Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1279204 times)

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #6900 on: March 05, 2016, 07:09:05 pm »

I was... actually too embarrassed to post the photo because what I did looks nothing like her. So far, everything I've been doing is constructional drawing, so I was more focused on actually making it look like a person than copying the photo (which I know I need to do more of but the idea of copying something someone else has already done doesn't really interest me at all). I've been told hair is like most anything else, block out the midtones and work darker, then use a kneadable eraser to lift out highlights. There's also apparently some Proko videos on youtube I need to sit down and watch.

Here's the original.

She has a much more aquiline nose and stronger jawline, longer face and blah blah. I've also been using pens so long I don't remember how to graphite at all, but I can only practice so many things at a time and pens are awesome. Still, it looks more or less like a human being, so I'm pretty pleased that this is my starting point to work up from.
Hue, no need to be embarrassed, nobody gets it right the first time. :v
You seem to already be aware of the differences, so i won't preach to the choir (unless you want me to, of course). You can rightfully be pleased to have this as your starting point for portrait drawing, realistic human heads/faces are damned hard to get completely right.

Curious, I've heard a ton of stories of stolen art that the cheapy T-shirt outlets just steal from places like etsy and the like. Would you be worried about stuff like that? Also if I may pry from both of you, do these actually sell in appreciable numbers? I'm kind of a plain shirt guy, but these kinda things seem popular.
... Sell? Not a single sale yet, although i pretty much only pooped that one out 24 hours ago, so i can't say i'm surprised. As for stolen T-shirt art, i'm not really worried, partly for the same reason as Happyslap, and partly because i honestly don't care that much. I'm in it for fun, profit is just one of those things i need to progress in life. :v (though of course it would be nice if i could make DOSH off of having fun)

Also, i don't know if any of you remember that one time where i tried to make Hatebomb shirts on Teespring and failed miserably, but now you can get one in whatever colour you want from their selection. This is kind of cheating though, i painted hatebomb over two years ago. :P

edit: also vaguely inspired by XCOM 2

Spoiler: DOUBLEGOGGLE (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 09:12:14 pm by Shook »
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #6901 on: March 06, 2016, 01:23:47 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Bonus points if you can guess what program/game this is a rough sketch for! 

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6902 on: March 06, 2016, 11:41:47 am »

Bonus points if you can guess what program/game this is a rough sketch for!

Roblox?

KillerHP

• Bay Watcher
  • im french :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #6903 on: March 06, 2016, 12:32:54 pm »

Pew pew pew.Horrible animation , no shading for the shoots , 2 frames so hit particles are horrible , etc etc.
Not making much pixel art because i dont have the will and i currently draw more on paper at school than doing pixel art at home.

Also shook , i like your cartoony style , and your avatar is epic.
*hatfish*
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 12:35:19 pm by KillerHP »
A random person which does stuff and likes roguelikes and SS13...

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #6904 on: March 06, 2016, 02:33:16 pm »

I'm irrationally proud of this:

Made at FJ's request.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6905 on: March 06, 2016, 10:04:22 pm »

Some sort of space warrior eldritchness. I was pretty happy with how it ended up!

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #6906 on: March 07, 2016, 11:02:27 am »

ELDRITCH SPEHS SNEK

Also i'm getting some Risk of Rain vibes from the dude in the foreground. I like it! c:

@KillerHP

Drawing at school is hard. :/

I like drawing at night, though. Night is when I'm at my best.
Heh, can relate. I'm often too anxious to draw during the day, even though i know i shouldn't be. :I

Pew pew pew.Horrible animation , no shading for the shoots , 2 frames so hit particles are horrible , etc etc.
Not making much pixel art because i dont have the will and i currently draw more on paper at school than doing pixel art at home.
Also shook , i like your cartoony style , and your avatar is epic.
*hatfish*
Thanks bro! Also, as far as two-frame firing loops go, that actually isn't bad. Seems a bit weird to have almost the entire walker shaking in unison with the firing (especially the leg), maybe try having just the guns recoil?

also i klopfed some colours on to DOBBULU GOGGULU

and shading because why not
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #6907 on: March 07, 2016, 08:48:12 pm »

More music. This one's about 1/3rd of the length I want it to be, still WIP: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zc9ygqn1x7yqpua/Marathon01.mp3?dl=0

I hope some of you guys like musicals, because I made an SFM version of Bring Him Home from Les Mis. I've gotten a bit better at animating since my last video, but it's still pretty rough in some parts.

The animation is a bit stiff, and the lighting's a bit drab, but it's better than anything I can do in SFM.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6908 on: March 08, 2016, 02:23:11 am »

More music. This one's about 1/3rd of the length I want it to be, still WIP: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zc9ygqn1x7yqpua/Marathon01.mp3?dl=0
Were you the one who made Gwyn, Lord of Bass? 'Cause I still have that on my computer but it got corrupted just the other day and I want to redownload it. If it wasn't you it was probably Willfor.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #6909 on: March 08, 2016, 05:12:14 am »

Were you the one who made Gwyn, Lord of Bass? 'Cause I still have that on my computer but it got corrupted just the other day and I want to redownload it. If it wasn't you it was probably Willfor.
Yes: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ctgf8mxaekv2u6n/GwynLordOfBass.mp3?dl=0

(Also, what do you think of the other piece so far? :v )
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6910 on: March 08, 2016, 06:01:45 am »

Yes: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ctgf8mxaekv2u6n/GwynLordOfBass.mp3?dl=0

(Also, what do you think of the other piece so far? :v )
It's a very good piece! Though I think it could be much improved by some different instruments. It's kind of charming because it feels like some of my favorite old midi tunes (few instruments; overall sounds inorganic). If that's what you were going for then ignore me. :P

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #6911 on: March 08, 2016, 08:03:23 am »

[piano intensifies]

also introducing flammkerf

That particular word came into existence when i somehow managed to say "flammkerfer" instead of "flammenwerfer". :v (i have since found out that "kerf" is actually an english word, but I DON'T CARE)
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6912 on: March 08, 2016, 08:18:35 am »

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #6913 on: March 08, 2016, 08:18:49 pm »

Got my youtube setup + first video (with camera) up the other day, playing Stardew Valley.

Making a middle and end video when I got time to go back to it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1LMXB0NhEQ
(According to my brother, I sound really weird at 2x speed)
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6914 on: March 09, 2016, 01:03:29 am »

Sauce for the original art: http://william-snekspeare.tumblr.com/
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 03:51:07 am by GUNINANRUNIN »
Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463 ... 845