Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 427 428 [429] 430 431 ... 714

Author Topic: American Election Megathread - It's Over  (Read 721089 times)

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread
« Reply #6420 on: October 11, 2012, 04:31:20 pm »

How do we determine a winner? Is it a fight to the death?
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6421 on: October 11, 2012, 04:31:35 pm »

Could the combatants throw their own teeth if they get knocked out of the person's mouth during the fight?

I think... if the weapon was originally a part of their body then it is permissable. We just have to give them that.

Because I can see Obama driving a knee into Romney's back while choking him with a tie?

As enjoyable as that is, it would be forbidden.

How do we determine a winner? Is it a fight to the death?

It is a battle until either party is completely unable to fight any more. If death is the only way to make that happen, so be it.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 04:33:39 pm by Owlbread »

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #6422 on: October 11, 2012, 04:32:31 pm »

Remember that Obama is a smoker and may not have the same endurance that Romney will have after years of clean decaf mormon living.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6423 on: October 11, 2012, 04:33:10 pm »

Remember that Obama is a smoker and may not have the same endurance that Romney will have after years of clean decaf mormon living.

Exactly. And Romney certainly doesn't look 65.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6424 on: October 11, 2012, 04:35:47 pm »

If I was ever in a debate for a national office I would start with this speech:

"Hello to everyone in the audience.  I know I am supposed to start by talking about my vision but unfortunately I am forced to talk about something else instead.  Tonight my opponent is going to lie a lot.  I know this because he is a member of a political party that has a consistent record of egregiously lying in order to seek control of this country.  Bush lied and said his tax cut's wouldn't primarily benefit the rich and wouldn't create a deficit.  Romney lied and said he had a deficit neutral tax reform that wouldn't be regressive.  My opponent has joined a party who's agenda is based on lying.  I will not be able to catch all these lies, maybe not even most of them.  A lie often takes fewer words to say then to expose.  So I ask that you listen carefully tonight, maybe write some stuff down and check what both of us say against cold hard facts before you make a judgement.  I probably will make some mistakes tonight but I promise to apologize and own up to them tomorrow.  And if by some chance my opponent defies my expectations and proves that he is an honest man then I will applaud him tomorrow because it would be a wonderful step in the right direction for our democracy.  Sadly I do not expect that.  I expect this will be a debate between lies and truth and hope to convince you that I am indeed truthful.  Thank you very much for your time."

... and that's why I'd never be a good politician!
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #6425 on: October 11, 2012, 04:38:22 pm »

Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6426 on: October 11, 2012, 04:41:45 pm »

Who The Hell Is Joe Biden is a living improbability engine. Anything could happen. He could win spectacularly. He could fail epically. Or he could just be boring and possibly senile. These are the many enigmas of The Biden!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6427 on: October 11, 2012, 04:42:52 pm »

Holy crap Romney is 65.

I thought he was 50! AT MOST!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6428 on: October 11, 2012, 04:43:27 pm »

He must have a good makeup artist. It certainly isn't as if he can't afford it.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #6429 on: October 11, 2012, 04:48:22 pm »

I wouldn't rule out plastic surgery, either?  The guy is not ignorant to the usefulness of superficiality.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6430 on: October 11, 2012, 04:49:38 pm »

I don't know. Plastic surgery has gotten better, but I don't think its really something a politician would benefit from, especially if it ever went public.
No Gods, No Masters.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6431 on: October 11, 2012, 04:51:08 pm »

A substantial sum of money applied directly to the forehead in large-denomination bills does wonder's for one's appearance, old chap.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6432 on: October 11, 2012, 06:08:41 pm »

None of you get it. The problem with American Politics isn't that Romney is a Liar. Obama is ASSINATING people. Just look at the Wikileaks Boeing/Airbus documents for more crazy Obama stuff.
I'm not trying to say Romney is better, with his "let's support Israel in nuking Iran stance, or his desire to sell Americans like commodities. No, they are both garbage.
The real problem with American politics isn't either of them. It's the political parties.

I'm not a democrat, even though I voted for one once.
I'm not a Republican, even though I favor more states rights and smaller government.
I'm an American. A citizen of the country occupying a large central portion of a contenent found in the Northwestern Hemisphere of the planet Earth. As such, the mandate to be ruled by a government at all is partially given by me, and the American Government lost that Mandate. The problem is there is nothing worth replacing it with, so a theoretical power vaccuum exists. And the insane are the only ones who are capable of creating enough of a plurity to get elected, because everyone is afraid to look weak through compremise, in part due to the theocratic domination of said country. And yes, it's Democrat AND republican theocratic domination. The religion doesn't matter. It never mattered.

My fellow Americans, we are the westernized Iran. That is what is wrong with our country. And nothing you can do can change that, unless we all work together to do something.

And so, my little puny arms push against the tidal forces of Apathy, and no movement is made. Others try the same thing. Never in unison. Someday Nemo will come and free us all. Until then, we are bound for the cannery.

Stubbs/Scamps 2012!!!
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6433 on: October 11, 2012, 06:11:48 pm »

I know, everyone can move to Canada except for the politicians!

Bring nukes!

I swear it's not that cold!
My wooden badge was delicious.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6434 on: October 11, 2012, 06:17:42 pm »

I'll probably be voting Green. My state is solid republican (lowest support of Obama in the nation, iirc), so if I'm going to throw away my vote no matter what box I check, I might as well throw it at the party I'm closest with.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 427 428 [429] 430 431 ... 714