Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 964331 times)

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #1800 on: September 26, 2015, 07:50:39 pm »

Depends on how many people live in the chaos strongholds really, there are chaos hive worlds and such after all, and they don't have to obey the laws of physics or time the way that humans outside the Warp do, so there could be untold trillions of people in the various stable warp storms.

The Imperium certainly controls the bulk of humans in realspace though.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: September 26, 2015, 08:24:26 pm »

I think there's some >1% out there who isn't Imperium, Chaos or Tau.
The Tau can't account for that much, but I'd imagine Chaos has a fair few. However even so those planets aren't exactly 'Heretic owned'. That doesn't seem to be the faction's MO.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: September 26, 2015, 08:38:25 pm »

I was barely even bothering to account for the Tau. Sure, they might end up holding maybe half a percent of the Imperium's previous planets by the end of the Third Sphere Expansion(which, granted, would still be something like 5,000 new worlds), but...well. Half a percent.

If you're counting by the numbers, I suspect somewhere around 90-96% of humans are allegedly (lots of impudent governors and half-forgotten worlds) ruled over by the Imperium. Number goes down a bit, maybe 86-90%, if you're going by settled areas(aka Hive Worlds don't overweight the balance or whatever) or the like.

I'm mostly thinking those worlds so far out there even the Rogue Traders have difficulty reaching them. Sure, it's out of the Emperor's Light, but so's a lot of shit. The Xenos manage it. Humanity spread to the stars before there was the Astronomicon, with Warp Engines. Plus, a lot of the places might be simple, self-sufficient, and the like.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: September 27, 2015, 08:19:29 pm »

Question is their a reason almost all Sisters of battle have grey/white hair? Are they old/genetically altered or is it just an ascetic that nerds like old women?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1804 on: September 27, 2015, 08:29:52 pm »

Young ones don't get power armour, old ones do. And by old, in the 100s. Several generational lifetimes worth of combat experience.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: September 27, 2015, 08:33:43 pm »

Young ones don't get power armour, old ones do. And by old, in the 100s. Several generational lifetimes worth of combat experience.

Minus the Wrinkles. So do the young ones get no armor or do they get Flak armor such as the Imperial Guards?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: September 27, 2015, 08:35:39 pm »

Probably higher grade stuff like Carapace.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1807 on: September 27, 2015, 08:37:57 pm »

Minus the Wrinkles. So do the young ones get no armor or do they get Flak armor such as the Imperial Guards?
Rejuvenation treatments keep you looking 30 when you're really as old as the Emperor's armpits. They probably ran out of hair dye in the grim darkness of the 41st millennium though. All that ammonia is probably being used to make artillery shells.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: September 27, 2015, 08:44:44 pm »

Rejuvenation treatments keep you looking 30 when you're really as old as the Emperor's armpits. They probably ran out of hair dye in the grim darkness of the 41st millennium though. All that ammonia is probably being used to make artillery shells.

I laughed at this and I appreciate it.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: September 27, 2015, 08:45:25 pm »

If I remember correctly only one subset of Sisters of Battle has everyone with white hair, while the other orders don't care or have more normal hair colours. But obviously the white-haired Sisters are the postergirls for the faction, otherwise we wouldn't be having this discussion right now.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: September 27, 2015, 08:50:12 pm »

Ya but I always ask: Why?

Don't get me wrong i'm not using my pickel as a plunger here (Trying to keep it PG for forum rules) but it seems like their too much of a poster girl. I keep seeing the same ones to be honest and it makes me wonder if the rest don't exist or just die off somewhere. It feels like they could really do something with these peeps but nothing is ever really done with them.

I have the faith and fire book (havent read it due to school) simply because I wanted to know how they react to stuff in this world. IG from what I gather are basically like "Our life sucks but we'll push through!" and I'm wondering how the dialogue for these girls will be "This is horrible but because of my friends faith I shall endure!".

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: September 27, 2015, 08:58:32 pm »

Well, why are the Knights of the Toiletseat the posterboys for Space Marines? Same reason.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: September 27, 2015, 09:04:57 pm »

Because the Order of the Bloody Rose is the archtypical Sisters of Battle, same as Ultramarines get disproportionately represented. Even more so, because the Sisters are much less fleshed out and haven't been the focus of GW. How do you recognise a Sister of Battle? White hair, red armour. Easy identification.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: September 27, 2015, 09:19:58 pm »

Yeah, must be a 'stand apart' thing.
MY HAIR IS WHITE LIKE MY PURITY IN MY FAITH.

Who knows if they'll get another codex.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: September 27, 2015, 09:54:49 pm »

I think Matt Ward killed them all before departing GW. So probably no.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 05:50:03 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 824