Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 476 477 [478] 479 480 ... 714

Author Topic: American Election Megathread - It's Over  (Read 720984 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread
« Reply #7155 on: October 24, 2012, 02:35:01 pm »

Apparently Pakistan likes Romney. And judging from the last debate, Romney wants to like Pakistan. Romney also likes outsourcing... I think we know what to do...
Stage a coup and get Mitt Romney appointed President of Pakistan?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7156 on: October 24, 2012, 02:36:52 pm »

Apparently Pakistan likes Romney. And judging from the last debate, Romney wants to like Pakistan. Romney also likes outsourcing... I think we know what to do...

Yes!

That's exactly the rhetoric the Democrats need for a landslide victory. Imagine what they could say if Romney had anything to do with the Middle East! All the Republicans would abandon him, since he'd be a terrorist then.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #7157 on: October 24, 2012, 02:38:37 pm »

OF COURSE! We could solve two stones with one bird! Pakistan gets crazy enough that India finally kicks their ass, and we get rid of Romney!
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7158 on: October 24, 2012, 02:56:34 pm »

We don't want India v Pakistan though because I think they both have nukes?

Countries with nukes that are losing a war are very, very unsafe to be anywhere nearby, since they're far more likely to use them.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #7159 on: October 24, 2012, 03:04:56 pm »

If Romeny wins I hope he at least starts his term right, by giving a two hour long inaugural speech in the rain
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7160 on: October 24, 2012, 03:07:40 pm »

We don't want India v Pakistan though because I think they both have nukes?

Countries with nukes that are losing a war are very, very unsafe to be anywhere nearby, since they're far more likely to use them.
I've heard speculation that the CIA has heavily infiltrated Pakistan's nuclear capabilities for this very reason. Can't launch if half the facility are spies.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7161 on: October 24, 2012, 03:10:47 pm »

And the other half is a bunch of engineers?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7162 on: October 24, 2012, 03:12:33 pm »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7163 on: October 24, 2012, 03:15:02 pm »

Spah sappin' mah nucleah missiles!

It's ironic that I still try to type it in a stereotypical texan accent.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7164 on: October 24, 2012, 03:34:14 pm »

Anyone remember Richard Mourdock (R-Indiana) who unseated long-term incumbent Dick Lugar in the primary?  Well, he apparently thinks that getting pregnant from rape is okay because "God intended it".

And as for the TN-Sen, story, I've known about that for awhile.  I think the official TN Democratic party stance is to vote for someone else (The Green, maybe?).

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7165 on: October 24, 2012, 03:35:44 pm »

In context, he pretty much said that the baby was a "gift from god," while the act of rape itself was still reprehensible.

Sort of like a consolation prize, I guess :P
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7166 on: October 24, 2012, 03:36:52 pm »

Well I guess the child itself isn't at fault, but I still wouldn't want to inflict it on anybody.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #7167 on: October 24, 2012, 04:02:36 pm »

Its terrible you got raped. But as compensation, now you get to look into a face almost the same as the man who did it to you every day for the rest of your life.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7168 on: October 24, 2012, 04:04:36 pm »

Anyone remember Richard Mourdock (R-Indiana) who unseated long-term incumbent Dick Lugar in the primary?  Well, he apparently thinks that getting pregnant from rape is okay because "God intended it".

And as for the TN-Sen, story, I've known about that for awhile.  I think the official TN Democratic party stance is to vote for someone else (The Green, maybe?).

Has there been one Republican this year who hasn't said some pigshit about "legitimate" or "God-intended" rape?
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #7169 on: October 24, 2012, 04:05:01 pm »

In context, he pretty much said that the baby was a "gift from god," while the act of rape itself was still reprehensible.

That is precisely what he said. In the full quote I believe that he explicitly calls the act of rape reprehensible.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 476 477 [478] 479 480 ... 714