Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 153

Author Topic: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic  (Read 216679 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic
« Reply #2010 on: November 17, 2011, 04:47:43 pm »

As I recall the accepted earth pony magic is essentially that they have much greater endurance and physical strength. They also appear to be much more active in terms of expansionism, if Appleloosa is any indicator.

Dash episode is almost here, and it damn well better revolve around Scoots wanting to be her pet. Judging from the screenshot posted on EqD, the other, lesser candidates are all birds, which makes it fit even better. Scoots has never been a chicken; chickens are capable of limited flight. Obviously she is either an ostrich, an emu, or a penguin.

Well, on the other hand, you could suddenly awaken her... other side. Maybe then you'd wish she'd beat you half to death. Then again, maybe not. ;D

I think everyone would enjoy being penetrated by the horn that pierced the heavens, regardless of normal preferences.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: November 17, 2011, 04:48:16 pm »

To be honest, if I was to gain an audience with Princess Celestia, I'd be nervous as all hell. Mainly because holy shit she could kill me right now if she wanted to what if I fuck up she is an ice-cold bitch she tossed her sister on the fucking moon oh God I am going to die

Yeah. Though, the good news is that I'm a friendly enough guy that maybe my incredible nervousness won't shine through.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: November 17, 2011, 04:52:46 pm »

i would be happy, nervous, but happy.

Princess Celestia kicks Fniff in the head with her Front Left Hoof, shattering the skull, piercing the brain with the skull and tearing the brain
Fniff has been struck down

Celestia: i win haha

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: November 17, 2011, 04:55:47 pm »

I would probably be nervous about seeing her just because I wouldn't want to make her angry, but I'm sure I'd warm up to her quickly. Hopefully she'd do the same about me.

The wonderful thing about my family is that we've got a lot of charisma. It's really useful for getting on people's good side, because we usually have to actively try before we can piss people off.
Nothing important here, move along.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: November 17, 2011, 04:56:27 pm »

Didn't you see that quote from Lauren Faust that confirmed that NMM was intending to usher in an age of evil, and that Celestia still was reluctant to banish her, even though she had no other option? Combined with what we have seen of her in canon and her benevolent dictator reputation, I'd say that she is actually very kind, caring, and warm, particularly to individuals she cares about, and slightly silly or dismissive to those she dislikes. At the very least, killing someone for no reason would tarnish her reputation, if she were evil. Personally, I subscribe to the idea of Celestia as genuinely good, with a sense of humor. And as Molestia and Trollestia, but only jokingly.

3. Run Resize Enable

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: November 17, 2011, 04:58:16 pm »

suurree....

Celestia:you have insulted me TheBronzePickle

TheBronzePickle has been struck down.

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: November 17, 2011, 04:59:07 pm »

She's always been a benevolent leader in my book. The one thing I've noticed is that she acts a bit shallow around most of her citizens. She's not comfortable forming close bonds with others, likely because she's learned not to from having to watch most of her friends die.

It must be harsh when your best friends leave you in the blink of an eye.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: November 17, 2011, 05:00:08 pm »

sounds stupid, greedy...

Well, of course. Think of the Inner Party as the ultimate 1%.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: November 17, 2011, 05:04:11 pm »

She's always been a benevolent leader in my book. The one thing I've noticed is that she acts a bit shallow around most of her citizens. She's not comfortable forming close bonds with others, likely because she's learned not to from having to watch most of her friends die.

It must be harsh when your best friends leave you in the blink of an eye.

That's the thing about immortality: Everyone you know will die in, relatively, a blink of your eye. Except for other immortals. Though to be fair a lot of her subjects (or at least the ones she is in contact with on a regular basis) are probably rather shallow themselves, or at least not the most interesting of individuals to be around, given that most of them are either sworn to protect and serve her or are nobility. Note how she acted toward the rest of the Mane 6 after the Gala: She hardly knew who they were, had only met them a handful of times for short durations, and yet spoke frankly and happily to them. Admittedly, part of this is because they are Twi's  friends, but from the looks of things she has no trouble interacting on a personal basis. Remember also that she is a reining (I did it for the pun of it) monarch, and as such has to present an impartial face to the public, which can come off as shallow to those who don't know her personally.

3. Run Resize Enable

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: November 17, 2011, 05:08:07 pm »

Not to mention that unless they were members of the Outer Party, they wouldn't care. Inner Party don't get spied on (they are the people doing the spying), and they merely have to keep up with the power struggles. They'd use the ponies and then forget about them.
As far as I remember, that's not quite true. Inner Party gets spied on all the time, too. Children get trained to spy on absolutely everyone, especially their relatives. Not all spies are from the Inner Party and basically everyone spies on basically everyone else.

Inner Party get the option of turning off the camera.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: November 17, 2011, 05:09:04 pm »

As I recall the accepted earth pony magic is essentially that they have much greater endurance and physical strength. They also appear to be much more active in terms of expansionism, if Appleloosa is any indicator.

Also, at least one of them can predict the future.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: November 17, 2011, 05:12:14 pm »

Pinkie is usually not considered a good indicator of earth ponies. Of course, none of the mane 6 should really be used as an indicator of skill since they all seem to be rather superior to the average.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: November 17, 2011, 05:13:16 pm »

Not to mention that unless they were members of the Outer Party, they wouldn't care. Inner Party don't get spied on (they are the people doing the spying), and they merely have to keep up with the power struggles. They'd use the ponies and then forget about them.
As far as I remember, that's not quite true. Inner Party gets spied on all the time, too. Children get trained to spy on absolutely everyone, especially their relatives. Not all spies are from the Inner Party and basically everyone spies on basically everyone else.

Inner Party get the option of turning off the camera.
Oh yeah, I remember. But of course the camera in ones own house isn't the only way to spy on someone. And while the Inner Party has the option to turn off the camera, doing so repeatedly or for long periods of time would still be rather suspicious.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: November 17, 2011, 05:15:26 pm »

Re: flight unicorn -- I was thinking more along the lines of the two spells Twilight used in the Sonic Rainboom episode (Cloudwalk and Bound Wings, I guess).
Also included would be Levitation, Slow Fall, Fortify Acrobatics, that sort of thing.
They could also be the one creating Pinkie Pie's various ridiculous flying contraptions.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: November 17, 2011, 05:16:55 pm »

Re: flight unicorn -- I was thinking more along the lines of the two spells Twilight used in the Sonic Rainboom episode (Cloudwalk and Bound Wings, I guess).
Also included would be Levitation, Slow Fall, Fortify Acrobatics, that sort of thing.
They could also be the one creating Pinkie Pie's various ridiculous flying contraptions.
Been playing Skyrim or Morrowind recently? ;)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 153