Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 481 482 [483] 484 485 ... 714

Author Topic: American Election Megathread - It's Over  (Read 721223 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread
« Reply #7230 on: October 25, 2012, 02:11:14 am »

Are you saying that a spambot's thread with only one post has as much life as this megathread that shows so much more sentience?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7231 on: October 25, 2012, 02:17:25 am »

*considered making a snappy remark at previous post*

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7232 on: October 25, 2012, 02:19:21 am »

Are you saying that a spambot's thread with only one post has as much life as this megathread that shows so much more sentience?
Hey, don't threads themselves for the actions of their authors.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7233 on: October 25, 2012, 05:47:43 am »

When does it actually become a thread? In the authors head, while it's being written, or only when the "post thread" button is pressed? :P

I'd put it at the becoming of writing. Not sure where taking an outline of what one wanted in the first post would be.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7234 on: October 25, 2012, 08:54:13 am »

All threads have a right to post, even the locked ones.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #7235 on: October 25, 2012, 09:02:25 am »

http://www.texastribune.org/texas-politics/2012-elections/international-observers-draw-warning-ag/

Apparently, Texas law does not allow international observers to observe their elections. And that may be in violation of federal law if our membership on the OSCE is based on a ratified treaty (I have no idea if it is or not).

Edit: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/colin-powell-endorses-obama-second-term-115805725--election.html
Gulf War General and republican former secretary of defense under Bush continues to support President Obama.

double edit: http://news.yahoo.com/u-election-nears-efforts-intensify-misinform-pressure-voters-051420119.html
Conservative groups are stepping up efforts at voter intimidation in key battleground states.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 10:26:01 am by Nadaka »
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #7236 on: October 25, 2012, 10:30:38 am »

double edit: http://news.yahoo.com/u-election-nears-efforts-intensify-misinform-pressure-voters-051420119.html
Conservative groups are stepping up efforts at voter intimidation in key battleground states.

That's some scary shit. How have you not had a rash of arrests for all this voter suppression bullshit?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7237 on: October 25, 2012, 10:35:37 am »

Because the Republicans are better at it.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7238 on: October 25, 2012, 11:04:35 am »

Colin Powell endorses Obama.  o_o  Is Colin Powell a moderate or something?  It seems odd for a Republican to endorse a liberal president without some other reason besides being genuinely concerned that the Republican candidate is nuttier than a fruit cake.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7239 on: October 25, 2012, 11:11:05 am »

Wikipedia says he also endorsed Obama in 2008.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7240 on: October 25, 2012, 11:25:16 am »

Colin Powell endorses Obama.  o_o  Is Colin Powell a moderate or something?  It seems odd for a Republican to endorse a liberal president without some other reason besides being genuinely concerned that the Republican candidate is nuttier than a fruit cake.
*Le Gasp*  Someone who is willing to go against party doctrine based on sensible things?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #7241 on: October 25, 2012, 11:35:05 am »

So not even black republicans will vote for romney? I guess he really does have 0% of the black vote.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7242 on: October 25, 2012, 02:24:50 pm »

So not even black republicans will vote for romney? I guess he really does have 0% of the black vote.

Maybe Herman Cain (Hahahaaa! Baller Friday!) will still vote for Romney.

I think Colin Powell's endorsement is a good indicator that there are still some Republicans who can see beyond their party lines... and some Democrats, like that black woman from Massachusetts who did a big pro-Romney plug at the RNC.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 02:27:54 pm by SealyStar »
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7243 on: October 25, 2012, 02:58:47 pm »

Yep, Colin Powell's pretty much always been that sort of guy. I mean, you can tell he's a good guy by the sheer perfect storm of candidates he'd be, yet he doesn't want to run. I spose if stuff got bad enough, he'd be a pretty good candidate for a Republican realignment.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7244 on: October 25, 2012, 03:01:27 pm »

I would like to take this opportunity to remind everyone:

If you don't live in a swing state, you accomplish far more by voting for a third party candidate than by voting for Obama or Romney. For once, let the electoral college work in your favour, and help a third party candidate inch a wee bit closer to the point where someone might bother talking about them.

By voting for Romney or Obama, you're essentially just throwing away your vote!
Pages: 1 ... 481 482 [483] 484 485 ... 714