Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 956377 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Null
« Reply #2100 on: February 06, 2013, 09:21:10 am »

We've come a long way since the days all you needed to be top dog was a Garstorpit and the will to use it. Now everyone's usin' them newfangled staves and turnin' themselves into lightnin' or somethin'.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: February 06, 2013, 09:43:30 am »

At least you learned something, one word spells are terrible very limited!

+1 Potency!

"Too down, infineetee to go!"

While the lady is attempting to strangle the man with the sword, sneak up and garstorpit-garstorpit both of them at point-blank range! If that fails, explain that I meant to do that, apologize and retreat!

((Better to be hunted like an animal than live in mediocrity, I always say. I'll have to find a healing spell of some kind soon. After all, without some kind of healing magic, anybody who fights other people will be so much toast when their luck runs out.))
You tip toe a few feet from to the domestic dispute in progress and peek out of behind a pillar just long enough to unload a double barrel blast of your favorite word on Stab-omeo and strangle-uliet.
[pot:6+1]
[Mira end:2]
[Jared end:3]
There is an audible otherworldly scream of a noise as the air around Jared and Mira blackens into a tarry soup and both are lost in the loose globule of poisonous darkness. Two tiny pin pricks of light drift out of the slowly churning mass before it even has time to disperse. When it's gone there is nothing left but a raw black divot in the ground and two less people.

[Mira and Jared are dead. Garth Gains two points.]

NB:  It was the same word twice, but from my experience, 1) the same word twice doesn't seem to make much difference, especially with an element word 2) they probably would have died anyway with those rolls.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #2102 on: February 06, 2013, 10:48:48 am »

More stuff.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: February 06, 2013, 11:33:57 am »

I know the crowd wants a greater demon, but I'm thoroughly confused by the results of the last turn- NOT at all what I was expecting.

However, I know how to weaponize it now.

"Oh Nullimus, why do you continue to elude me?"

Magical Plan DOOOOOM!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: February 06, 2013, 12:28:04 pm »

say words

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2105 on: February 06, 2013, 01:57:47 pm »

I wanted to do a turn now but I ran out of time. I'll give you something though, to keep you tided over till this afternoon.

The coming stuff is indeed a larger world.

It's structure is that of several large, interconnected areas, something like what dark souls did.

There are 16 of these areas, and one hidden one.

So far I have completely worked out 6 of these (Ie gotten their maps all drawn out and everything set up for them.)

These areas are broken down into sub areas to travel through and interact with. So far there are a 135 of them.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: February 06, 2013, 02:04:50 pm »

That's... quite large. Humongous, even. How large is one sub-area, in terms of arena floors?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: February 06, 2013, 02:12:46 pm »

135 sub areas, and only major areas are completely done?  You're certainly dialing this up to 11.

Could we get an OP waitlist update, please, especially if some people die this turn?

BTW feel free to help me with Null, but I don't recommend getting close to him this turn.  I may or may not be shooting a boosted black hole at him.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: February 06, 2013, 02:18:50 pm »

If it's going to be so huge... Shouldn't the player count be increased to make it more intresting?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: February 06, 2013, 02:39:15 pm »

It will.

I'm gonna do a turn here in a bit, I'm currently working on the stuffs for what happens after...things...Secret secret secrets.

But on the plus side I can tell ya that In the relatively near future, assuming someone kills Null, There will be more player spots open at a time. I'm thinking...15 or so. If I can handle that without a problem, more will open up.

This is mostly because, well, you'll see.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: February 06, 2013, 02:50:15 pm »

HOLY JESUS.

IT'S MANIFEST DESTINY BABY AND WE'RE TAKING ALL THE LAND
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: February 06, 2013, 03:46:14 pm »

"C'mon Null, you can't kill me now. I've become huge and soft wood, and once I get this staff, I'll be able to become hard at will! Just think of all of the jokes we could make!"

Ooze over to the staff and absorb it inside of me. Will the center of my body to solidify around it, making a solid core. If Null tries anything like that again, exsanguinate him with the staff.

((If after all this I just end up draining the guy of blood in self defense, I'm going to die laughing. Also, I'm hoping that even if I'm ruthlessly blown apart, I'll be able to will myself back together as long as the core's intact.))
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 05:02:18 pm by Wwolin »
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: February 06, 2013, 04:16:17 pm »

Holy balls... if theres 136 sub areas now theres gonna be like 550 if he keeps the trend  :o
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: February 06, 2013, 06:36:53 pm »

Thats some subtle marketing there GWG.
It is, isn't it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: February 06, 2013, 07:56:40 pm »

Action.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 435