Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 19 - Day 2 -Rebooting  (Read 70551 times)

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 19 - Day 1 - Back to the snow
« Reply #90 on: June 09, 2011, 12:38:20 pm »

Maybe it's just me, but 'highly improbable' sounds like a statistical argument, Dariush. Do you have any other questions for Toaster? You're pressing a bad argument pretty hard there.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 09, 2011, 01:19:49 pm »

I employed statistics only in my randomvote, which I was planning to change soon after. However, Toaster's vague accusation of me and weak justification of reusing tactic which nearly got him lynched changed it into a real vote.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 09, 2011, 02:28:25 pm »

Dariush:
You didn't directly accuse me of being scum, but you implied it. Quite clearly implied it, actually. And now you're trying to pass it off like it wasn't an accusation.

Are you reading what I write?

I threw a weak implicit accusation at you, but didn't say specifically you were doing it.

How is me saying it was an accusation "trying to pass it off like it wasn't an accusation?"

Further...

I didn't make myself sufficiently clear - I voted for him because he employed the same tactic twice, and noted that it's highly improbable to be Kook twice to see how he will respond. I didn't vote for him because of statistics.

I employed statistics only in my randomvote, which I was planning to change soon after. However, Toaster's vague accusation of me and weak justification of reusing tactic which nearly got him lynched changed it into a real vote.

Make up your mind- why did you vote me?

Additionally, calling my "It worked last time" justification weak is absurd.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 09, 2011, 02:44:37 pm »

Wait, I didn't change my vote? Unvote, vote Toaster.
Hahaha. In my past two scum games, I've learned when to see a desperation OMGUS. You could at least try to hide it better. Unvote Darvi. Vote Dariush.

Darvi: I still want those links.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 09, 2011, 03:26:58 pm »

ToonyBroski, now that you've got a role you can answer the second part of my RV on you.

Also, Dariush is more than worth a vote, but I don't like early bandwagons. They make me nervous.

Unvote, Jokerman-EXE, lurk lurk lurk lurking lurker lurkdong lurkwin?

If he admits his mistake I will consider it more forgivable.

I don't understand what you're trying to do here. How will him admitting his mistake make what he did any less scummy?

Hahaha. In my past two scum games, I've learned when to see a desperation OMGUS. You could at least try to hide it better. Unvote Darvi. Vote Dariush.

Hahaha, and in your last two scum games you've been caught doing stuff exactly like this.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 09, 2011, 03:41:08 pm »

If he admits his mistake I will consider it more forgivable.
I don't understand what you're trying to do here. How will him admitting his mistake make what he did any less scummy?
At the time I was thinking it would show that he is being more cooperative and therefore more likely town.

ToonyBroski, now that you've got a role you can answer the second part of my RV on you.
Also, say you're an Agent Operative. What's your loadout?
Assassin bot, for the late-game dopp kill.  Personal Shield, for protection.  Scanner, for helpful inspections.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 09, 2011, 04:35:21 pm »

Wait, I didn't change my vote? Unvote, vote Toaster.

Darvi: I still want those links.
You were voting for me? Never.

Joking aside, the games I can find right now are BYOR 7, RP Mafia(fuck you guys), and Vengeful 7.

Darvi:  Any particular reason why?

Because a Spore spreader can still win if he's dead, if I understood the role description correctly. I seem to have taken up a habit of getting NK'd in late game lately.

MBP has been offline since almost a month. Just so Meph knows.

Harvey Janus Dent, what's worse, the Dalek exterminator, vig, or war vet?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 09, 2011, 04:55:37 pm »

MBP has been offline since almost a month. Just so Meph knows.

Hmmm. Thanks. I'll send him a PM and if he doesn't respond I'll replace him.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 09, 2011, 04:58:27 pm »

First off: Kook?

- lordnincompoop, who do you think the easiest 2 people are to read in this game?

I'd say breadbocks, since he's still rather new to this game and I'm reasonably familiar with his play, and Think for the same reasons, but on a lesser extent.

LNCP:  If you were a telepath, what circumstances would make you claim early?

If I could guarantee a dopp lynch, save someone important or not run the risk of getting shot at.

breadbocks. Who will you nightkill?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 09, 2011, 05:07:27 pm »

Lordnincompoop What do you mean by "Who will you nightkill" how can you be so sure that Breadbocks even has a nightkill?
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 09, 2011, 05:13:21 pm »

Lordnincompoop What do you mean by "Who will you nightkill" how can you be so sure that Breadbocks even has a nightkill?

The question is exactly as stated. I don't know if he has a nightkill, but that isn't the central thing here.

And why do you care, BD?

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 09, 2011, 05:19:40 pm »

breadbocks. Who will you nightkill?
I see you what you did there.

Silly you, I don't get a night kill. I didn't get a NK role, nor a dopp role.

However, I'll read that as a hypothetical would. I'm not sure who I'd pick as a dopp, I'd let the people who have more experience with PM decide. Were I a vig or the like, I'd probably kill Dariush if he doesn't get lynched, since I've the impression of scumminess from him, thanks to the OMGUS and his weak arguments supporting it.

Hmm...

Jokerman: Is there a particular reason you're being so quiet? It's kinda hard to get a read on someone who's not there.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 09, 2011, 05:21:51 pm »

You are thinking very cautiously Breadbock.  That will be a FoS for you, I believe you may be compensating for your dopp-ness.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 09, 2011, 05:24:40 pm »

Since Joker isn't here yet, Jim: what would your first priority be for capturing people as an Xenozoologist? What would your preferred techs be, for any role with tech?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 09, 2011, 05:30:53 pm »

The Whiteboard
breadbocks: lordnincompoop
Dariush: breadbocks, Toaster, ToonyMan
JanusTwoface: Darvi
Jokerman-EXE: Jim Groovester, Think0028
Toaster: Bdthemag, Dariush

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Friday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24