Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 153

Author Topic: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic  (Read 216682 times)

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic
« Reply #1995 on: November 17, 2011, 04:18:01 pm »

sounds stupid, greedy...

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: November 17, 2011, 04:21:27 pm »

my theory: earth ponies tend to have more passive magic, like divination and healing. or, In some cases,  a sort of symbiosis with a particular plant.
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: November 17, 2011, 04:23:54 pm »

Spoiler: me when im angry (click to show/hide)

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: November 17, 2011, 04:24:43 pm »

I would interpret that as a unicorn whose special talent lies in magical alteration of inertia. So they could "fly" by changing their velocity relative to the planet.
Speaking of odd talents, what would happen to an earth pony or pegasus with a talent in Magic, such as Twilight's? Assuming it was physically possible, of course.

Also, I believe said hypothetical flying unicorn wouldn't live very long. It doesn't take much to vector yourself into the ground at five times the speed of sound with that ability...
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: November 17, 2011, 04:26:19 pm »

Not to mention that unless they were members of the Outer Party, they wouldn't care. Inner Party don't get spied on (they are the people doing the spying), and they merely have to keep up with the power struggles. They'd use the ponies and then forget about them.
As far as I remember, that's not quite true. Inner Party gets spied on all the time, too. Children get trained to spy on absolutely everyone, especially their relatives. Not all spies are from the Inner Party and basically everyone spies on basically everyone else.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: November 17, 2011, 04:28:25 pm »

so

Rainbow Dash has gone the speed of sound?

Rip goat, more loli

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: November 17, 2011, 04:29:25 pm »

Also, I believe said hypothetical flying unicorn wouldn't live very long. It doesn't take much to vector yourself into the ground at five times the speed of sound with that ability...
Oh great. I started rhyming.

If you fly into the ground / At five times the speed of sound, / A pink mist will spread around, / And your body won't be found.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: November 17, 2011, 04:35:03 pm »

At a speed so fast your as fast as sound, your bound to smash your face in the ground.

hows that for rhyming what you said?

Rip goat, more loli

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: November 17, 2011, 04:36:56 pm »

At a speed so fast your as fast as sound, your bound to smash your face in the ground.

hows that for rhyming what you said?
The rhyming is acceptable.
The spelling, however, is not.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: November 17, 2011, 04:38:37 pm »

I could imagine that a unicorn skilled enough in telekinesis would be able to make the air in a certain area solid enough to stand on. It wouldn't be flying, per se, but it would certainly beat being stuck to the ground.

As for the private audience thing, well, I am a mild furry. I'd probably say it more as a joke than anything, though, just to gauge how much of a sense of humor Celestia has so that I'd know how obscene I could be without pissing her off.

That and doing the most outrageous thing I could to start off with would make me quite a bit more comfortable with talking to her. I had already done nearly the worst I could do, so if she's cool with it I'm probably not going to be able to do much to piss her off.
Nothing important here, move along.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: November 17, 2011, 04:39:06 pm »

Oh great. I started rhyming.

If you fly into the ground / At five times the speed of sound, / A pink mist will spread around, / And your body won't be found.
Double self-quote pyramid go!

This has just reminded me of a very, very heartwrenching (I'd imagine) image I've considered doing... but I wouldn't be able to do it justice, I think, not with my current skills. If you're wondering, it has to do with S01E16.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: November 17, 2011, 04:39:40 pm »

I could imagine that a unicorn skilled enough in telekinesis would be able to make the air in a certain area solid enough to stand on. It wouldn't be flying, per se, but it would certainly beat being stuck to the ground.

As for the private audience thing, well, I am a mild furry. I'd probably say it more as a joke than anything, though, just to gauge how much of a sense of humor Celestia has so that I'd know how obscene I could be without pissing her off.

That and doing the most outrageous thing I could to start off with would make me quite a bit more comfortable with talking to her. I had already done nearly the worst I could do, so if she's cool with it I'm probably not going to be able to do much to piss her off.
My reaction.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: November 17, 2011, 04:44:43 pm »

Well I'm sorry you don't like the idea of air-walking. I thought it was a rather good idea. :P

But, yeah, I'm a bit of a nut. I think Celestia would understand, though. She'd probably only beat me half to death.
Nothing important here, move along.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: November 17, 2011, 04:46:19 pm »

Well, on the other hand, you could suddenly awaken her... other side. Maybe then you'd wish she'd beat you half to death. Then again, maybe not. ;D

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: November 17, 2011, 04:47:05 pm »

snips

twilights anger

oh...my mind feels better and so does im glad that little ...image... in the back of my mind behind a wall of flame and Celestias army is gone :)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
anyway im going to play skyrim.

Rip goat, more loli
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 153