Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 576 577 [578] 579 580 ... 714

Author Topic: American Election Megathread - It's Over  (Read 720770 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread
« Reply #8655 on: November 07, 2012, 02:42:55 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G-Q6Z8lcL8
Damn did the guy fail at harvesting space drugs.
Yeah, but House Atreides wants to terraform Arrakis anyway.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8656 on: November 07, 2012, 02:47:55 am »

I think they've stopped vote-counting in Florida until morning anyhow.

Edit: I'm looking forward to seeing the final count of senators and representatives, the popular vote results, and finding out how many people voted for which third party candidates, if that information gets released at some point. I'll be annoyed if it doesn't. Right now it only shows up as "other" and only in particular states on most of these (rather than as a total)...
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 02:50:14 am by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8657 on: November 07, 2012, 03:02:25 am »

Yeah, I'll just update the OP in the morning, so I don't have to worry about Florida and I can have a clean picture.  Good night and good luck Americanos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G-Q6Z8lcL8
Damn did the guy fail at harvesting space drugs.
Yeah, but House Atreides wants to terraform Arrakis anyway.

And the Harkonnen ending was the best, so screw them.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Trollheiming

• Bay Watcher
  • I do. I really do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8658 on: November 07, 2012, 03:19:39 am »

Lol. Send me the avatar pic by PM. I don't visit this forum much. Usually Other Games. I'll wear it for a whole year.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8659 on: November 07, 2012, 03:26:45 am »

Lol. Send me the avatar pic by PM. I don't visit this forum much. Usually Other Games. I'll wear it for a whole year.

Hey, at least you're being a good sport about it. There are plenty of whiners around the net right now who swear up and down "Obama stole the election! BRAGLESDFSDFE!!!!!!!!"
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #8660 on: November 07, 2012, 03:28:29 am »

And the Harkonnen ending was the best, so screw them.

There used to be a good video of the mission screen that had the red pieces of the map falling into the void that I enjoyed during the 2008 cycle, but it's deleted now.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #8661 on: November 07, 2012, 03:31:39 am »

« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 03:34:18 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8662 on: November 07, 2012, 03:40:34 am »

"Wooot"?
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #8663 on: November 07, 2012, 04:04:55 am »

My manager called me in to ask a non-work-related favor.  It evolved quickly into a political discussion.  He described to me how the last four years have transformed him from a staunch republican to a libertarian.  How the Occupy movement needs to merge with the Tea Party.  I told him there are serious problems with that, given that even if the two movements can agree on problems, they have exactly opposite ideas about solutions.  He went on to describe libertarian solutions as tautological.  Also global warming is because of solar cycles and has little to do with man-made influence.  I'm proud of how tactful I was.  He deserves some credit, too, for not being the type of conservative who can't ever concede a point or agree to set another aside. 

Anyway... libertarianism in America is really frightening me.  It's steadily expanding, and it seems to me like its approach to any problem is to amplify the source of the problem until it reaches critical mass and the ensuing explosion shifts us into an alternate dimension.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8664 on: November 07, 2012, 04:09:47 am »

Also global warming is because of solar cycles and has little to do with man-made influence.
Tell him it's called summer.

Shit, just tell him it's called day and night.

Meansdarling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8665 on: November 07, 2012, 04:12:41 am »

Here is that image of Biden and Obama celebrating.

My Sister looked at this and said, "Oh, a same sex slow dance." lol

They are gazing at one another rather intently.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Agdune

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8666 on: November 07, 2012, 04:15:04 am »

Well, the last 4 years of Republican screaming, agitating and terror-stirring certainly paid off, didn't it?

I mean, I was expecting at least for it to be a near-tie, but Obama appears to have gotten a full two-thirds of the vote. So just like that, he's still president and the Republicans have exhausted god knows how much money and political capital on a complete failure of a candidate. Bet they kinda wish they hadn't tried to pin everything onto this election and build it up to be some sort of 'once-in-a-generation' deciding moment. Little bit of a backfire there, guys.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 04:17:49 am by Agdune »
I'm Mr. Cellophane

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8667 on: November 07, 2012, 04:15:10 am »

Well there goes my OTP

:P

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #8668 on: November 07, 2012, 04:17:13 am »

Anyway... libertarianism in America is really frightening me.  It's steadily expanding, and it seems to me like its approach to any problem is to amplify the source of the problem until it reaches critical mass and the ensuing explosion shifts us into an alternate dimension.
To be fair, that HAS worked before.

Well, the last 4 years of Republican screaming, agitating and terror-stirring certainly paid off, didn't it?

I mean, I was expecting at least for it to be a near-tie, but Obama appears to have gotten a full two-thirds of the vote. So just like that, he's still president and the Republicans have exhausted god knows how much money and political capital on a complete failure of a candidate. Bet they kinda wish they hadn't tried to pin everything onto this election and build it up to be some sort of 'one-in-a-generation' deciding moment.
Yep. This is it. They spent the entirety of the last 4 years complaining, and failed. Miserably. There is no "stall till Romney's in", tactic left. If economys picking up in 2016, Dems will make gains. The Reps have only now to show themselves off to america.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8669 on: November 07, 2012, 04:18:10 am »

To be fair, that HAS worked before.
Most people don't consider collateral damage to be an acceptable strategy.
Pages: 1 ... 576 577 [578] 579 580 ... 714