Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1279156 times)

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #1155 on: July 21, 2013, 12:38:43 pm »

And Araph, why did you cut his hands off :C

...Because I suck at drawing hands? Like, really suck at it?

Therefore his hands are obscured blobs.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: July 21, 2013, 01:35:21 pm »

That just means that you should just draw more hands.  Nothing but hands.

Hands arent hard, despite what people may state to the contrary. Hands are just shapes, like any other. If you have difficulty with a certain kind of shape, then practice is what is called for.

Try making an abstract form out of NOTHING BUT hands! A certain scene from a certain horrible B movie comes to mind in fact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQUeK7nYxBQ (2:14)

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: July 21, 2013, 10:37:43 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Drawing with fingertips is bloody annoying.

Roostre

• Bay Watcher
  • DF addict since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: July 22, 2013, 08:19:43 pm »

Back when I played World of Warcraft, I did artwork of the characters I played in that game. I figured I'd round up the drawings of dwarves I've done from Tinypic and drop 'em here.

Now, I never have the intention of creating high art when I sit down to draw. In fact, "draw" is a generous term so I'll go with "doodle" instead. I tend to decide to doodle something when I don't have access to a basic artist's needs like non-mechanical pencils or a sketch pad, and will simply work with whatever materials are at hand. Also, I have no scanner. Also, when I decide to digitally color something, I only have an old version of Macromedia Flash to work with.

Here's a dwarf:

Here's the same dwarf captured in the style of a Gurren Lagann eyecatch:

Here's the same dwarf making another Gurren Lagann reference:

Fair warning; the resolution on this one wasn't adjusted:

This dwarf is French for some reason:
Quote from: Ronnie James Dio
Beware; you've found the answer.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: July 22, 2013, 09:05:20 pm »

Drawing with fingertips is bloody annoying.

Manny Mauel would like to remind everyone that

Keep that in mind the next time you callously decide to be racist against hands everywhere by crudely cutting them out of the picture!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: July 24, 2013, 03:51:48 am »

Have some doodles!

First one took about half an hour or so, the most helpful bit was mirroring it using layers. Second took about an hour, maybe slightly more, was quite fun to try and achieve the glowy flares that have become so prevalent in SF these days.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: July 24, 2013, 07:46:00 pm »

I drew another thing. Took maybe half an hour, more or less.

I think I'm getting the hang of SAI and what tools are to be used for what and when and how. Need to work on the digital sketching process and getting a better control of my hand with the tablet. My sketches are way messier than on paper, which is saying something.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #1162 on: July 25, 2013, 01:33:13 pm »

Haha, dude, i know that feeling so much. My doodles on paper actually have an acceptable level of smoothness, but come digital and it's like balrgabnrarlarbsl. Possibly has to do with the fact that there are fewer interfaces between you and the drawing on paper. That said though, erasing and refining is WAY quicker and easier on computer, since it takes a million years to do shading with a pencil. Also, super quick doodles on computer are way more visible than super quick doodles on paper. :U

Oh, and i must say that i quite like the style of that green chap. Cartoony thick lines? YES PLS.

anyways while i get off my butt and take photos of the doodles i made on my trip to ENGLAND i shall present to you a

bird

i imagined that all birds in england were like this

my dreams were shattered :c
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Valtam

• Bay Watcher
  • [VALUE:LEISURE_TIME:50]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: July 25, 2013, 10:44:19 pm »

Cue the training montage music, this is a bit of what I've been doing today. Spaceships and barbarians will soon have their own time.
Spoiler: And then it goes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Those ears (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: What's this? (click to show/hide)

And this is how my week ends. Sort of.
my first quest was to seige a nemacrcors tower i killed 3 nemacrcors the got killed by a zombie fly.
How on earth did you manage to do that twice?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: July 26, 2013, 09:22:58 am »

Pip is adorable!

And those faces are creeping me the fuck out :C

I think it's the bulging eyes, but I like the twisted style (if that was intentional, to make them twisted and creepy).

Anyways, some surrealist photos I've looked at recently and some of this have ended with this:

(not exactly kid friendly mind you)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: July 26, 2013, 06:00:18 pm »

I haven't finished this latest project I've started yet, and probably won't finish it for some time to come either, but I wanted to mention it anyway.

Out of curiosity, I have decided to convince DF to produce heightmap and feed it into a new world region in skyrim. This has been a rather bumpy and painful journey so far, but it is starting to bear some fruit.

Here's the tentative process I am using:

So far, the most I have been able to accomplish is getting tesannwyn to generate a rough terrain model from the hue converted heightmap data from DF.  I had to use 8bit palletized bitmap since I haven't got PS installed on the system I was working with yet. I will dig out the box tonight and fix that.  Turns out that just getting terrain data into the creation kit is a bear! Bethesda refuses to fix the heightmap editing features of the creation kit, claiming they are "legacy", and aren't really supported anymore anyway- the editor crashes the creation kit like an iranian terrorist on a major intercontinental flight.

Even the rough looking import from tesannwyn looks promising though.  Turns out that a "large" world from DF is about the same size (>4 quads! >128x128 cells!) As the main province of skyrim itself is!

River channels, flood plains and the like are clearly defined, and readily visible.

I think this will be a fun, if ambitious little project to keep me busy for awhile.

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: July 26, 2013, 07:01:48 pm »

i put my avatar on rotation!
wooo!
heres the new one i added,
Spoiler: new avatar (click to show/hide)

if you don't get it, google "My little mermaid"

i'll be drawing more of my cartoon self impersonating other characters aswell.

ps: Wierd, that sounds crazy complicated but awesome.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 07:13:04 pm by Ameablable »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: July 26, 2013, 07:10:08 pm »

oh my
It's FEF, not FEOF

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #1168 on: July 26, 2013, 07:14:47 pm »

that is both disturbing and amusing at the same time

props good sir

@wierd: So wait, let me get this straight. You're taking DF-generated worlds and making them playable in Skyrim? Because that is an extremely noble and awesome endeavour. DF probably has the best randomly generated worlds i've yet to see, so i'm looking forward to seeing the fruits of your labour! c:

@Jopax: Dude that is terrifying. I keep expecting the... Thing to turn around and destroy my soul with a nightmarish visage. Nicely done! :P

Also i finally got around to photo'ing the 7 drawings/doodles in my sketchbook that have yet to be internetted, so...
Spoiler: BENSEFISH (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NIKOLAKS (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: a sphere (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ANGRY CUPPA TEA (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: CROISSANT (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gentlefish. (click to show/hide)
And there we go, a shitload of doodles! Now to dick around with the tablet..........

Edit: Further inspection of my doodle folder reveals that i might actually have posted the fishy gentleman brawler before, but OH WELL LOL
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 07:16:19 pm by Shook »
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: July 26, 2013, 07:59:29 pm »

Shook:

Yes.  DF can export a 2d graphical heightmap from legends mode. You can also export maps for vegetation density, water availablity, and biome designations.

Those 2d graphics, properly mangled and spoonfed into tesannwyn, will allow you to create a plugin for skyrim that has the ground with proper elevation data, and a big colorful texture painted on it to help you put trees and flowing water down.

"Large island"/"large region" produces a height map bitmap big enough to rival the world geometry of the main game. The crude elevation data I have gotten with improperly prepared input images has resulted in .esp files that are 22mb in size.

I want a good, smooth and proper terrain to work with, so I haven't done anything with the crude plugin I made except poke around inside it.

Ultimately, I want to walk around on the resulting geometry.  I have genned a particularly neat looking world with a very large and profound mountain lake that I think will be quite pleasant.

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 845