Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1678709 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #5100 on: July 19, 2017, 10:10:34 pm »

Card update would be interesting. Diplomacy and Religion overhaul maybe?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5101 on: July 20, 2017, 08:40:05 am »

Sometimes I wish you could change ethos a bit easier. That, and change your vassals' ethos over time as well.

I like to change my ethos and government to match my overlord when I feel like i'm gonna be a vassal for the long run, but its a true pain if I can't get a faction with significant support to show up.
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5102 on: July 20, 2017, 08:48:30 am »

I just want federations to be more useful than simple defensive pacts. Unless you're working with someone who has say jump drives or enigmatic tech that you don't have I can't really see any use for them over defensive pacts, as there's nothing like ship trading between them, no special trade deals, no event with one member getting this much excess minerals so he distributed it amongst the fed. members, etc. They feel like all they are is a drain on my fleet power.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 08:50:12 am by StagnantSoul »
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5103 on: July 20, 2017, 09:09:41 am »

Well, the benefit of the Federation is that all the Federation ships are upkeep free. So if you can manage to build it up enough during your ten year term, it'll rampage around when you're not in power, and when you are you have another solid fleet to fight with.

That said, I'm at the stage where I'm the 1000-pound gorilla on the galactic stage, and I wiped out another nation's navy with half of mine without losses, while the other half was busy conquering another system. My idiot useful federation partner managed to lose the entire federation fleet before my term, and I'm not too bothered to build it back again right now, as I'm building up minerals for megastructure restoration projects.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5104 on: July 20, 2017, 09:37:28 am »

Do federations have any special events at all? There'd be a lot of potential for some Star Trek references if there was.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5105 on: July 20, 2017, 09:53:46 am »

Do federations have any special events at all? There'd be a lot of potential for some Star Trek references if there was.
I don't think so.

Also, another benefit is that they make it easier to win, since you need to wipe/vassalize less empires.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5106 on: July 20, 2017, 12:00:15 pm »

The spiritualist/materialist thing bothers me so much. why can't materialists get jedi? they obviously exist.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5107 on: July 20, 2017, 12:32:41 pm »

Ah, didn't know federation ships didn't have upkeep. That might be a little useful, though I'm usually sitting on a ton of energy due to going for weak-thrifty species with syncretic evolution. Also, I thought the federation fleet gets deleted by the AI? Last I remembered it was a bug where they didn't know what to do with it so the AI just deletes it. If that's not true anymore I'd happily give my fed. members a decently designed fleet.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5108 on: July 20, 2017, 02:13:08 pm »

As usual, I'm reposting a dev diary for reasons. This one is #78: Robomodding & Robot Changes.

Robots look like they'll be awesome now. And apparently RIP naked corvette.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5109 on: July 20, 2017, 02:18:39 pm »

Finally they're nerfing naked corvettes! Crap strategies like that should be buried instantly over actual ones like counting your opponent's weapon etc. I remember one time I lost to a supposedly inferior opponent in the multiplayer because he skipped shields in his designs, just plastered all the power to weapons and enigmatic encoders, and filled up with armor, then threw hundreds of destroyers with kinetic artillery at my massive fleet of cruisers. He had a great dodge rate at the end, and the armor soaked up almost as much damage as my shields had... Now, if only they could find a way to get rid of doomstacks... Maybe, say, using an incredibly simple and already in use system they have in another well known game of theres? That should've been incorporated from day one?

Can't wait to try out the new robot stuff, it's going to be fun as hell. Designing each robot specifically will be great.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5110 on: July 21, 2017, 01:42:29 am »

Seems like the robot update is "give them the good bit of Biological" mostly. I hope this means there's going to be new biological goodies and not just shafting the path that would be coolest if it got proper development.

Also, I keep reading "positronic" as "postironic" and imagining hipster robots.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 04:55:31 am by Cruxador »

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5111 on: July 21, 2017, 08:15:21 am »

Seems like the robot update is "give them the good bit of Biological" mostly. I hope this means there's going to be new biological goodies and not just shafting the path that would be coolest if it got proper development.

Also, I keep reading "positronic" as "postironic" and imagining hipster robots.
"I was calculating pi to the 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000th digit before it was cool."
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5112 on: July 21, 2017, 08:51:23 am »

"My shell is made from reclaimed metal and sustainably produced bio-degradeable plastics. I only charge my batteries with renewable energy sources."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5113 on: July 21, 2017, 12:04:12 pm »

"My shell is made from reclaimed metal and sustainably produced bio-degradeable plastics. I only charge my batteries with renewable energy sources."
Humans.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5114 on: July 21, 2017, 12:49:55 pm »

Humans.
Sentient AI that experiences happiness and other biological emotions.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 632