Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 162

Author Topic: Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia, Act II [Actually Done This Time: R.I.P]  (Read 322329 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia, Act II! (Ch. 1: Re-Prolouge)
« Reply #600 on: May 05, 2012, 01:41:26 pm »

"...Douglas, douglas, douglas... Why did you betray the ideals of America?" Teddy thinks for a moment, clearly unhappy about Douglas MacArthur's betrayal. Thinking for another bit, "...I suppose we should go for Genghis first. He is the only sane tactician around..."

Coolbay1

• Bay Watcher
  • [LURKER]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia, Act II! (Ch. 1: Re-Prolouge)
« Reply #601 on: May 05, 2012, 07:25:44 pm »

Waitlist

Blu Pyro

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia, Act II! (Ch. 1.5: Muffinz!)
« Reply #602 on: May 05, 2012, 10:26:18 pm »

Chapter 1.5: Muffinz

Chapter 1.5: Muffinz!

A gray Pegasus pushed a cart down the hospital hallway. Her blonde mane swept against her back. Her wings fluttered softly. Strangely enough, she pushed the cart walking on two feet, her body supported by keeping her hooves on the handle. But humanoid action was not the most defining characteristic of this pony. (That title would be given to Lyra the unicorn.) The true trait of this Pegasus was her distorted eyes. This derp-ish looking display has given her the title of Derpy Hooves. Although she looks silly, she invokes happiness in everyone around her, and that is enough for her. On her cart is a tray of delicacy muffins, with every flavor nameable present. Blueberry, strawberry, apple, plain, carrot, coffee cake, lemon-drop, herbal, cranberry, honey-roasted, chocolate and of course the almighty legendary Banana Muffin! She prepared all of them herself, working extra-hard in order to make a special meal for her friend Gordon Freeman.

Smiling, she takes a moment to say hello to everypony she sees going down the hall. Derpy Hooves continued to push her cart down the twists and turns, until she came to a door. Next to it read a sign that said C-39. Yep, this was the right door! She stepped inside to find the Party discussing their plans for their next mission. However, the heroes stopped mid-speech on discussing how to kill Genghis Khan when Derpy rolled her cart in. "Hello everypony! I was just stopping by to deliver my muffins to Mr. Science Man, and he's sitting right-...there?" Derpy's smile fades, as her eyes dart around the room. "Where is he?" Her smile turns into a confused frown. The cart spins around as the Pegasus rolls her goods back into the hall. She keeps rolling, chanting, "Science-man....Science-man...where are you science man?"

((Wasn't Flying Dice Blue Rainbow Dash?))

Actually, I recently re-read the entire thread, and it turns out she was originally Teal. So there you go. I was also supposed to add lawastooshort into the waitlist back in January. There were all sorts of important posts I skipped over the first time through.

Waitlist

Blu Pyro

I'm afraid I can't let you in. Why?

1. I don't like Homestuck or grimdark avatars, so I definitely don't want to see yours every time a new turn comes.

2. Your grammar doesn't give me any initial hope that you'll be a good role-player.

Coolbay, I imagine you, as well as the other players reading this, are thinking: 'What?!? Those are outrageously stupid reasons to not allow someone to play! Why is TCM being such a jerkass?' To an extent, I agree with you guys. Part of me is doing this for my own selfish personal reasons. On the other hand, I believe a GM has final say to who gets in his/her RPG. That's one of the biggest jobs for a GM, to make final decisions. If I wanted to join an RPG and the GM said no, I might be upset, but that's their decision and I'll respect it.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Coolbay1

• Bay Watcher
  • [LURKER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: May 05, 2012, 10:49:09 pm »

Ok i Can understand that also that blue thing was a reference to tf2

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: May 05, 2012, 10:51:57 pm »

Ok i Can understand that also that blue thing was a reference to tf2

Oh yes, I understood that. It was just my own reasoning. I apologize. I wish you luck on other RTDs.

PS, your avatar still creeps the hell out of me.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Coolbay1

• Bay Watcher
  • [LURKER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: May 05, 2012, 10:53:47 pm »

I decided to change it if in case it freaked people out

Edit:Forgot to capitalize the I. Also Post to watch.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 11:30:05 am by Coolbay1 »

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: May 05, 2012, 11:51:38 pm »

Chant alongside Derpy. With confetti and shit. BRING BACK THE GHOST OF GORDON FREEMAN, O' GREAT OLD ONES!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: May 06, 2012, 02:13:19 am »

While Pinkie does something rather disturbing, Rainbow Dash attempts to contact her old friend Genghis Sans for aid in the coming battle.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: May 06, 2012, 02:29:23 am »

Oooh, I can't resist the temptation anymore!

