Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 428 429 [430] 431 432 ... 714

Author Topic: American Election Megathread - It's Over  (Read 720404 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread
« Reply #6435 on: October 11, 2012, 06:23:43 pm »

Obama is ASSINATING people.

This amuses me far more than it should.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6436 on: October 11, 2012, 07:58:48 pm »

He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6437 on: October 11, 2012, 08:08:49 pm »

Well, actually, thanks to the wonders of global warming...

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6438 on: October 11, 2012, 08:15:00 pm »

So, the Vice Presidential debate is on...is anyone actually watching it?  I'm going to skip it, myself.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6439 on: October 11, 2012, 08:18:07 pm »

So, the Vice Presidential debate is on...is anyone actually watching it?  I'm going to skip it, myself.

I would hope so.  I love that the Republican "math guy" hasn't said a damn thing about math this whole time except trying to psychically channel how big a pussy every nameless badguy in the world must think Obama is.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6440 on: October 11, 2012, 08:20:06 pm »

The media will probably spin it as a Ryan victory, anyway.  Hell, Obama lost the first debate by just not being exciting, but the way the media treated it you would have thought he ripped Lehrer's heart out and ate it on live television.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6441 on: October 11, 2012, 08:25:52 pm »

Still at work. :(

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6442 on: October 11, 2012, 08:40:49 pm »

Damn, I'm reading through some of the comments and tweets and apparently Biden's kicking Ryan's ass, verbally.  I think MSH needs to see Biden at his best.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6443 on: October 11, 2012, 09:17:03 pm »

The media will probably spin it as a Ryan victory, anyway.  Hell, Obama lost the first debate by just not being exciting, but the way the media treated it you would have thought he ripped Lehrer's heart out and ate it on live television.

That would've made for some good TV. I'd watch politicians recreating Aztec rituals* any day.

* Yes, I know that eating the heart wasn't part of any of the Aztec rituals that involved cutting out the sacrificial person's heart.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #6444 on: October 11, 2012, 09:38:04 pm »

Biden bent him over, poor kid.

Fox is spinning it as a colossal Ryan victory, and MSNBC is praising Joe with veritable verbal masterbation. I hate our media.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6445 on: October 11, 2012, 09:40:00 pm »

I really liked some Biden moments.  And I really liked the way he was perfectly willing to cut that punk ass bitch off in mid sentence and call him a liar.  I think that Biden kicked his ass up and down the stage when it came to foreign policy.  I'm less drunk then last time but that's not saying much. Ryan is so used to being able to peddle his bullshit to a bunch of credulous journalists who think the sun shines out his goddamn ass.  Good to see somebody stand up to that satan spawn.  When the final battle between heaven and hell comes Biden is so gonna lead a fucking cavalry charge into the flank of the deamonspawn that Ryan is leading.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6446 on: October 11, 2012, 09:41:43 pm »

How about the survey of people instead?  Shows Biden winning 65-35 through first hour.

I suppose Fox is bitching about how Biden was "rude" by interrupting Ryan, even though that was all Romney did to the fucking President of the United States in the first debate.  Can anyone say "double standard"?

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6447 on: October 11, 2012, 09:42:33 pm »

Every word out of Bidens mouth was a curbstomp.

I just wish he had made it even more glaringly obvious how little information Rayan was giving out. Several times during the debate I found myself saying one word questions, hoping Biden would somehow pick up on them and say them.

"How?"
"When"
"What loopholes?"

I'm still unsure what Ryan says his policies are since he didn't say any sort of policies I understood, just that they were going to be better than Bidens. At least I know what Bidens policies are, dude. I try to be bipartisan but it seems like the whole republican party has turned into groaning zombies pleasuring themselves to Rand novels.

*sigh*

Then again, I've never paid taxes. Then again, I'm middle class, so I'd still probably be voting for Obama. >:I
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6448 on: October 11, 2012, 09:43:47 pm »

How about the survey of people instead?  Shows Biden winning 65-35 through first hour.

I suppose Fox is bitching about how Biden was "rude" by interrupting Ryan, even though that was all Romney did to the fucking President of the United States in the first debate.  Can anyone say "double standard"?
It's FOX.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6449 on: October 11, 2012, 09:53:41 pm »

I thought Joe started out kind of weak and on the defense, but as it went on it became more obvious that Paul Ryan didn't actually have any real answers and was just throwing numbers and blame around. Granted, Biden threw some numbers around too and they sounded only slightly less silly than Ryan's but it was really the end that drew it up for me. "Candidates, why you gotta be so mean?" They both dodged the real question, but Ryan just went off on a complete segue and just started spouting every talking point he hadn't gotten to yet. Although I thought Joe clearly checking off an item on his list as he said "47%" was a bit overt.
Pages: 1 ... 428 429 [430] 431 432 ... 714