Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 964190 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #3525 on: April 02, 2016, 08:00:44 am »

Uh...
the C'tan wins, hands down. They're basically gods.
Avatar of Khaine vs C'tan Shard:
well that's a fight you could actually field on tabletop (and I think it comes down to: does he get in sword-range? Then yes.

Khaine himself vs a C'tan.... I'll palm that question onto someone with more lore knowledge.

Playing an Apoc game.
For once nobody was taking superheavies. Even token power gamer roomate was giving the whole "not actually gonna field a wraithknight this time".
Just saw his list. Wraithknight.
It's almost like he planned to bait us out of taking superheavy killers.

This is the reason Emprah gave us the Leman Russ Vanquisher. 130(?) points, bs3  (and I think) strength D
Ahaha, I wish.
They're BS3 S8 AP2 Heavy 1 Armorbane. (Ergo; coinflip>coinflip>Invul+>FNP+>1/6 wounds)
The only IG str: D is a shadowsword baneblade.
Which I'll never get because that's basically giving in to peer pressure.

(I am the biggest WH40k conservative. My gaming group hates it because I give them stink-eye when they field superheavies, and sometimes actively refuse to play when they bring forgeworld.
I'm actually pretty torn up about it tbh. I'm the only person I know with these 'ideals'.)

So yeah, It was 2v2v2 and wraithknight-guys ally decided to bring a Revenant Fucking Titan.
Bullshit for days.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 08:51:42 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: April 02, 2016, 08:03:32 am »

Khaine himself vs a C'tan.... I'll palm that question onto someone with more lore knowledge.
Khaine was shattered into pieces when Slaanesh went on his warpath against the Eldar pantheon. His only presence is in the Avatars of Khaine.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: April 02, 2016, 08:17:58 am »

Well that wasn't at all what I was after.
Well
During the War in Heaven, Khaine fought and defeated the Nightbringer, shattering his necrodermis into pieces
There we go. Khaine wins.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #3528 on: April 02, 2016, 08:35:45 am »

Well that wasn't at all what I was after.
Well
During the War in Heaven, Khaine fought and defeated the Nightbringer, shattering his necrodermis into pieces
There we go. Khaine wins.
Pre-fall Khaine. He doesn't really exist as a separate being, although most C'Tan aren't in better shape. If you're askin specifically pre-fall, then it's proably balanced in slight favour of Khaine, but it depends on C'tan in question.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: April 02, 2016, 08:48:14 am »

Seeing as there would literally be no way to set up a 1v1 in the current "all Eldar gods are dead,, shattered or enslaved, all C'tan are dead, shattered and enslaved"  canon...
Yeah, I'm talking pre-fall.

But after doing some browsing the Necrons and Eldar have different ideas re: the war in heaven.
Not sure that the Eldar gods were mature enough to take on the C'tan, before the Necrobs turned against them.
So possibly a Khaine v C'tan fight could only exist as a hypothetical.
Doesn't make the "he's shattered so your question is invalid" statement any more helpful .
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 08:57:31 am by Tack »

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: April 02, 2016, 09:01:19 am »

Pre-Fall Khaine defeated the Nightbringer, generally considered one of the stronger C'tan in single combat, but was embedded with shards of the Nightbringer's necrodermis in the process.

sidenote - I think the necrodermis corruption is why Khaine broke into shards himself during the Fall. Given the fluff for C'tan shards and Ferrus Manus it seems reasonable to assume. /sidenote

An Avatar of Khaine vs a C'tan Shard on the other hand, well, based on their tabletop stats a Shard is stronger and tougher, but slower and less skilled in battle than the Avatar. In theory the Avatar can defeat them in one on one close combat easily, but C'tan do have some really nasty reality warping attacks that could lay the Avatar out before he can reach it.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: April 02, 2016, 10:44:58 am »

Here's a pretty obscure lore question: Did the Fall affect the prevalence of the Enslavers?
Or were they already basically gone by then?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3532 on: April 02, 2016, 11:23:28 am »

Here's a pretty obscure lore question: Did the Fall affect the prevalence of the Enslavers?
Or were they already basically gone by then?

