Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 714

Author Topic: American Election Megathread - It's Over  (Read 720708 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread
« Reply #1695 on: February 09, 2012, 06:17:50 pm »

I'd be totally onboard with the PDRGC. Then we can start a decades-long simmering tension with HolyPalmettoLand over the border regions. And Charleston. I vote that we annex Charleston and a thin corridor of land to allow access to it. This is totally a good idea and in no way parallels a certain Baltic city starting with a D.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: February 09, 2012, 06:39:31 pm »

I'd be totally onboard with the PDRGC. Then we can start a decades-long simmering tension with HolyPalmettoLand over the border regions. And Charleston. I vote that we annex Charleston and a thin corridor of land to allow access to it. This is totally a good idea and in no way parallels a certain Baltic city starting with a D.

Wait a second, if this nation breaks apart you people in the more southerly directions are gonna be killing each other instead of coming after us in the border states?  Why didn't you tell us sooner?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: February 09, 2012, 06:45:59 pm »

Canada would totally take us in if the US died.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: February 09, 2012, 06:53:01 pm »

If the US died Quebec would take advantage of the situation to finally break free of Canadian control. And then we are doomed, for the rage of the freed Quebecers would surely burn all of humanity to ash.

Remember our deal, Canada. Don't let them ever get out from under your thumb. The fate of our species depends upon it.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: February 09, 2012, 06:53:57 pm »

Remember our deal, Canada. Don't let them ever get out from under your thumb. The fate of our species depends upon it.
You are tempting me to stage a coup.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: February 09, 2012, 07:04:38 pm »

Well if the remnants of the US didn't need to worry about the noisy people in the south coming after them I think we could take care of Quebec.  We'd just team up with the former Canadians to surround them on all sides and give them the silent treatment.  No way out of the silent treatment once you are surrounded.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: February 09, 2012, 07:24:16 pm »

I'd like to think that California would get off somewhat well if the nation split up. Prop 8 shenanigans aside, we don't have that many conservative crazies, and we've got two strong liberal influences in San Francisco and Los Angeles. Not to mention the vast amounts of farmland we've got.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: February 09, 2012, 07:44:38 pm »

Where's your water going to come from?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: February 09, 2012, 07:46:06 pm »

Some of it comes from the mountains...though with these droughts we may have to annex Nevada or something :P

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: February 09, 2012, 07:46:35 pm »

I'd like to think that California would get off somewhat well if the nation split up. Prop 8 shenanigans aside, we don't have that many conservative crazies, and we've got two strong liberal influences in San Francisco and Los Angeles. Not to mention the vast amounts of farmland we've got.

And then Colorado dams the Colorado River, and everyone in southern California has to start wearing stillsuits from Dune.

EDIT: Ninja'd by dhokarena.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: February 09, 2012, 07:51:13 pm »

Some of it comes from the mountains...though with these droughts we may have to annex Nevada or something :P

Sweet, that's part of the plot of my favorite fallout game!
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: February 09, 2012, 07:55:39 pm »

I'm sure that Nevada wouldn't mind. Besides, according to Wikipedia California grows something like a third of the country's food supply. If Colorado threatened to cut off our water, we'd cut off food.

Even if we did lose that water however, we still have lots of sources like the San Joaquin Delta and the previously stated mountain ranges. They'd just have to be rationed.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #1707 on: February 09, 2012, 08:07:14 pm »

To be honest, if the US goes down, the rest of the world's not far behind. Especially Canada.

And if Canada doesn't go down, Oregon and Washington would probably join them, to be honest.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: February 09, 2012, 08:13:36 pm »

To be honest, if the US goes down, the rest of the world's not far behind. Especially Canada.

And if Canada doesn't go down, Oregon and Washington would probably join them, to be honest.

You know, the entire world does not actually revolve around the United States. There are plenty of heavily consumerist countries out there to keep those Chinese factories going, and the whole world turning.

If North America just sank into the sea one day, the world would in fact keep going, even if it would temporarily wreak havoc with the economy.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: February 09, 2012, 08:20:06 pm »

And the tsunami that results from the sinking of a continent would do absolutely nothing to all the nations along the Atlantic and Pacific oceans. Nothing whatsoever.

:P
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 714