Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 227111 times)

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #750 on: February 17, 2012, 01:17:37 pm »

6th Obsidian, 255
We'll I got to share a drink with Granite. The foal seems to a few problems with his self esteem. I tried to help but I'm not sure if I really left an impression. I'm not even sure if he'll remember that we even talked.

12th Obsidian, 255
Well, I’m writing from atop the walls right now. It’s currently midnight and it’s raining. Some Caravan come to town today and one of the merchants told Virtue thieves were out there. so here I am getting drenched in the rain.

17th Obsidian, 255
Today was interesting. Turns out there were thieves out there. When will these guys learn that regardless of how stealthy they think they are they're going to get killed the moment they come here. I was doing a little target practice on one of the things when partisan decided to just charge in and bash the things head in with his crossbow. Then Halberd, Fuscina, Glaive and Falcata came along and gang banged the would-be thief into the ground.
Anyway after that I decided to go over to the Depot and spend about 200 bits on booze.  I made sure to get the strongest stuff they had. I also bought some crossbow bolts for personal defense. They’ve let me walk around with my crossbow when I’m off duty but they haven’t actually allowed me to have any bolts. so this should help. 

25th Granite, 256
loom and redwood got married yesterday. I went over to the celebration and from what I can remember they made the mistake of serving free booze. I made sure I wasn’t the first pony to start drinking, heavily. After that my memory gets a bit fuzzy. All I know is that I woke up a few yards from the unfinished church. I’m pretty lucky that Grapple didn’t find me, if I had to talk to him with a headache and the sun burning my eyes, I would probably do something I’d regret.

1st Felsite, 256
I was just told that I get my own house! I finally don’t haft to use the public housing anymore. This is good news but this news has two down sides. one being that I’m gonna haft to move my stuff to my new home for the next couple days and the second being that Grapple’s church will start to get built faster. Regardless I should probably celebrate tonight, so I’m probably gonna go Drink one of those barrels of booze I bought a few moths back.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 04:35:23 pm by jaxler »
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: February 17, 2012, 02:15:44 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 11:16:29 pm by Omicega »

thetyler101

• Bay Watcher
  • [SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: February 17, 2012, 05:59:06 pm »

Grapple had been putting this off for too long now.
Before him stood the caravan that had set up shop in town.  To the average observer it looked like a quite on the level.  Just a few merchants peddling there wares and earning a living under the watchful gaze of there protectors. Grapple knew better though.
The signs are subtle, barely noticeable, and always impossible to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt. You would think to look for price gouging, but that's not the real problem.  Take notice of the unicorn buying stone crafts from Dawnpricks masons. He gives a fair price and never pushes the seller hard, but he only buys the works with no writing on them.  Chisel a couple of Dwarf runes on them and the price doubles in the next town.  Same goes of anything made of wood.  Some random swirly shapes and circles and bam, Elven artifact.  Zigzags and paint, mystery of the zebra lands.  Sticks and chicken feathers, buffalo totem.  Calling anything human made, at least 70 more coins.  Don't even get me started on gnome mechanisms and cave-pony gems.  Most ponies never leave there home town let alone the kingdom, so no-pony is the wiser.

If only that were the worse thing.  The guilds dirties little secret was the plain fact the line between caravan and bandits usually depends on how far the nearest settlement is. No-pony ever asks how the caravans can afford such heavily armed guards when the army can barely afford leather armor for there troops, or how there seemed to be an endless supply of veteran warriors they can draw on for guards. Hell, he can still see the zebra branding on that lime tree! Identical to the one they got from the last zebra caravan.  The caravan that insisted they only sell one of the two trees they had with them. That jewelry there trying to sell looks familiar as well.

This wasn't the reason he was reluctant to approach the caravan however.  He knew the rules to that game, and what happens when you break them. No, what he was worried about was the guard they brought with them.  There second guard, the big earth pony lasher.  The earth pony lasher that was not an earth pony, but a  keshi.  A keshi he once called his droog.  He would recognize him and whatever happens after that...

He needed to find Stiletto, or one of her friends.
That caravan has what he needs for his church, and he can't get it on his own.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 06:02:26 pm by thetyler101 »

Give that bitch some stone crafts, bitches love stone crafts.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: February 17, 2012, 06:36:15 pm »

After the battle with the thieves in which neither Stiletto or Glyph had managed to get a single blow in, Stiletto pulled Glyph aside into a grove of trees as the others left. That was just over two hours ago, now their armor lay neatly stacked by a tree. Their weapons lay crossed over against the other side of the tree. Just down the way Stiletto sleeps by a stream with Glyph nestled tightly under her wing. The two wake up as the rain begins to fall on them.

“We should get back, or we may catch cold.”
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: February 17, 2012, 06:44:29 pm »

I smile, pressing closer to Stiletto "I-I guess... I like it here though." I blush a bit, looking up at her "I... wasn't expecting this... I didn't think..."
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 06:46:09 pm by JaxtalMK2 »
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: February 17, 2012, 06:50:32 pm »

"I know, can you believe we missed all the action. You must help me learn to move like you do Glyph. Fast and without hesitation. You probably could have gotten your first kill have you not stayed back with me."

Stiletto stretches her wings out and stands slowly
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: February 17, 2012, 06:57:15 pm »

I stand myself, stretching out and admiring Stiletto's wings. "Maybe... even if I had, I probably wouldn't have done anything. I would prefer to stick with you, at least then I might learn something."
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: February 17, 2012, 07:57:38 pm »

"I have promised to teach you all I can mein kleiner Lehrling. Firstly do not short your abilities."

Stiletto trots over to her armor and starts to put it back on.

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: February 17, 2012, 08:03:35 pm »

"klieiner Lehrling? I-I suppose I can try better... but do you really think I have skill?" I walk over and begin to strap my armour on as well.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: February 17, 2012, 08:25:30 pm »

"Of course you do Glyph, speed is very important on the battle field."

Stiletto gets her last boot on and magically puts helmet on. As she lifts her axe to harness it, Stiletto looks down at Glyphs weapon

"You should use a spear Glyph."

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: February 17, 2012, 08:31:37 pm »

"I've tried that before, but it's even harder to use." I heft my axe and sling it onto my back. "I don't have the benefit of magic..."

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: February 17, 2012, 08:39:44 pm »

"Has no one ever shown you how to short half? You have much more control, not as much as a saber but a good amount."

Stiletto began to trot briskly back to the village wall

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: February 17, 2012, 08:45:39 pm »

I follow behind Stiletto, thinking about what she said. "Are you sure? I don't know... I've kinda gotten used to my axe. I may not be able to use it too well right now, but I've learned to move with it's weight now..."

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: February 17, 2012, 08:54:23 pm »

"How many strikes does it take you to rend a limb? I bet you puncture two lungs in half the time."

Stiletto trots around the traps to the drawbridge

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: February 17, 2012, 08:58:18 pm »

"Maybe, but it doesn't matter how good the strikes are," I say as i hop between the traps, "If I can't move well, or hit well. Maybe it takes more work with an axe, but at least I don't trip myself."
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 239