Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 227100 times)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #2880 on: April 27, 2012, 07:55:33 pm »

"It's a pleasant night."
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: April 27, 2012, 08:06:18 pm »

Granite takes a moment to examine his surroundings. It is a pleasant night. The stars above are easily visible, and there's this calm air given off by the nearby trees. He looks up and sees a shooting star. "Friesden look, it's a shooting star! I have never seen such a mystical display of such irony in my entire life! Isn't it beautiful?" Granite says, completely faking appreciation in his voice.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: April 27, 2012, 08:10:18 pm »

"It is indeed beautiful. Why are you so tense?"
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: April 27, 2012, 08:17:30 pm »

"Eh, probably because of the upcoming rainbow war. Friggin' war, why did we have to kill those traders anyway? Oh, I meant to ask you this earlier, um... how goes the whole bone-carving thing?" Granite asks, a hint of curiosity brightens in his eyes.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: April 27, 2012, 08:35:55 pm »

Friesden's eyes darken. "I'd rather not talk about it at the moment."

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: April 27, 2012, 08:45:25 pm »

"That bad, huh? I can take it you're not to keen on the killing of animals?" Granite takes a quick glance at Friesden's cutie mark. "Ivory tusks? You know that can mean something completely unrelated to bone-carving right? Like what if it relates to the traits of an elephant? An indomitable being capable of inflicting massive amounts of horrors but yet chooses not to, and also never forgets and never forgives?" Granite says with a little laugh. "But anyway, did Flux tell you about his crucible story?"

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: April 27, 2012, 08:47:13 pm »

"Yes. He did. Like I said, I'd rather not talk about it."

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: April 27, 2012, 09:25:09 pm »

"Fine, sorry for pressing so much. And hey, at least you have a cutie mark..." Granite says.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: April 27, 2012, 09:26:35 pm »

"Thank you."

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: April 27, 2012, 09:33:37 pm »

"Your welcome... I think..." replies Granite. "Um, do you want to go see if the line died down at the dinning hall?"

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: April 27, 2012, 09:44:05 pm »

"Yes, I think we should. Let's go."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: April 27, 2012, 09:47:12 pm »

and

With a slight hint of trepidation, Friesden walks up to Virtue’s door, and laying the grate down for one second, knocks on the door. ’Please be there, please be there...’

Virtue’s attention is drawn to the knocking, and she gets up to go investigate who it was.  She opens the door, fearing for a moment it would be Indigo or somepony else she wasn’t in a hurry to see, but is relieved to see only Friesden standing there.  “Oh, Friesden, hello.  Come in.”  She leads the young mare inside and continues, “How can I help you?”

Friesden puts the grate in front of Virtue, and trying to recall the words she’d practiced, says “I...I want to....I want to trade...This grate...For a sword. Please?”

“Trade it?  For a sword?”  She ponders the question for a moment.  “What do you need a sword for?”

“I-I-I-I,” Friesden stammers, caught offguard. “I...I’ve been training with dad. And...I...I want to help protect Dawnpick,” she goes on, trying to compensate for her previous stammering. “I...I thought a real...A real sword could...Could help.”

Virtue silently thinks about the request.  They may well need all the help they could get, but somehow... she didn’t picture gentle little Friesden as much of a soldier.  But if she had been training with Fauchard, maybe she had learned a thing or two.  “I see...”  She takes a look at the grate again.  “Are you sure that’s what you want to do?  I mean, there’s a lot of other things you could trade that for.”

Friesden swallows. “Y-y-yes. I’m sure. I...I don’t need much anyway.”

She raises a hoof to her chin and nods thoughtfully.  Perhaps she should speak with Fauchard about this later.  Just in case.  For now though, it wouldn’t hurt to at least look at it.  “Well, let’s have a look at it.”  She examines the grate and tries her best to appraise it.  Always something tricky to do for items like this.  Five thousand bits was probably a bit optimistic, but she didn’t mind parting with a bit more than that considering they were sitting on so much in the treasury with little else to do with it.  “I... think this is worth a nice sword at least.  It is pretty special...”

“R-r-r-really?” Friesden asks incredulously. “I...Um...Thank you, miss Virtue.”

Virtue gives her a small genuine smile.  “You’re welcome.  I don’t know if Castiron has ever forged a sword before, but I’ll go speak with him in a little bit to ask him about it.  I’m sure he can produce something nice for you.”

“T-t-t-thank you, miss Virtue! I won’t disappoint you!” Friesden says.

“I know you won’t,” she responds, keeping the smile on her face.  “Actually, I think I might go talk to Castiron about the sword now, if you’d like to come along?”

“Yes, of course miss Virtue!” Friesden says. I’m going to see another sword being forged! This is the best day ever!

Virtue stands and leads Friesden along to the forges where she hoped she’d find Castiron.  The grate was worth a fair bit, but she was going to see about having Castiron make the best sword he could.  It wasn’t like they had a whole lot else to do with the steel.  She just worried about Friesden herself.  If she was serious about joining the militia, they could use her help, but she just didn’t feel quite right about it all.  She would go find Fauchard later and talk to him about it.  Maybe he’d be able to put her mind at ease.

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: April 27, 2012, 10:13:36 pm »

"Yes, I think we should. Let's go."

"Cool." The two head over to the dinning hall and to Granite's astonishment, the line had actually vanished, and there were available tables! What luck! "Wow we lucked out." Granite said. "So where should we sit exactly? That table next to the engravement of Longshot getting fired, or next to the engravement of Jaxler punching Stiletto in the face?" Granite asks, still attempting comedy.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: April 27, 2012, 10:22:58 pm »

"Whichever you prefer, Granite."

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: April 27, 2012, 10:30:41 pm »

"Alright, Jaxler punching Stiletto it is..." Granite sighs. "Friesden can you laugh?" He asks.
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 239