Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1678556 times)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #5505 on: November 23, 2017, 03:58:37 am »

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #5506 on: November 23, 2017, 09:56:52 am »

In all the games I've played, I have yet to find any primitive instances of Earth. Although most of my games seem to have the humans in the game as an AI, which makes that impossible.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5507 on: November 23, 2017, 03:49:01 pm »

Pretty sure I would have gotten it if I was playing Ironman, but I don't play Ironman in Paradox games.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5508 on: November 23, 2017, 11:38:05 pm »

I played a game where I put everything on random.

I feel so alone.

Where is everyone?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hello?

Hello?

We're supposed to consume all life and convert everything into robots, but there's no one for us to even eat. We're all alone... :(

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5510 on: November 24, 2017, 12:29:03 am »

New advisor voices, too!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5511 on: November 24, 2017, 02:05:11 am »

And also a new city style and ship set. Of what we see so far, I really like the new ships, I hate the "fat goth with emo hair" alien, and the rest I'm ambivalent about; it adds some variety, which is good, but not enough for me to spend ten bucks on.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5512 on: November 24, 2017, 02:06:36 am »

I hate the "fat goth with emo hair" alien, and the rest I'm ambivalent about; it adds some variety, which is good
According to the devs, there should be around 10 portraits in that pack. Several which we haven't even seen.
Also, I think the "emo hair" is just one style to choose from.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #5513 on: November 24, 2017, 03:28:57 pm »

And also a new city style and ship set. Of what we see so far, I really like the new ships, I hate the "fat goth with emo hair" alien, and the rest I'm ambivalent about; it adds some variety, which is good, but not enough for me to spend ten bucks on.
Emo orc is best orc

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5514 on: November 24, 2017, 09:37:53 pm »

Freakin Heck, is there really no way to zoom without "scroll" functionality?  YES I have a touchpad, which does technically support that, but it's unreliable as all hell.  And I have spare goshdarn mice, but I'd probably just use my desktop in that case.

They have and had clickable zoom buttons in CK2 which work just fine for me.  But not here, and no hotkey.  This is really awful.

I'm reserving my profanity, though, for the people on the Paradox forums who constantly link to mice on amazon or talk about "current year".  It's literally half "buy a mouse", almost half "figure out the trackpad I assume you have" (no love for clitmice), and then a couple useful instructions for autoHotKey etc.

Those people can go to hell, except for the last ones who are very kind but make me want to cry.  Dammit, Paradox, I expected shit like this to be fixed this long after launch.  Basic usability, fuck's sake.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5515 on: November 24, 2017, 09:40:50 pm »

The answer is incredibly obvious, use one of the many options available to you.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5516 on: November 24, 2017, 09:48:17 pm »

I would literally refund the game right now if I hadn't already had a good long time with an earlier version from... a friend.  On my desktop.

You're probably just poking fun because I'm mad, which is cool... I do feel better now, honestly.  But I hope you actually realize that this is a really poor, completely unnecessary failure in UI.  I honestly expected it to be fixed by now, because I have a lot of faith in Paradox.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5517 on: November 24, 2017, 10:11:06 pm »

So you are blaming the developers, for your own hardware issues?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 10:12:43 pm by Ultimuh »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5518 on: November 24, 2017, 10:26:11 pm »

Any game should have keybinds for zooming in or out. Provided that zooming in and out is a feature in said game.
standard is + and -, maybe try just hitting those and seeing if they do something?
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #5519 on: November 24, 2017, 10:29:47 pm »

I would literally refund the game right now if I hadn't already had a good long time with an earlier version from... a friend.  On my desktop.

You're probably just poking fun because I'm mad, which is cool... I do feel better now, honestly.  But I hope you actually realize that this is a really poor, completely unnecessary failure in UI.  I honestly expected it to be fixed by now, because I have a lot of faith in Paradox.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/281990/discussions/0/357285562492342873/#c357286663680612337
Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 632