Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1282825 times)

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #2490 on: June 27, 2014, 01:36:19 am »

I've always wanted to try clay scultping, but never got the chance. Love how they turned out, wonder what caused the blue spots?
In a real kiln you wouldn't get those black spots, which are from lack of oxygen where they touched coals, causing iron in the clay to reduce to an oxide that's black and hard to get rid of later. Red classic terracotta color, on the other hand, being those same iron impurities oxidizing into a different iron compound, when they have enough air. 
;)

(I know it's weird to "reduce to an oxide" but it's not elemental iron, it's already an oxide, and it reduces to a more reduced one. I think. Anyway, airflow solves it.)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 01:37:55 am by GavJ »
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2491 on: June 27, 2014, 12:47:18 pm »

My favorite dino, from Bust-a-Move, AKA Puzzle Bobble.

And a pallette swap for his brother!

Their original sizes, 20x20. I can't figure out how to make them bigger without losing res. :v

Spoiler: Reference (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 12:55:05 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #2492 on: June 27, 2014, 03:11:45 pm »

When you scale it up, you should have an option for interpolation, or whatever it is. Try the most basic one, maybe "nearest"? The other ones will try to blend the pixels together, which is not what you want for pixel art!

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: June 27, 2014, 03:49:23 pm »

When you scale it up, you should have an option for interpolation, or whatever it is. Try the most basic one, maybe "nearest"? The other ones will try to blend the pixels together, which is not what you want for pixel art!
This + also only scale it up by multiples of whole numbers. Like if it's 20 pixels original, scale up only to 40, 60, 80, etc. That way, it can make each pixel into a perfect 2x2 or 3x3 or 4x4 block without having to blend (if you use the correct interpolation as well)
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: June 29, 2014, 08:19:49 am »

A knight and sorceress duo, the to go guys when evil overlords get released from their cans, done in some sort of simple cartoony style.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Have to practice more the weight of my lines a tad more.
...Are you sure you don't draw Adventure Time cartoons?

Seriously, though, those two look amazing!
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2495 on: June 29, 2014, 03:21:55 pm »

A knight and sorceress duo, the to go guys when evil overlords get released from their cans, done in some sort of simple cartoony style.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Have to practice more the weight of my lines a tad more.
...Are you sure you don't draw Adventure Time cartoons?

Seriously, though, those two look amazing!
Hell, even I have to recognize that as professional quality. Keep up the good work.

If they're roughs, they're good roughs. I can imagine what the final product could look like. Even if this is the final product, it's still good.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 03:23:59 pm by Itnetlolor »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: June 30, 2014, 05:48:32 am »

I don't understand how people make clean sketches.
I mean, even when I'm watching them draw they just sort of does it with no clear method.
Am I missing some magic here? Am I supposed to sacrifice to the clean lineart god?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #2497 on: June 30, 2014, 07:15:52 am »

If you ever find out, i'd like to get in on the secrets as well. All my sketches are scratchy as hell. :I

meanwhile in shookland

blub

Actually, i think i have a sneaking suspicion of how people make things look super clean and smooth: FAST STROKES. Fast strokes, and uncanny accuracy. Fast swipes tend to produce much smoother lines, but they're much harder to aim. I can swipe quickly, but i can't aim for shit. I can only aim reasonably well with a rifle. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: June 30, 2014, 07:28:18 am »

That's why you practice making lines, straight and curves.

For curves you pick two-three points and try to run a curve trough them. You can do it from a single stroke or by taking sveral smaller steps. The important part is getting the hang of pulling the line steadily. As for accuracy (atleast traditionally) you ghost your hand over the intended curve shape, that is, hold the pen just above the paper and do the curve like that several times to get the hang of it before actually going for it.

All of this takes a lot of practice but it's well worth it, for straight lines especially.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: June 30, 2014, 07:32:01 am »

So I tried to use my drawing tablet again. Still need to find a longer cable for it.
This is the result of it so far.

