Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372] 373 374 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1283095 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #5565 on: September 08, 2015, 12:12:58 am »

Space engine did some pretty good stars
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So I'm not the only person to find these giant oblate popcorn kernels in SE?
Yeah. I think they're a particular kind of star. Not sure, don't remember.

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
  • Making a big thing this time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5566 on: September 08, 2015, 06:32:59 pm »

I made this Geralt yesterday, and I also made some tiles a while back that I didn't upload till now. Enjoy the pics :D

Geralt of Rivia

Some tiles I made

Got some inspiration from Shovel Knight for the tiles :D

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #5567 on: September 08, 2015, 07:57:29 pm »

Very nice tiles, i can definitely see the Shovel Knight inspiration in them. :v

Anyways, here's a somewhat quick somewhat study of grassy places:

Trying out a new approach and it seems to be working, was annoying as fuck to figure out how to do the grass properly with the one brush I was using but I'm pleased with how it turned out in the end, will have to try it out with some different lighting scenarios to see how it works out in those.
Wow not a single comment for this? I love the grass and clouds m8, and also how wet it generally looks. Also, can confirm that the rock is a very attractive focal point. :v

also here's a thing

Worth noting is that the lines on the camera itself are probably the most immaculately straight lines i've ever drawn free hand. :P
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
  • Making a big thing this time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5568 on: September 08, 2015, 11:08:13 pm »

Very nice tiles, i can definitely see the Shovel Knight inspiration in them. :v

Anyways, here's a somewhat quick somewhat study of grassy places:

Trying out a new approach and it seems to be working, was annoying as fuck to figure out how to do the grass properly with the one brush I was using but I'm pleased with how it turned out in the end, will have to try it out with some different lighting scenarios to see how it works out in those.
Wow not a single comment for this? I love the grass and clouds m8, and also how wet it generally looks. Also, can confirm that the rock is a very attractive focal point. :v

also here's a thing

Worth noting is that the lines on the camera itself are probably the most immaculately straight lines i've ever drawn free hand. :P

Thanks, Shook, I'll look into the outlines a bit more. I also think I should upgrade my sprite making a bit, as in, make some bigger sprites, and work on animation a bit more :D
And nice drawing both you and Jopax, love the colors in it, and generally everything about it :D

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5569 on: September 10, 2015, 02:22:56 am »

I've started playing guitar again and I realized that I had a mic that was advertised as being a hobbyist-home-studio-type-dealio. I tried recording a part of Arsonist's Lullaby, by Hozier. It's a little rough in some parts, especially the guitar, but I like how it turned out. I definitely still need to practice barre chords, though.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5570 on: September 10, 2015, 04:36:28 am »

I made this piece of pixel art, quite proud of it. It's the best I've done so far to be honest.

I also made a thread where I keep basic portfolio of all my other pieces of pixel art, and please enjoy :D

My thread:  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=152598.0
Late reply but that is too much dithering. Unless you deliberately wanted the robes to look like it's rough I guess. I'm just saying that because it's a thing I have learned, though. Otherwise, it's pretty cool. :D
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #5571 on: September 10, 2015, 06:40:34 am »

He has already been shouted at for his excessive dithering, but hey, still a valid point for future reference. :v

I've started playing guitar again and I realized that I had a mic that was advertised as being a hobbyist-home-studio-type-dealio. I tried recording a part of Arsonist's Lullaby, by Hozier. It's a little rough in some parts, especially the guitar, but I like how it turned out. I definitely still need to practice barre chords, though.
Ooo, i was pleasantly surprised by this. You have a nice singing voice, and the guitar seemed fine to me. c: (i also don't know the song, but hey)

also here's an attempt at the CHESHIRE CAT

fuck me i can't figure out how front legs work
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #5572 on: September 10, 2015, 06:46:55 am »

I've started playing guitar again and I realized that I had a mic that was advertised as being a hobbyist-home-studio-type-dealio. I tried recording a part of Arsonist's Lullaby, by Hozier.

Not half bad!

I definitely still need to practice barre chords, though.