Enslavers stopped being prevalent after the mass extinction following their initial incursion into realspace. By the time the Fall rolled around they had diminished to roughly the levels they exist at in the 41st millenium.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: April 02, 2016, 01:41:36 pm »

It takes a primarch to punch down Khaine,
and it takes one fabulous ultramarine captain( Cato Sicarius) to defeat nightbringer.
If we use space marines as measure awesomeness then Khaine is more cool.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: April 02, 2016, 02:16:01 pm »

Neither of those are right.
Nightbringer (back when nightbringer was a model) was really fucked up for the time.
Currently would be a Lord of War, I bet.

As for how an Avatar of Khaine currently does against a primarch, I think the bloody-handed god would smack any one of them down as an afterthought.

These loyalists, tho. Such hubris.

Edit: holy crap I only just realized that with the stats on Skarbrand, a Primarch could probably hurt Khorne.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 02:21:48 pm by Tack »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: April 02, 2016, 03:23:09 pm »

I should clarify I meant a C'tan shard, not a whole C'tan.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: April 02, 2016, 03:26:13 pm »

As for how an Avatar of Khaine currently does against a primarch, I think the bloody-handed god would smack any one of them down as an afterthought.

An Avatar of Khaine gets killed by Fulgrim in one of the HH novels. Avatars are strong, but not really any stronger than a Greater Daemon.

holy crap I only just realized that with the stats on Skarbrand, a Primarch could probably hurt Khorne.

But Skarbrand didn't even hurt Khorne, he just chipped his armour. Skarbrand is also probably weaker since being cast out. He was supposed to be the strongest of all daemons at his height, enough so that the other gods viewed him with a measure of fear and he could defeat all other bloodthirsters in battle. Compare his stats to Ann'Grath who is considerably stronger than Skarbrand is at the moment.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: April 02, 2016, 03:54:32 pm »

Yea, a avatar of khaine is roughly around the power level of a greater daemon. Basically an eldar equivalent of a bloodthirster, only maybe more skilled. Any living primarch can punch out either of those out of existence. On c'tan shards, i'm not sure, but considering Khaine was scary enough to have been a threat for the chaos gods, his full self could prob easily face any full c'tan, and he did beat the nightbringer. The C'tan are powerful, but not thaaaaat powerful cosmically speaking, if we take into account the emprah himself punched the void dragon (or what was left of him) into slumber, without suffering much from the fight, if the legends are to be believed.

Didn't Lorgar beat up a raging avatar of khaine by himself in pre-heresy times? I remember reading something about it.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 03:57:01 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: April 02, 2016, 04:03:24 pm »

Yea, a avatar of khaine is roughly around the power level of a greater daemon. Basically an eldar equivalent of a bloodthirster, only maybe more skilled.

Same level of skill (both are WS10 in tabletop) but the Avatar is faster (I10 like a Keeper of Secrets). The Avatar is more or less a cross between a Bloodthirster and a Keeper of Secrets.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: April 02, 2016, 04:03:46 pm »

The C'tan almost single-handedly exterminated the old ones.
But, admittedly, at the time they were roided up on Necron souls.

I should clarify I meant a C'tan shard, not a whole C'tan.

Avatar of Khaine vs C'tan Shard:
Well that's a fight you could actually field on tabletop (and I think it comes down to: does Avatar get in sword-range? Then yes.)
An Avatar of Khaine vs a C'tan Shard on the other hand, well, based on their tabletop stats a Shard is stronger and tougher, but slower and less skilled in battle than the Avatar. In theory the Avatar can defeat them in one on one close combat easily, but C'tan do have some really nasty reality warping attacks that could lay the Avatar out before he can reach it.
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 824