Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1677371 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #3150 on: August 01, 2016, 10:01:44 pm »

Weren't federations mostly intended for multiplayer groups?

absolutely not. whatever gave you that idea?

Because frankly... the way they are designed would only be entertaining in actual multiplayer.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: August 01, 2016, 10:03:21 pm »

Weren't federations mostly intended for multiplayer groups?

absolutely not. whatever gave you that idea?

Because frankly... the way they are designed would only be entertaining in actual multiplayer.

the way they are designed, or the way they are implemented?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: August 01, 2016, 10:05:32 pm »

Implemented?

Mind you, I don't think it is the case. It is just easy to see why someone would think that given it is anti-fun.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: August 02, 2016, 05:07:56 am »

jesus christ how horrifying

well okay i mean unless they fix federation fleets and such somewhat
"People were complaining about the game being too easy, so we added a new challenge mode!"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: August 03, 2016, 07:26:38 am »

So how is weapons situation after all the updates since release? There are finally usable carriers? Or tachyon lances still dominate?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #3155 on: August 03, 2016, 08:27:12 am »

Biggest changes are that armour is slightly less worthless
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: August 03, 2016, 10:24:47 am »

Implemented?

Mind you, I don't think it is the case. It is just easy to see why someone would think that given it is anti-fun.

But that's just standard Paradox. Create a game that works reasonably well for the first 10 hours of a campaign, and then add another 50 hours of absolute drudgery, including half-finished features that make finishing the campaign incredibly annoying.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: August 03, 2016, 10:43:36 am »

Implemented?

But that's just standard Paradox. Create a game that works reasonably well for the first 10 hours of a campaign, and then add another 50 hours of absolute drudgery, including half-finished features that make finishing the campaign incredibly annoying.

Welcome to videogames! Where you either get the first 10 hours being the most fun, or the final 10 with nothing inbetween.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: August 03, 2016, 03:49:48 pm »

Most good games (:P) don't last 10 hours in the first place. And of course there's yer open-world fallout types, which last over 10 hours and manage to be exactly as boring the whole way through.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: August 03, 2016, 05:02:02 pm »

Biggest changes are that armour is slightly less worthless

and shields aren't, so the strategy is basically the same but you probably shouldn't have shields basically ever

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: August 03, 2016, 06:35:39 pm »

Implemented?

Welcome to videogames! Where you either get the first 10 hours being the most fun, or the final 10 with nothing inbetween.

what in the world are you talking about? besides a paradox game i have literally never experienced that

Most good games (:P) don't last 10 hours in the first place. And of course there's yer open-world fallout types, which last over 10 hours and manage to be exactly as boring the whole way through.

again, what?? i don't think i've bought a game in years that i didn't play for at least 10 hours (assuming i ever got around to playing it in the first place)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: August 03, 2016, 08:19:15 pm »

what in the world are you talking about? besides a paradox game i have literally never experienced that

Most games are either front loaded... or backloaded.

For a game that is backloaded look to any and almost all MMOs ever made ever.

For a front loaded game, that doesn't suck, try Duke Nukem 3d where the starting levels usually have more effort and details then any other level in the game.

Though I am exaggerating with the "Nothing inbetween"... since the TYPICAL RPG... Has an incredibly boring and tedious start... and incredibly boring ending...

So I think it is more that games are either front loaded, mid loaded, or back loaded... with no game actually spreading its content well through all of them.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: August 03, 2016, 08:44:27 pm »

Neo: Here are some games (which happen to all be RPGs, more or less) that I've finished, and think were great all the way through, and which I believe are longer than 10 hour games (based on my playtime on steam): Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines, Magicka, Saints Row: The Third, and Tomb Raider. I have 31 hours in Tomb Raider, and think I've only played through it twice. I have more hours in all the others. I have 45 in Magicka and afaik have only completed it once, but I was playing it completionisty (and STILL thought it was fun the whole time).

I'd also mention the Steins;Gate VN, but that's a VN and I don't know how much time I spent playing it. A lot, I think, but I don't have numbers.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: August 03, 2016, 10:31:31 pm »

That isn't quite what I mean...

Though if you want my personal exception to the rule? Wonderful 101

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: August 04, 2016, 03:11:59 pm »

Have you colonized the Salusa system yet?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 632