Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1678711 times)

RadtheCad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #1200 on: March 30, 2016, 02:41:35 pm »

I like this as a challenge mode.

If race creation is a point-based system (it is, right?), it could be an option to be modded in.  It would be fun to try and make the objectively worst race- fanatic pacifists with shit diplomacy, incompetent genocidal maniacs...
You have to kill your son or nuke the commonwealth.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1201 on: March 30, 2016, 05:25:13 pm »

If race creation is a point-based system (it is, right?), it could be an option to be modded in.  It would be fun to try and make the objectively worst race- fanatic pacifists with shit diplomacy, incompetent genocidal maniacs...
That sounds pretty fun from an RP standpoint
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: March 30, 2016, 05:47:02 pm »

So... the Blorg from the streams, swapping militaristic for pacifistic?

The whole point behind that race, as the devs explained, is for them to make that really annoying person everyone has met once in their lives that insists on sticking around.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

RadtheCad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: March 30, 2016, 08:56:28 pm »

The whole point behind that race, as the devs explained, is for them to make that really annoying person everyone has met once in their lives that insists on sticking around.
Well, that just more shit.  I mean, the blorg look like they can still function.  There has to be a way they can be made worse.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: March 30, 2016, 11:51:02 pm »

Well, that just more shit.  I mean, the blorg look like they can still function.  There has to be a way they can be made worse.
Well, they could be extremely pacifist and have one of the smallest brain sizes among any species in the entire universe, so small that they are regularly outwitted by crows and cats. Also they could be ginormous and require huge amounts of energy to function, but only eat a diet of a very specific plant, of which they will only eat one single species of that plant which is also going extinct in the wild. And just for kicks we could make that plant have the energy density of almost nothing AND we could make it so that this creature can't properly digest this plant due to the lack of the proper enzymes and stomachs, so even they have to eat way more of the already massive amount than they need.

Hmm... I mean, that sounds pretty bad already, but I guess we could also make it so they're incredibly lazy to the point where they even actually don't want to mate with one another. And even if they did, they wouldn't even know how to do it. So they have to resort to a third party to artifically inseminate them for their continued survival. Not only that, after this ridiculous process, they make such terrible, awful parents that these same third party species have to actually, literally kidnap their babies from them just to keep them alive because left alone, the babies are likely to be crushed to death by their own mother or simply just die due to an absurd 40% infant mortality rate.

Wow, that sounds pretty shitty. How on earth can you make that worse?

Hmm...

I guess we could make them so brightly coloured they have no chance of camouflage whatsoever. Maybe... black and white? That seems kinda stretching it though. I mean, haha! If we're going to go that far in making fun of this fictional creature, we might as well give it an incredibly small penis (3cm)!!!!

Oh man, I can't imagine what kind of evil asshole would create such a stupid creature.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: March 31, 2016, 01:08:22 am »

Oh man, I can't imagine what kind of evil asshole would create such a stupid creature.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: March 31, 2016, 02:48:23 am »

Pandas eat more than one species of bamboo, and their mating behavior was probably different in different historical ecological situation.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: March 31, 2016, 03:11:41 am »

To be fair, Humans are regularly outsmarted by crows and cats too.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1208 on: March 31, 2016, 04:00:48 am »

But we're really good at breeding and killing things, world domination was inevitable
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: March 31, 2016, 04:43:53 am »

and if we take together all human cultures we basically eat everything...i mean bird nest soup? made of the nest and not the eggs?

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: March 31, 2016, 07:46:56 am »

Our endurance is nothing to scoff at either; we're not especially fast burst-runners, but we can keep it up longer than almost any other animal, and we can survive injuries that would send, say, horses to that great pasture in the skies.  But we're starting to get into HFY territory... :P

RadtheCad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: March 31, 2016, 09:46:56 am »

HFY territory... :P
Don't worry, I'll shut it down by talking about how much better robots are!  Just give me a minute to write the essay...

RadtheCad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: March 31, 2016, 11:15:07 am »

The ratio of the size of the human dick to the human body is one of the bigger ones for comparably-sized primates, I think.  Or maybe it's just gorillas that have small ones.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: March 31, 2016, 11:58:20 am »

Humans have biggest dicks and boobs among even partially bipedal creatures according to my extensive research.  ;D Selective breeding pressure among the ages, I suppose. Of course huge things like whales and elephants have...huge things. My favorite is hyenas though, where the female has the penis. Well, not exactly a penis but a female....thing that looks a lot like a penis.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: March 31, 2016, 12:45:05 pm »

So I got an email from paradox which said:
Sign In To Play And Unlock Free Stellaris Rewards!

With Stellaris announced for release on May 9, we’ve prepared a little something to help get people in the mood for Paradox’s newest grand strategy game.

Head on over to launchpad.stellarisgame.com and fly your spaceship through the vast emptiness of space. The longer you go, the more treasures you unlock! And, if you recommend 10 friends to play the game, you get the chance to name one of the commanders that players might encounter in Stellaris!

As you collect space debris in this game, you can enter a competition for a chance to win a graphics card and a gaming mouse for your PC! We’ll announce the winner when pre-orders for Stellaris open. Put on your space suit and travel with us to the bold future of Stellaris!

It seems to be a clicker game, except that clicking doesn't seem to DO anything except make a number of clicks counter go up.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 632