Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: A Dot In A Void (ISG) [Going Retro- Arcade!]  (Read 20152 times)

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
Re: A Dot In A Void (ISG) [Going Retro- Arcade!]
« Reply #165 on: October 15, 2017, 04:17:04 pm »

Would anyone mind if I did the "book-keeping" bit only when we change areas? I can get an update out today, if that's fine.

Actually, nevermind. This should be simple enough no matter what. Update in about an hour.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 04:27:46 pm by Doubloon-Seven »

Avanti!

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 15, 2017, 05:00:00 pm »

The Vehicle fires a shot, and Unit gives its opinions, as you conjure up a shield for protection.
"I would recommend creating some manner of weaponry. These beings do not seems to be very intelligent, given that the vehicle is making a pointless last stand, and the creatures as moving extremely slowly, and seem to be incapable of attack. My conclusion is that both sides are idiots, and are best to be avoided so that they may destroy each other without consequence."

You'd rather not attack, of course, so you ignore this. You also turn the void magenta. It looks awful, but hey. Why not?

Another creature is killed, and the vehicle begins moving. It appears none of the beings either care about your presence or notice you.

Spoiler: Yourself, Unnamed Dot (click to show/hide)

Avanti!

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #167 on: October 15, 2017, 06:53:29 pm »

make the purple transparent . Also in the main area, make a plant. moss will do.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 15, 2017, 10:23:32 pm »

Grab a couple of the aliens for further study / dissection, then leave this ugly place full of stupid things and go back to the central void, making a mental note to return and salvage from the battlefield whenever the radar says it's clear.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 15, 2017, 10:26:58 pm »

Once you come back to the White Void, create a metal bolt, attach a mini-radar to it, make a machine that logs what it senses, then fire it as fast as you can to pierce the walls. Make sure it doesn't disintegrate. Repeat in another direction. Make sure not to hit the cat.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 10:29:44 pm by KittyTac »
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 16, 2017, 12:44:20 am »

Grab a couple of the aliens for further study / dissection, then leave this ugly place full of stupid things and go back to the central void, making a mental note to return and salvage from the battlefield whenever the radar says it's clear.
Once you come back to the White Void, create a metal bolt, attach a mini-radar to it, make a machine that logs what it senses, then fire it as fast as you can to pierce the walls. Make sure it doesn't disintegrate. Repeat in another direction. Make sure not to hit the cat.
+1
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 16, 2017, 11:45:50 am »

We create more forks and tiny space ships for them, so forkkind can eventually dominate the stars one day.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 16, 2017, 12:50:42 pm »

This place doesn't need your input, you should just leave. Before you do, however, you turn the magenta to pale pink, for the sake of yoyur vision. You pack up a creature in a force field on the way out, though, for future study.

"Ah, capturing. Excellent idea."

You feel the urge to move some things around to clear space, and grow some moss upon the floating platform. Next, you create a mobile radar station, effectively just a rocket designed to bust through the walls between worlds, and upon consideration, you decide to send it east. Though, with such a fancy rocket, you may as well send some creatures along. You tell this to Unit, as Charles and Dan poke around the contained alien.

"I would recommend the creation of a new creature as a passenger, if you were to do suc-

"Hey, can I go on that fancy rocket? Huh? Can I?"

"I, personally, would prefer you sty here. This... creature is more than interesting enough."

"Aww, okay. Fine."

...Now that that's out of the way...

"Greetings, I am James!"

"Hello, I'm Ada."

Both of the "original cutleries" at once begin chatting, however, you butt in, create a shuttle pod for the two forks (Albeit one with some space-squishing to fit right and look nice), and send them away.

"Bye!"
    "Bon voyage!"

There they go. Time to read the radar uplink, which is totally in your head and not something the artist made up after he realized that you couldn't communicate with the ship. Sadly, descriptions are more simplistic, if taking in a bit more context.

READOUT:
    A battle between a metal vehicle and biological organisms.
    Laboratory, containing a chest of element an unknown element. High energy emissions fired at craft, successfully avoided.
    A large, shiny, red button. Above it are the words "Journeyventure Quest".
    Reverse space. Contains white space and black stars. High-decibel sonic shrieks detected. Passengers unharmed.

And so on, and so on.

Spoiler: Yourself, Unnamed Dot (click to show/hide)

Avanti!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #173 on: October 16, 2017, 12:53:31 pm »

Wait, shouldn't we be missing another corner? Did it grow back?

Anyway, let's check out the south now.
    « Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 12:56:33 pm by Maximum Spin »

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
    • Peering down at you
      • View Profile
    « Reply #174 on: October 16, 2017, 03:38:01 pm »

Before we leave, put force fields on all our allies, so that they will be safe if something dangerous enters our white void while we explore other areas.

Also, name our self Dovoid.
    Insert witty signature here

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #175 on: October 16, 2017, 03:48:05 pm »

Before we leave, put force fields on all our allies, so that they will be safe if something dangerous enters our white void while we explore other areas.
    +1, forcefield all the things
    Also, name our self Dovoid.
    Name it Do'Vo'Kor

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
    • hello
      • View Profile
    « Reply #176 on: October 16, 2017, 04:29:43 pm »

Rename 'Unit' as 'Urist.'
    They sound similar. And Urist is a unit of measure, and can also mean a dwarf on the units screen - that is, a unit.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
    • Strawberries!
      • View Profile
      • ignore pls!
    « Reply #177 on: October 16, 2017, 06:23:55 pm »

They sound similar. And Urist is a unit of measure, and can also mean a dwarf on the units screen - that is, a unit.
    +1
    Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #178 on: October 16, 2017, 07:59:36 pm »

+1, forcefield all the things
    +1, make sure the forcefields are invisible, too.

Try to remotely give the radar-rocket a forcefield as well.

+1
    +1

-1 to naming ourselves, though. Names are dangerous.
    Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
    *slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
    I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #179 on: October 16, 2017, 08:34:21 pm »

((OOC: Time for some plot, contained in a microupdate. It may be a false flag, it may be canonical, who knows.))

"There's something wrong."

"Oh, hush! What could possibly be wrong? The tests are going just fine."

"It's been over two weeks and it's hardly even considered the possibility of something as mundane as a name until now. The lesser beings are producing more results."

"They are supposed to be tests you know. Get on with your work."

"Fine. Just consider the problems."

"Don't worry. I'll get around to it. In fact, I'll boot up the next one just in case."

Avanti!
    Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13