Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 19 - Day 2 -Rebooting  (Read 70340 times)

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 19 - Day 1 - Back to the snow
« Reply #105 on: June 09, 2011, 05:45:07 pm »

First off: Kook?

Bottom of the rolelist, they look like Dopps to investigation. Basically miller.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 09, 2011, 06:16:23 pm »

Since Joker isn't here yet, Jim: what would your first priority be for capturing people as an Xenozoologist? What would your preferred techs be, for any role with tech?

Aliens. If you're the Xenozoologist that means there's at least one other alien, and probably only one other alien. It's a high priority to get him before he gets nightkilled or lynched and it becomes impossible to win.

Dopps and townies and psychic townies are easier to find, assuming you can live through to Day 5.

Also, there are a lot of roles with tech. I don't really feel like exhaustively answering that question, so I'll just answer for the Xenozoologist tech choice.

Stun bomb. Being able to delay the game by an extra day would be invaluable.

breadbocks. Who will you nightkill?
I see you what you did there.

Silly you, I don't get a night kill. I didn't get a NK role, nor a dopp role.

However, I'll read that as a hypothetical would. I'm not sure who I'd pick as a dopp, I'd let the people who have more experience with PM decide. Were I a vig or the like, I'd probably kill Dariush if he doesn't get lynched, since I've the impression of scumminess from him, thanks to the OMGUS and his weak arguments supporting it.

I like how you totally didn't answer LNCP's question.

My guess is it hits a little too close to home. What say you, breadbocks?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 09, 2011, 06:27:16 pm »

Bottom of the rolelist, they look like Dopps to investigation. Basically miller.

Ah, okay.

And why would you lie like that, eh?

Good job on dodging the question, by the way. Now, who are you really going to nightkill?

And while I'm at it, What about your vote? You've got the OMGUS so far, but you're not exactly racking it up against him. Going to build something substatial, or do you not want to get your hands dirty?

And why do you care, BD?

BD, you're online. Answer me.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 09, 2011, 06:47:56 pm »

However, I'll read that as a hypothetical would. I'm not sure who I'd pick as a dopp, I'd let the people who have more experience with PM decide. Were I a vig or the like, I'd probably kill Dariush if he doesn't get lynched, since I've the impression of scumminess from him, thanks to the OMGUS and his weak arguments supporting it.

In what way did I not answer it? I stated quite clearly, "I don't get a night kill." I "will" not kill anybody, due to not being able.

And why would you lie like that, eh?

Good job on dodging the question, by the way. Now, who are you really going to nightkill?

And while I'm at it, What about your vote? You've got the OMGUS so far, but you're not exactly racking it up against him. Going to build something substatial, or do you not want to get your hands dirty?
I don't know why I would lie like that, considering I'm not lying, there ya go. I'm really not going to be able to kill anybody tonight.

As for my vote, I am building something substantial. Key word: Building. I've not the willpower to spend every waking moment sifting word for word through someones posts, just to get the case published half an hour sooner.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 09, 2011, 06:55:50 pm »

In what way did I not answer it? I stated quite clearly, "I don't get a night kill." I "will" not kill anybody, due to not being able.

You understood it to be hypothetical and you still decided not to answer it, instead opting to equivocate about what your teammates would do.

That pansy-ass crap doesn't cut it. When you answer an RV you answer it boldly and solidly and firmly because what the hell do you have to lose by it? Nothing, unless you don't know any better and think answering RV questions will actually give yourself up.

It is, quite frankly, scummy to not answer a meaningless RV question. And what did you do? You totally didn't answer a meaningless RV question. What does that make you? Scummy.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 09, 2011, 07:47:43 pm »

I beg to differ. I feel "I'd ask those who know better than be what to do" is a perfectly valid answer, and I also answered for what I would do were I town aligned and thus had no advice. However, since it seems you people seem to frown on asking for help when you think it's needed, I'll tag "If you had to choose who to kill yourself" on the end of the question.

If I had to choose who to nightkill from a Dopp perspective, I'd say whoever was the most consistently active. Right now, I think that'd be Toaster, but I would probably  read back through the thread and see if I'd missed someone else.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 09, 2011, 07:48:37 pm »

BD:
Lordnincompoop What do you mean by "Who will you nightkill" how can you be so sure that Breadbocks even has a nightkill?

Now normally I would see this kind of question as you having an issue with LNCP's question.  However, it just feels like you're defending Bread here.  This is a RV question- why such a strong reaction to it?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #112 on: June 09, 2011, 10:00:16 pm »

Wait, I didn't change my vote? Unvote, vote Toaster.
Your last vote was for breakbocks, not that many posts before this one. When were you meaning to vote for Toaster? Because voting for him as you did looks reactionary.

If he admits his mistake I will consider it more forgivable.  I will also state that claiming kook at the start of a game is acceptable and users who argue about the topic are just causing confusion.
Why would admitting it help? Looks more like trying to give him an out.

I employed statistics only in my randomvote, which I was planning to change soon after. However, Toaster's vague accusation of me and weak justification of reusing tactic which nearly got him lynched changed it into a real vote.
Weaseling like this always seems suspicious to me. A vote is a vote, if you don't mean to at least go somewhere with the vote, then you really shouldn't be voting.

Harvey Janus Dent, what's worse, the Dalek exterminator, vig, or war vet?
Going to need a little more context on that. Exterminator is annoying for everyone, themselves included because they throw an extra element of randomness into the game and it's hard for them to win.

