria happened to be totally magic immune.
Or even have some antimagic aura making it impossible for Pegasi to fly with them nearby and Unicorns would be denied of their magic.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: November 17, 2011, 01:31:04 pm »

Yeah, I'd probably just go with being a human. As I said, Murphy's Law applies to polymorphing. I could end up as the Chaos God of Chairs or something like that.

I was also thinking... what if humans that would visit equastria happened to be totally magic immune.
Or even have some antimagic aura making it impossible for Pegasi to fly with them nearby and Unicorns would be denied of their magic.

Would simply mean humans can't come into Equestria. What would make it more complicated would be that humans can take magic in. And can become as powerful as Twilight, or even Princess Celestia. What if humans could do magic, but didn't have any limits at all?

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: November 17, 2011, 01:36:40 pm »

Yeah, I'd probably just go with being a human. As I said, Murphy's Law applies to polyponymorphing. I could end up as the Chaos God of Chairs or something like that.

-deleted due to unrainbow dashieness-

pegasus is me. :D
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 01:40:56 pm by drago55577 »

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: November 17, 2011, 01:39:05 pm »

It's technically not ponymorphing if it's a Chaos Go... Oh forget it!

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: November 17, 2011, 01:40:16 pm »

:|
stop ruining my fun...

Spoiler: pegasus (click to show/hide)

Rip goat, more loli

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: November 17, 2011, 01:47:22 pm »

Yeah, I'd probably just go with being a human. As I said, Murphy's Law applies to polymorphing. I could end up as the Chaos God of Chairs or something like that.

Would simply mean humans can't come into Equestria. What would make it more complicated would be that humans can take magic in. And can become as powerful as Twilight, or even Princess Celestia. What if humans could do magic, but didn't have any limits at all?
Going by Night Watch, most humans have a "positive Magic temperature" - i.e. they radiate their Magic as quickly - and perhaps more quickly - as they accumulate it from the world. Only a few, the Other, have a "temperature" lower than the ambient, meaning that while they still accumulate Magic from the world, they only let a part of it out, resulting in them having said Magic at their disposal. Now, assuming this is still true, and our world simply doesn't have ambient magic, once an Other enters Equestria, he'll be able to do magic as well as his "temperature" allows him to. If his output rate is zero, he'll be like a mini-magic-blackhole, actively draining the charge from the surroundings. Considering most ponies seem to be very connected to the ambient magic of Equestria, being around such a human would probably make them feel very bad.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: November 17, 2011, 01:52:23 pm »

Going by Night Watch, most humans have a "positive Magic temperature" - i.e. they radiate their Magic as quickly - and perhaps more quickly - as they accumulate it from the world. Only a few, the Other, have a "temperature" lower than the ambient, meaning that while they still accumulate Magic from the world, they only let a part of it out, resulting in them having said Magic at their disposal. Now, assuming this is still true, and our world simply doesn't have ambient magic, once an Other enters Equestria, he'll be able to do magic as well as his "temperature" allows him to. If his output rate is zero, he'll be like a mini-magic-blackhole, actively draining the charge from the surroundings. Considering most ponies seem to be very connected to the ambient magic of Equestria, being around such a human would probably make them feel very bad.
That is a great basis for a fanfic! I'd write it myself if I was actually any good at writing in English. I could probably write it in German, but my thoughts don't translate too well to English.
What I'm trying to say is:
Somebody! Do this story!

Oh, also, I've updated the story folder again. The only thing I've added is the recent chapter of "To Set Right".

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: November 17, 2011, 01:53:04 pm »

i found this, i think its twilight or something.

Rip goat, more loli
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 153