Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 963163 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!

I assume he means that they're just looking for a quick cash boost from it, so it's probably low quality.

I assume.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile

I read that as George W Bush :v
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I assume he means that they're just looking for a quick cash boost from it, so it's probably low quality.

I assume.
I'd say that they just took a normal codex and split it in two parts to be sold separately, so it's most likely of the same quality as the Skitarii one.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Yesterday I received the first two novels of the Horus Heresy series in the mail. Been reading the first one for a bit and have been enjoying it so far.

However, I have one huge problem: they are both written by different authors. How will I organize these books in my bookcase D:

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

Chronologically.

Also, why is there no 'Dark machine god' that the chaos cults can worship? I feel like the most industrious of the chaos gods is Khorne and that really just doesn't seem to give the right impression.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yesterday I received the first two novels of the Horus Heresy series in the mail. Been reading the first one for a bit and have been enjoying it so far.

However, I have one huge problem: they are both written by different authors. How will I organize these books in my bookcase D:

H, for Horus (or if you like, Mr. Heresy)? That, or rearrange your entire setup so you can have them in series order.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

At the bottom we have plastic bags, Lee Child and Manga.

Edit: Shrinkage.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 11:35:36 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Plastic bags? I love that book!
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Chronologically.

Also, why is there no 'Dark machine god' that the chaos cults can worship? I feel like the most industrious of the chaos gods is Khorne and that really just doesn't seem to give the right impression.

Most of the Dark Mechanicus forces still worship Deus Machina, but they believe the Orthodox Cult of the Machine is the heretical branch and denounce the limitations they place on the pursuit of knowledge, which was part of the ideological schism on Mars during the Horus Heresy. Some are atheists who denounce all gods and serve chaos for the same reason the Night Lords and Iron Warriors do. Some just worship whatever chaos gods they most closely associate with.

Some chaos marines in the novels pray to Tzeentch for matters related to technology, not sure why.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe they can just serve minor Chaos gods, you know, the warp entities that are above demon-level but not as powerful as the Big Four.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile

Chronologically.

So far as I can tell;

Old Mechanicus venerated the Omnissiah

Loyalists venerate the EMPRAH as the Omnissiah

DarkMec venerates Chaos Undivided as the Omnissiah

It doesn't make a terrible amount of sense why the Dark Mech does this, but then again it doesn't make sense why someone would worship Khorne in the first place.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile

Yeaaaa, I can understand the dark mechanicus that refuse the emprah as the omnissiah due to the imperium's imposed limitations on technology and AI and glorification of humanity, but techpriests worshipping chaos makes little sense, even in context. Chaos doesnt have anything to do with technology and is a lot more about emotion and faith rather then logical thinking and reason. I guess if they're tainted/corrupted by chaos, but otherwise there isn't much reason to worship any chaos god or even chaos undivided in the context of the cult mechanicus.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

They do have that whole soul forge stuff don't they? And demons make good replacements for machine spirits
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 824