Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 227103 times)

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #1830 on: March 15, 2012, 09:40:27 pm »

"Do you realize that this crossbow can misfire if I so much as wave it around a certain way or hit it in the right spot? And as for the bolt in my knee..."

Jaxler sat down and pulled out the bolt without showing any sign of pain

"I have a really high pain tolerance. NOW tell me, why the hell did you steal my crossbow?"
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: March 15, 2012, 09:49:24 pm »

"Well you see Jaxler, I am a kleptomaniac, and I'm bored as hell, AND I had some paints lying around, soooo I decided to give your crossbow a makeover- OH MY GOD WHAT DID I JUST SAY?!"

Feeling my masculinity falling at a disturbing rate, I quickly reply with, "I was going to paint it bright pink and put flowers over it and crap, but most importantly I was going to carve 'I love alicorns' into the side of it... with this knife!"

I then flash out a knife and almost cut myself with it.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: March 15, 2012, 09:54:48 pm »

Jaxler was having a hard time processing what Granite just did/said but after an awkward silence he managed to speak

"First off, if your implying that you plan to use that knife on me then go ahead and try. Secondly, if you had done ANYTHING to deface this crossbow then you wouldn't have the upper portion of you head anymore. And thirdly why the hell didn't you tell anyone that you have kleptomania?"
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 10:00:42 pm by jaxler »

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: March 15, 2012, 10:05:25 pm »

"I spent enough time with my butcher of a father to know what knifes do what, this little dirk can't even break your skin, it was simply used to carve wood..." I then casually throw the blade over my shoulder.

"Besides Jaxler, you're my bucking hero! I would never try to cause you harm, but I will cause you a serious headache from time to time. Am I still your little drinking buddy?"

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: March 15, 2012, 10:13:11 pm »

"That depends... do yo know how much this crossbow means to me? And why the hell haven't you told anyone that you have kleptomania?"

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: March 15, 2012, 10:20:08 pm »

"Alright Jaxler, is this the first honest time you've seen me commit theft? I do crap like this all the time. And no, I have know idea how much the weapon means to you, you are what I like to call a closed book. I'm game for a story if you ask me..."

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: March 15, 2012, 10:27:00 pm »

"Not all thieves have kleptomania..." after a few seconds of awkward silence Jaxler continues "Do you really want to know why this crossbow means so much to me?"

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: March 15, 2012, 10:29:17 pm »

"Yes Jaxler, I really want to hear your stories! Every.single.one!"

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: March 15, 2012, 11:30:31 pm »

“When I was a foal I was very, very, poor and the only living family I had was my crippled Grandfather.  We were so poor that we couldn’t even afford our own house and had to live in abandoned buildings. I spent every day doing whatever I needed to survive and One day I was walking about the streets looking for ponies to pick pocket when I saw it. Right there in the bower’s workshop mounted to the window was my crossbow.  Now back then this crossbow was amazing, it was pure masterwork, some might argue that it was possibly above masterwork. It was encrusted with opals and all the metal parts were platinum, it was amazing. Now, to an impoverished foal such an astonishing item would blow one’s mind, and it did but It’s not like I could ever dream of having enough money to buy such an amazing weapon. So, Years went by and the owner of the store never sold my crossbow, and I of course wasn’t dumb enough to steal from an arms dealer.  But one day long after I had grown up and became a stallion…”

Jaxler broke eye contact with Granite and put his hoof on his scar.

“Things erm… happened and I woke in the street. Everything was… burning and I had a hole in my side. I laid on the ground watching my world burn to the ground as I die. But as I was just about to give up and keel I remembered that you can burn wounds shut. I Managed to somehow sear myself shut, and then I blacked out. When I woke up I honestly thought I had died and gone to hell and I still think that I might have. I had spent my entire life in that town and all I could see was ashes.  At that point I got up and started staggering through the streets when I stumbled upon what used to be the the bower’s workshop. When I looked at the place I noticed something. Still mounted to the shattered window was my crossbow completely unharmed.  I walked over and took it down and stared at it for what seemed be an eternity. Then after staring at it I carved the words “19th of opal, 228” which was the date. after that I…”

He cuts himself off before he continued.

“I guess, years of misuse abuse and overuse have taken its toll on my crossbow and now it's in disrepair and hardly even works."

« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 11:36:57 pm by jaxler »

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: March 15, 2012, 11:46:07 pm »

I sit there wide eyed, taking in every detail of his story. "That's horrible... I'm sorry for bringing up bad memories..."

I sit there in silence for awhile, then I get an idea...

"Don't worry Jaxler! I promise when I become a smith I will rebuild your crossbow into a well-oiled killing machine! Plastered in gold! Custom built with blades attached to eighty-five percent of it! It will be the coolest crossbow ever! Perfect for the coolest pegasus ever! And then we'll kill the freaks that stole your kidney!"

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: March 15, 2012, 11:53:17 pm »

Jaxler jut gazed at his scar.

"thanks..."

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: March 15, 2012, 11:54:54 pm »

"Yeah... well I guess I'll just be leaving then... goodbye."

I try to make a break for it while he's distracted.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: March 16, 2012, 12:00:57 am »

Jaxler noticed that Granite was about to run off.

"Ya know, I'm gonna need some help getting over to the hospital, and if you assist me I could forget about this whole event."
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 12:04:01 am by jaxler »

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: March 16, 2012, 08:26:23 am »

"Oh yeah, I forgot I shot you in the leg with a crossbow! Alright, how are we going to do this? Should I drag you there or maybe you rest your bad leg on my back or something... maybe I can find you a crutch or a cane, you know I think the length of the crossbow would be long enough for a walking stick, but we would have to cut off the bow parts, how's that sound Jaxler? Yeah, this isn't going to work out very well... got any ideas?"

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: March 16, 2012, 02:08:30 pm »

"You could knock a branch off a tree and use that as a walking stick. I'd fly over to the hospital but I Kinda sprained both my wings..."

Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 239