Spoiler: Meh (click to show/hide)

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2500 on: June 30, 2014, 12:13:40 pm »

Shook, you should make one of those dumb kid's books that have like, one sentence per page.
Like a Dr. Seuss book but... more Shooky.
I'd read it.
Heck, I'd buy it.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: June 30, 2014, 12:15:22 pm »

I would buy it as well. At the very least, your trademark stickman face would be immensely entertaining to kids on its own.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: June 30, 2014, 03:37:12 pm »

I now want to write a children book-style account of Boatmurdered.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: June 30, 2014, 03:40:15 pm »

I can't do graphical stuff for crap, but ASCII?

_ ______    _ ___  ___               ___  _____      _______     _______   _________   ___   ___   ___   _______
|_|__   _|  / / _ \ \\ \    ____     // / / / _ \    | |  _  |   | |  _  | | |  _____| | | | | | | | | | | |  _  |
  | | |    / / /_\ \ \\ \  / /  \   // / / / /_\ \   | | |_| |   | | | | | | | |       | | |_|_| | | | | | | |_| |
  | | |   / / _____ \ \\ \/ / /\ \ // / / / _____ \  | |  __ \   | | | | | | | |       | |  ___  | | | | | |  __ \
  | | |  / / /   \ \ \ \\ \/ /\ \ \/ / / / /   \ \ \ | | |\ \ \  | | |_| | | | |_____  | | | | | | | | | | | |\ \ \
  |_|_| /_/_/     \_\_\ \___/  \_\__/ /_/_/     \_\_\|_|_| \_\_\ |_|_____| |_|_______| |_|_| |_|_| |_|_| |_|_| \_\_\
That probably looks like line vomit. But then:
__ ______    _ ___  ___               ___  _____      _______     _______   _________   ___   ___   ___   _______
|_|__   _|  / / _ \ \\ \    ____     // / / / _ \    | |  _  |   | |  _  | | |  _____| | | | | | | | | | | |  _  |
  | | |    / / /_\ \ \\ \  / /  \   // / / / /_\ \   | | |_| |   | | | | | | | |       | | |_|_| | | | | | | |_| |
  | | |   / / _____ \ \\ \/ / /\ \ // / / / _____ \  | |  __ \   | | | | | | | |       | |  ___  | | | | | |  __ \
  | | |  / / /   \ \ \ \\ \/ /\ \ \/ / / / /   \ \ \ | | |\ \ \  | | |_| | | | |_____  | | | | | | | | | | | |\ \ \
  |_|_| /_/_/     \_\_\ \___/  \_\__/ /_/_/     \_\_\|_|_| \_\_\ |_|_____| |_|_______| |_|_| |_|_| |_|_| |_|_| \_\_\

It probably looks stupid unless you zoom out a little bit, 67% works for me

Also, I approve of Shook childrens' books.

I'd buy that. Like, immediately.

QUICK! PROVE YOUR WORTH! ADAPT SOME RANDOM SEUSS BOOK!

Also, I also approve of Boatmurdered as a kids' book.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #2504 on: June 30, 2014, 03:47:30 pm »

Shook, you should make one of those dumb kid's books that have like, one sentence per page.
Like a Dr. Seuss book but... more Shooky.
I'd read it.
Heck, I'd buy it.
I would buy it as well. At the very least, your trademark stickman face would be immensely entertaining to kids on its own.
Also, I approve of Shook childrens' books.

I'd buy that. Like, immediately.
you have no idea how tempted i am

<3

Although i'm not sure how good it'd be for children, since there is a high risk of at least one page containing nightmare material. Then again, i suppose Adventure Time also likes to do stuff like that, and children do need to be scared from time to time. :v
Additional obstacles include: HOW DO I STRUCTURE THIS. I should probably find one of these Dr. Seuss books and see how he does, otherwise i'll improvise the shit out of everything.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 845