Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1796360 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

I am just way too picky about choosing an embark size.... All  I want want is a river, a volcano and an evil biome, all in a 3x3 site, is that too much to ask for? :D

Try the "advanced world gen" Evil world parameters that come with Masterwork, if you haven't already.  They seem to have pretty good amount of volcanoes.

afftor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am just way too picky about choosing an embark size.... All  I want want is a river, a volcano and an evil biome, all in a 3x3 site, is that too much to ask for? :D
And right after that i realize such location don't have iron ore or flux.

xaldin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Try the "advanced world gen" Evil world parameters that come with Masterwork, if you haven't already.  They seem to have pretty good amount of volcanoes.

Problem with them is civilizations honestly. Can't seem to get all the ones I select to show up. So i create my own large ones. Downside is something crashes my worldgen on large very frequently. Sometimes works many times doesn't. I can get a world generated every 5 attempts it seems :/  Didn't have the problem with 1.3, something in 1.4 just really doesn't like large worlds.

Ranik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does anyone have the latest batch of fixes bundled? I just lost my current fort and will gen another later today.

Dynastia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does anybody know how silkworms work? I embarked with a couple, built some hives, tried storing them in built cage, unbuilt cages, transferred them to animal traps, put them up for adoption (no takers) and tried everything else I could think of to get them to crap out some silk. The hives just got filled up with bees, and my silkworms sit uselessly in their cages.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I wont adress everything, just wanted to pop in, say: 90% of the bugs are fixed, working on balancing and flavor next, and leave again :)

About the worldgen: Only thing I changed in the worldgen settings is 50% the titan number and 30 civs for each world. font think that this causes crashes though. I noticed most problems since moving to 34.1.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Buffbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was wondering about vampires.  This may not even be possible, but similar a reaction similar to the Golem Forge that the convicted vampires can be put inside to cure them.  This would turn them back into regular dorfs, but maybe have falsely convicted dorfs killed from the process since they aren't actually vampires.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And for those murder-oriented types, there should be a bonfire reaction to incinerate vampires.

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And for those murder-oriented types, there should be a bonfire reaction to incinerate vampires.

YES YES YES! Cleansing fire! If one could burn undead in a way they do not raise again would be cool.

Inquisition time!
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

You guys realize that I cant specify Vampires (or any other creature) as a reagent ? Burn them yourself, you know how magma works :P

PS: The holy warrior will get a reaction to take out undeads for good. Dont know if it will work on the "undead" civ of zombies I have though. Cant make them properly undead, and still have them as a civ at the same time.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 03:05:28 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

You guys realize that I cant specify Vampires (or any other creature) as a reagent ? Burn them yourself, you know how magma works :P
Make a Buring Pyre building that you that has the build zone in the middle surrounded by 8 blocked zones

so:

XXX
XOX
XXX

the builder (vampire if you micro manage it so you make the build labor something like alchemy or something not used often FISH CLEANER? (what does that skill do anyways?) vampire builds the pyre, trapping him/herself and you add the bonfire reactions to it. Tada workshop burns itself and the trapped vampire/ chosen witch/ whatever in there.

SammyLiimex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry for being a bother again, what do I need to make armor for my pets? It says steel bars and I have 10, but its Red out still when I go to assemble pet armor coat at the creature armory

SammyLiimex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry for being a bother again, what do I need to make armor for my pets? It says steel bars and I have 10, but its Red out still when I go to assemble pet armor coat at the creature armory

Ignore me, its white now

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PS: The holy warrior will get a reaction to take out undeads for good. Dont know if it will work on the "undead" civ of zombies I have though. Cant make them properly undead, and still have them as a civ at the same time.

Yes, I guess so. I just wish some magma/fire solution would be good for those damn corpses raising and raising again. Atomsmashers are nice but fire would be more entertaining.
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually, the Cursed Urborg does not have any volcanoes at all. But that is something i can fix. I also need to do some fiddling around with the settings to get more viable placement points for all the FD civs. I want to be attacked by every single thing that DF and this mod have to offer :D

Also, why would the default history length of this be set to 1050 years? :o

I did now finally understand how you got the world gen to make just one huge evil region... It works by making the entire map basically be one biome, right?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 03:45:53 pm by CheatingChicken »
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 749