Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 594 595 [596] 597 598 ... 714

Author Topic: American Election Megathread - It's Over  (Read 720861 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread - It's Over
« Reply #8925 on: November 07, 2012, 04:51:23 pm »

It won't be Obama running next time though, so constantly attacking him wouldn't help hugely with the next election.  They might have to resort to acting in the country's interests.
I don't think they're going to be able to get over their hate-crush on Obama that quickly.
Ahh yes. I went to a conservative site hopeful to see some rage. I was not disappointed.

Still though, hard to demonize the many, and Obama is, coming to what the reps think of him, scot-free.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8926 on: November 07, 2012, 04:51:55 pm »

Heh...CNN has an article about Republicans wanting to move to Canada. I think they'd be in for a rude awakening. (Well, okay...it's Canada, so maybe a polite awakening) :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8927 on: November 07, 2012, 04:53:26 pm »

Canada: No longer America's hat. Now, America's life boat.

Also, Redking, your avatar isn't loading for me.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8928 on: November 07, 2012, 04:53:29 pm »

Heh...CNN has an article about Republicans wanting to move to Canada. I think they'd be in for a rude awakening. (Well, okay...it's Canada, so maybe a polite awakening) :P

Unless they go to Quebec and start to complain about "All the damn Frenchie-speak"
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8929 on: November 07, 2012, 04:54:32 pm »

Deal. The Democrats will have a fundraiser so the Republicans can all move to Nunavut at live out their rugged individualist dream on the edge of human civilization just like they've always wanted to. It's just like the Wild West, except with ice and polar bears.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8930 on: November 07, 2012, 04:55:26 pm »

Unless they go to Quebec and start to complain about "All the damn Frenchie-speak"
You mean "freedom-speak". Remember that whole kerfuffle back in Bush's day?

And yeah RedKing, your avatar is gone.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8931 on: November 07, 2012, 04:59:08 pm »

Deal. The Democrats will have a fundraiser so the Republicans can all move to Nunavut at live out their rugged individualist dream on the edge of human civilization just like they've always wanted to. It's just like the Wild West, except with ice and polar bears.
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY

Also, crap. I'll have to move Tae-goo to another host. Or maybe it's time for an avatar change.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8932 on: November 07, 2012, 05:00:53 pm »

Why not ship them to Alaska? They'd still get to call themselves "real Americans" AND get all the stuff you mentioned!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8933 on: November 07, 2012, 05:01:35 pm »

And if we're lucky, they'll secede and we can stop paying them for living there. Filthy government handout freeloaders!

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8934 on: November 07, 2012, 05:02:41 pm »

Why not ship them to Alaska? They'd still get to call themselves "real Americans" AND get all the stuff you mentioned!

Yeah why don't we just annex Peurto Rico and then the newly formed conservative nation of Alaska can secede so we'd be back to fifty states.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #8935 on: November 07, 2012, 05:03:49 pm »

Ohh god. I just realized this is republican end of days. The Anti-Christ was re-elected. time for 1000 years of Darkness. I'm serious, the good old states re-elected what is Satan in their eyes. Jesus Christ this will be fun.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8936 on: November 07, 2012, 05:05:10 pm »

Ohh god. I just realized this is republican end of days. The Anti-Christ was re-elected. time for 1000 years of Darkness. I'm serious, the good old states re-elected what is Satan in their eyes. Jesus Christ this will be fun.
There's always the end of the world to look forward to next month. Perhaps we'll have people claiming that the Mayans actually practiced Christianity and predicted the Rapture.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread
« Reply #8937 on: November 07, 2012, 05:05:31 pm »

Where did all these posts come from! I'm going to just respond to three four. I assume Trollheiming is sleeping now, since I didn't see any MODERATOR ACTIONS posted in the thread (and I read all the posts I had missed, which took... almost an hour, way more time than I should have wasted).

You disagree that the debt is $16 trillion and there's a breaking point somewhere when the interest keeps mounting? That's insightful. Do continue.

The US has been borrowing at negative real interest rates since 2010. That means they're effectively gaining money, not losing money, from interest on their debt, as a result of the interest rates being below inflation. There is no reason not to continue borrowing in order to rebuild the economy, and use increased tax revenues from the rebuilt economy to pay it off later.

Free education destroys the value of the product, but not the costs.

... So you want people to keep their value?

Is... is there even an opposing side to fiscal conservatism? I can't imagine somebody who would want to willingly increase the deficit spending.

Yes, but politicians have been too scared to say it because current propaganda has been "teaching" people that deficits are "a threat to your children."
For the counter-argument, see: http://www.governmentisgood.com/articles.php?aid=30&print=1

For me, I have a nice warm fuzzy feeling that citizens of the US appear to be moving away from the right wing "greed is good" thinking of the past.
Fox's election coverage people last night more or less went "We spent all this money on the election and what did we get? Nothing! Damnit!" One of their panelists (some of whom were democrats, and some of whom were republicans), I think, commented on how much good they could have done if it had been spent rebuilding New Jersey instead of wasting it on ads and the like.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8938 on: November 07, 2012, 05:07:23 pm »

Also, we finally have an answer to an important question: Is Nate Silver A Witch?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread
« Reply #8939 on: November 07, 2012, 05:08:17 pm »

For me, I have a nice warm fuzzy feeling that citizens of the US appear to be moving away from the right wing "greed is good" thinking of the past.
Fox's election coverage people last night more or less went "We spent all this money on the election and what did we get? Nothing! Damnit!" One of their panelists (some of whom were democrats, and some of whom were republicans), I think, commented on how much good they could have done if it had been spent rebuilding New Jersey instead of wasting it on ads and the like.

Wait wait wait... weren't they calling christie a traitor to the party just a week or two ago for wanting assistance from the government to rebuild?
Pages: 1 ... 594 595 [596] 597 598 ... 714