Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 636 637 [638] 639 640 ... 714

Author Topic: American Election Megathread - It's Over  (Read 720563 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread - It's Over
« Reply #9555 on: November 14, 2012, 08:03:32 pm »

We already had a witch, she didn't get elected. i blame the mouse people.

My god... in that interview, she just repeated 3 rehearsed lines... "If we approach this with our heads in the sand, the other end is in the air!" "They admitted that they're only cloning Monkeys so they can clone Humans" and "It's about Dignity versus Commodity." When confronted with a question that these lines couldn't answer, she froze, and just went back to repeating them. And the fact that a woman who thought herself fit to be president was convinced that Evil Scientists were crossing animals and people in their secret genetic labs just... I would trade brains with her for a second, just so she could understand how crazy-stupid her reasoning was.

In other post-election news, Obama supporters hate white people.

HOW TO NEWS:
~ by The Examiner

Step 1: Pay someone to browse Twitter for a handful of inflammatory posts saying "Fuck White People".
Step 2: Assert that it's the duty of the president, for the sake of our union, to condemn that handful of twitter users, or he must support them.
Step 3: Find angriest-looking picture of Obama, and use it for your headline.

Just add in a subtle implication that Abraham Lincoln's fight to end slavery was misguided, since this was the unforseen result. It's that easy!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9556 on: November 14, 2012, 09:21:21 pm »

Actually she was only running for Congress, not president, so it's all good.

Btw i came across a video titled "Mitt Romney & Barack Obama Talk Dirty" i won't link it, it's very NSFW language, but extremely funny.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #9557 on: November 14, 2012, 10:10:32 pm »

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/11/14/reports-romney-says-obama-won-by-offering-gifts-to-minorities-and-young-voters/?hpt=hp_t1
Heh. Mittens is, in essence, stating 'Obama won by offering policies which appealed to the majority,' while simultaneously spinning it as a bad thing. :P

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9558 on: November 14, 2012, 10:12:52 pm »

Well Mr Small Government is now saying people don't know what's in their own best interest.

The Laissez-faire magic of people's greedy self-interest always giving the optimal result only holds for the wealthy and the white apparently.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #9559 on: November 15, 2012, 08:32:59 pm »

How has nobody discussed the secession petition manufactroversy?

Long story short, several (As in, all of them) states have filed petitions to secede from the Union.  Except, oh wait, no, that's not it.  Several individuals have filed petitions for their states to secede from the Union.  Non-binding, legally worthless cries of "I'm buttmad that ObadO won the election"

Honestly, I say let them go.  As of yesterday, seven states (Texas, Georgia, North Carolina, Florida, Alabama, Tennessee, and Louisiana) have successfully gotten the 25% votes required for the government to respond.  Of those, two (Texas and Georgia) are net contributors to federal tax revenue.  Over the course of 19 years (1990-2009), the other five outweighed their contributions by 400 billion dollars.

Seriously.  Let them go, cut military spending (Easy with a smaller country and fewer red states), and maybe with some work we can wrangle a budget surplus.
Shoes...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9560 on: November 15, 2012, 08:37:04 pm »

We already discussed that a day or two ago, and that was essentially what it came down to. Pointing out that they were entirely meaningless whitehouse.gov petitions, and making snarky comments about letting them go.  :P
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 10:07:11 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9561 on: November 15, 2012, 08:43:52 pm »

Oh no you don't, you aren't cutting out my part of the country. I have no intention of being burned as a witch.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9562 on: November 15, 2012, 08:46:45 pm »

Oh no you don't, you aren't cutting out my part of the country. I have no intention of being burned as a witch.
This is a good reason for not letting them secede. Well sorta; there are less facetious and more valid examples, like criminalizing homosexuality.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #9563 on: November 15, 2012, 08:49:28 pm »

You can move before they break away.
How has nobody discussed the secession petition manufactroversy?

Long story short, several (As in, all of them) states have filed petitions to secede from the Union.  Except, oh wait, no, that's not it.  Several individuals have filed petitions for their states to secede from the Union.  Non-binding, legally worthless cries of "I'm buttmad that ObadO won the election"

Honestly, I say let them go.  As of yesterday, seven states (Texas, Georgia, North Carolina, Florida, Alabama, Tennessee, and Louisiana) have successfully gotten the 25000 votes required for the government to respond.  Of those, two (Texas and Georgia) are net contributors to federal tax revenue.  Over the course of 19 years (1990-2009), the other five outweighed their contributions by 400 billion dollars.

Seriously.  Let them go, cut military spending (Easy with a smaller country and fewer red states), and maybe with some work we can wrangle a budget surplus.
Shoes...

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #9564 on: November 15, 2012, 08:55:14 pm »

Warren Buffet endorsed Hilliary Clinton 2016.

Damnit guys.we just finished. have you not had enough?!? Although I guess I can't blame them. The Fact is all of a sudden the Democrats are looking at the future happily, and everyone wants a piece of the pie. But seriously guys, hold off on the endorsements.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9565 on: November 15, 2012, 09:41:45 pm »

I endorse Clinton as well. I know you've told me about her stupid video games censure (or was it ban?) in the nineties, but I still have a good impression of her. She seems to be a somewhat good diplomat, has lots of experience in the field and now experience if the international power game as well, has a good repuatation abroad as far as I know, and seems like a sensible person over all. I know she's worked with gun laws as well, but I'm not particularly clear on how heavy a degree of restriction she prefers. She may be a bitch, as so many like to say, but seriously, what female politician (or wielder of any power) does not have to be a "bitch" to get anywhere in our world. Gotta be a tough bastard to play at that level, regardless of gender, anyway. Of all my (admittedly limited) knowledge of American politicians, she certainly seems like one of the best candidates. And it would be cool to see her butt heads with Palin if she gets Republican support.

Lastly, also importantly. Old Billy as America's first First Gentleman. Come on. You know you want it.
Love, scriver~

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #9566 on: November 15, 2012, 09:45:48 pm »

I endorse Clinton as well. I know you've told me about her stupid video games censure (or was it ban?) in the nineties, but I still have a good impression of her. She seems to be a somewhat good diplomat, has lots of experience in the field and now experience if the international power game as well, has a good repuatation abroad as far as I know, and seems like a sensible person over all. I know she's worked with gun laws as well, but I'm not particularly clear on how heavy a degree of restriction she prefers. She may be a bitch, as so many like to say, but seriously, what female politician (or wielder of any power) does not have to be a "bitch" to get anywhere in our world. Gotta be a tough bastard to play at that level, regardless of gender, anyway. Of all my (admittedly limited) knowledge of American politicians, she certainly seems like one of the best candidates. And it would be cool to see her butt heads with Palin if she gets Republican support.

Lastly, also importantly. Old Billy as America's first First Gentleman. Come on. You know you want it.

Censorship is an unpardonable sin
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #9567 on: November 15, 2012, 10:00:06 pm »

To an moral absolutist, yes.  Someone who sees in shades of grey might say "wow, BFD".
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #9568 on: November 15, 2012, 10:03:34 pm »

To an moral absolutist, yes.  Someone who sees in shades of grey might say "wow, BFD".

Actually, I'd say it is.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9569 on: November 15, 2012, 10:05:08 pm »

Actually, I'd say it is.

I see in shades of grey and I also see it as a big fucking deal.
Pages: 1 ... 636 637 [638] 639 640 ... 714