Navy Jackie Estacado, for the waitlist.

Triple edit ftw?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 02:35:19 am by Zako »

Biscuitlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: May 06, 2012, 05:20:10 am »

*slowly out of a corner of the room Fluttershy walks in sight* Hi guys i'm really sorry that i didnt fought alongside you the entire time ... but I ... I ...I just couldnt. I didn't want to harm anyone. But now I have seen what she will do if we don't stop her and I saw what she does to my friends. *A tear runs down Fluttershys cheek as her gaze wanders over Twilight, Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash* Now I am determined to do my part so that Celestia can never again hurt innocent creatures. That is um if you allow me to fight with you.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: May 06, 2012, 07:36:56 am »

She prepared all of them herself, working extra-hard in order to make a special meal for her friend Gordon Freeman.

D'awwwww. and it take a lot to make me D'aww.

On a super side note. I have to RP actions for someone who cant speak. . . . . .  again. Success.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: May 06, 2012, 03:45:05 pm »

Heh. Was hoping for an NPC Fluttershy for RD to constantly use bad pickup lines on. Would feel rather awkward doing that to another player.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: May 06, 2012, 04:19:13 pm »

Heh. Was hoping for an NPC Fluttershy for RD to constantly use bad pickup lines on. Would feel rather awkward doing that to another player.
Do it. It will be even more epic now.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: May 06, 2012, 05:33:04 pm »

"Let's go kick this Gnghis Khan assholes head in.. I really hope that we don't all die or something."
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, turn coming soon. During this time, please enjoy this short inter-chapter.

Pinkie Pie slips out of the room to walk up to the perplexed gray Pegasus. "Science mannnn~" her voice sings out. But there is no response. Then Pinkie Pie bust out of the bottom of the tray. "Hey Derpy!" In response, Derpy fell backwards onto her rump. "Why the sad face? Is it because Gordon Freeman died?" Derpy looks up, stunned. "...Died?" "Yep, died! Alien death straight through the heart like *zoooom* *bam!* But now Princess Celestia is killing millions, Canterlot is surrounded, and Rainbow Dash is making everyone gay, so it's all fun times from here on out! "...Died?" "Let's sing! ~My name is Pinkie Pie! And I am here to say, I'm gonna make you smile, and I will brighten-~ And then Derpy Hooves began sobbing loudly. "Uh..."

This would be a good time for me to go indepth about attributes.

Attributes:

Strength: Pretty simple, the amount of power and muscle a character can put into an action. This mainly effects hand-to-hand combat, grappling, throwing, and so on.

Agility/Speed: The rate at which your character can move. Effects running and dodging.

Endurance/Toughness: How long your character can last doing an activity. Effects long-distance running, and prolonged fighting/magic use.

Magic: How well your character can control magical based spells and incantations. Effects magic and summoning.

Tactics: How well your character can utilize Friendly NPCs.

Intelligence: The amount of mind-power your character can put into solving problems. Effects logic, electronics and healing.

Precision: Your characters ability to see things. Effects spotting things on the battlefield and long-range attacks.

Spontaneity: This rare trait gives your character the ability to do things out of nowhere. Gives them a +0.2 in all traits.

Stealth: How well your character can sneak around unseen to the enemies. Stealth attacks get bonuses!

Explosives: How well your character can utilize explosives objects. Effects rockets, bombs, grenades, and so on.

Incendiaries:  How well your character can utilize fire-based attacks. Effects flamethrowers, fireballs, and so forth.

Finesse: This trait effects how your character does on one-on-one dueling scenarios.

Brutality: Effects how 'messy' the wounds your character inflicts are. Effects bleeding.

Firearms: How well (or at least creatively) your character can wield firearms. Effects guns.

Teamwork: Found only in group-characters. Effects how well your group can co-ordinate team-based actions.

Area-of-Effect: How well your character can attack more than one enemy simultaneously. Effects explosives, and large physical/magic attacks.

Improvised Weapons: This determines if your character can find any objects to use as new weapons on the battlefield. Utilize sticks, stones, bricks, tires, and anything you can find on the battlefield not listed as a weapon.

Evolution: If a character has this, it means after fighting for a while, they will be able to ascend to a more powerful form.

Horseback Riding: How well your character can ride and preform actions on horses. Fun fact: A character with a +1 in this is skilled in riding ponies!

------

I'd also like to take this time to point out that Theodore Roosevelt and Lawrence Taylor both have Special Abilities that neither of them have used so far. (Teddy has Rally, and Lawrence has Super-Tackle.)

And so many characters, it's like a sitcom! It's like Full House, except with more genocide and lesbians. So it has nothing to do with Full House! New Turn incoming soon.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 162