My brother just plays nearly everything as a barre chord. Seems to work for him, and he can certainly play them now.

fuck me i can't figure out how front legs work

Attached to the shoulders. :P
But seriously it looks like you've left out the shoulders, adding those in might help.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5573 on: September 10, 2015, 02:58:27 pm »

But seriously it looks like you've left out the shoulders, adding those in might help.

Instruction unclear. Getting killer headaches.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 03:14:05 pm by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5574 on: September 10, 2015, 03:58:31 pm »

Ooo, i was pleasantly surprised by this. You have a nice singing voice, and the guitar seemed fine to me. c: (i also don't know the song, but hey)
Not half bad!

Thanks!

Nailed it.

Also, Shook: that cat-smile will haunt me for the rest of my days. I hope you're happy with yourself.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #5575 on: September 10, 2015, 07:51:13 pm »

I might be.

:v

I might also be tempted to take the creepy smile gimmick further.

Spoiler: clever quote spoiler (click to show/hide)

Seems like you've got a good head start on this whole leg business.

But instead of a creepy smile, you get something VAGUELY RESEMBLANT OF A SELF PORTRAIT

Not entirely accurate, of course, but close enough. You can see the Krita brush thing in the bottom right corner because it's snapshot'd out of SOMETHING BIGGER.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5576 on: September 11, 2015, 03:11:50 pm »

Shook that cat of yours needs more !!BATSHIT INSANITY!! in the smile, also as Arx said a pair of shoulders wouldn't be amiss :D

Leghead reminds me of an old cartoon from these parts, the literal translation of the name would be footsie I think.

Also also, lighter strokes for the hair Shookman, gives it a fluffier quality, right now it overpowers the lines of the face so it's not as in your face as it should be (that sounds bad but I don't know of a better way of putting it). Basically, mind your line weight, this might be more techincally focused but it gets the point across, when you don't have values you use lines to indicate what's important and what's not.

And finally, I started doing this Arthabit thing a bunch of folks are doing on FB and it's basically to draw every day, something I haven't done in a while. But now that I'm doing it again it feels just as awesome and just as easy as it ever was. So have some comfort zone sketches inspired by Warframe mostly:

Taken with a not so crappy camera that isn't quite scanner quality because it's too much hassle to scan these things, and then I have a bunch of torn out sketchbook pages and nowhere to store them properly.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #5577 on: September 11, 2015, 06:59:27 pm »

SHOULDERS ARE FOR PEOPLE WHO CAN CARRY THEM

uh

Anyways, line weight yes, the one thing that i consistently forget all about. Did not think of using lighter lines for the hair though, so i'm definitely going to try that next time. In fact, i generally should try to overcome my laziness and not use the exact same brush size for everything. :U

Also those sketches are excellent, the only thing that catches my eye is that the BIG SHOOTA on the first page kind of looks like it's twisting along its axis. Either that, or i'm seeing it the wrong way, which is not impossible either. :P

also while i get to work on a proper !!BATSHIT INSANITY!! smile, here's a grAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAmmophone done per request

Spoiler: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA (click to show/hide)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

This one even looks mostly the same when mirrored, so that's pretty crazy. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5578 on: September 11, 2015, 07:33:59 pm »

I gotta get back to doing some art again. During my trip north, I did at least make another model upgrade/update to a classic sketch of mine. A Barracuda Dropship (looks similar to the fish, and is just as vicious in combat as it's troops it carries and it's namesake). It's moddable, and would have alternative versions of the craft for different purposes, so plenty capable of multi-role purposes other than just being a dropship. Like a Hammerhead variety would be an Assault mod, or a bulk build can work as a construction craft, codenamed "Bumblebee" due to how clunky it looks post-modding (also making use of Black and Yellow construction colors; why not?). I'll upload it eventually. Done.

I can further refine the idea when I try to build it 1:1 scale, to code (chassis and up), in Minecraft. Half the fun in my designs has to be engineering them.

EDIT:
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 02:40:48 pm by Itnetlolor »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #5579 on: September 12, 2015, 09:01:04 am »

Spoiler: Thing (click to show/hide)

Not really totally happy with the way it turned out, but I'm calling it done for now.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372] 373 374 ... 845