Vig is a theoretically powerful tool in town hands, but it is often misused. A Dopp Vig is basically a 'we win' button unless whatever extra oomph the town has to counter it is lucky (which isn't likely based on past experience).

War Vets are nice because of the slight possibility of hitting the Dopp kill, but there are too many actions for that to be the only outcome.

You really need to read some past Paranormal games. They're in almost all of them and play more of a central role in several then the average person would like.

Leading question? Check. Scummy.

Even if this reveals the likely (although not guaranteed, granted) prescence of a Xenologist?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 09, 2011, 10:07:14 pm »

Even if this reveals the likely (although not guaranteed, granted) prescence of a Xenologist?

Abductions reveal the presence of a Xenozoologist. Avoiding the stun bomb for that reason would be silly.

Even still, I'd save it for when I really needed it. Either the night before or after lylo, for some extra last minute abducting, or if I thought I was going to be nightkilled.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #114 on: June 09, 2011, 10:09:19 pm »

Abductions reveal the presence of a Xenozoologist. Avoiding the stun bomb for that reason would be silly.
Oh yeah. Duh. :-\
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 10, 2011, 12:50:09 am »

All right, I'm back. I was moving out of my dorm and into my new apartment, so calm down and such. Plus, you know how I am early in the game.

Jokerman-EXE: What dopp roles would you be most worried about? Alien roles?

Well, if experience has taught me anything, it's that a Dopp Vig is pretty damn scary (mwahaha). Dopp Leader also makes me uncomfortable because of its immunity to inspection. As far as Aliens go, Exterminators are a big deal. I guess Spore Spreaders change the game enough that I would pay attention to one, but that's only if I knew for a solid fact that we had one.

Now then, I think we're safely out of the RVS and all that. The wagon on Dariush, while understandable, has me worried. It's strange that so many people are willing to jump in and throw suspicion, even though only part of them are voting and no one has come back to say anything to Dariush's accusers. I'm not defending him by any means, but I find it strange that so many people are there but no one has opposed them.

Janus, why don't you tell me your list of suspicions? I notice that you comment on a lot of the things that are said, but you haven't voted and don't seem to be pushing any attacks. Just coasting through without any content.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 10, 2011, 03:15:35 am »

Dariush:
You didn't directly accuse me of being scum, but you implied it. Quite clearly implied it, actually. And now you're trying to pass it off like it wasn't an accusation.

Are you reading what I write?

I threw a weak implicit accusation at you, but didn't say specifically you were doing it.

How is me saying it was an accusation "trying to pass it off like it wasn't an accusation?"
Accusation - The act of accusing or charging with a crime or with a lighter offense.

You accused me = you called me scum. Whatever, let's not turn into grammar nazis.
I didn't make myself sufficiently clear - I voted for him because he employed the same tactic twice, and noted that it's highly improbable to be Kook twice to see how he will respond. I didn't vote for him because of statistics.

I employed statistics only in my randomvote, which I was planning to change soon after. However, Toaster's vague accusation of me and weak justification of reusing tactic which nearly got him lynched changed it into a real vote.
Make up your mind- why did you vote me?

Additionally, calling my "It worked last time" justification weak is absurd.
Because you 1) very nearly called me scum, then said you didn't (but fine, ignore this reason since it appears we were thinking different things about it) and 2) because you were almost lynched back then. Yes, it worked, but barely.

Hahaha. In my past two scum games, I've learned when to see a desperation OMGUS. You could at least try to hide it better. Unvote Darvi. Vote Dariush.
You're joking, right? I changed my vote after Meph's voteboard only because I forgot to change it earlier. How the hell is this an OMGUS?
Your last vote was for breakbocks, not that many posts before this one. When were you meaning to vote for Toaster? Because voting for him as you did looks reactionary.
I forgot to change it back because I thought I voted for breadbocks first, and then for Toaster, so my vote was already on him. Apparently, it wasn't so.
Weaseling like this always seems suspicious to me. A vote is a vote, if you don't mean to at least go somewhere with the vote, then you really shouldn't be voting.
A vote isn't a vote when it is a randomvote. Last game I accompanied it by a question of 'What is your favorite colour?' and nobody seemed to mind...

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 10, 2011, 04:58:56 am »

Sorry for the delays, doing my midterm in packing and moving out right now.

Going to throw down some RVS junk and actually read tomorrow:

Toaster, who would be your favorite scumbuddy?
JimGroovester, who would be your least favorite scumbuddy?
Jokerman-EXE, what do you consider the minimum amount of activity necessary for a person to be useful? Do you intend to exceed it, meet it precisely, or do less than it?
MBP, what third party do you fear most?
Dariush, what role would you most fear as a Doppelganger?
ToonyMan, what role would you least fear as a Doppelganger?
Think0028, what third party would you most like to be?
Lordnin, what third party would you least like to be?
Bdthemag, what role would you fear most as town?
Darvi, what role would you fear least as town?
Janus, do you feel these questions are helpful?
breadbocks, who is scum?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 10, 2011, 05:05:42 am »

If I'm the one chosen for attack, war vet or vengeful guard. Otherwise agent or detective.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 10, 2011, 05:09:52 am »

JimGroovester, who would be your least favorite scumbuddy?

You.

Suck it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24