Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 964522 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #5265 on: August 09, 2016, 02:11:58 pm »

:/ I think it needs reminding that the Damocles crusade which slammed into Tau space was a Crusade - EG- The greatest logistically feasible fighting force the Imperium can put together.

The fact that the Tau ground it to a stalemate means that the Imperium cannot 'bitch slap' the Tau away.
First, I bet that if you put something the Imperium REALLY wanted on a planet somewhere you could see something a hell of a lot bigger then the Damocles Crusade coming to get it. If you convinced some important people there was a complete STC on T'au, I guarantee the Tau would have a bigger problem on their hands. But second, you misunderstand what it means to say the Imperium could "bitchslap the Tau away". Answer me this: What would have happened to the Tau had they lost that war? Do you think they would still exist as a relevant faction? The Tau are one war of extermination away from defeat, and that is what someone means when they say the Imperium could bitchslap the Tau. The Imperium has the capacity to eradicate the Tau, even if it meant that the Imperium could only win a Pyrrhic victory and suffer on all other fronts. The Imperium couldn't eradicate, say, Chaos, or the Eldar, but the Tau could be totally wiped out.
Tau technology is nowhere as advanced as even great crusade era tech, calling them nearly dark age of technology level advanced is kinda strange.
In fairness, Tau do have some Dark-age Era tech, but only stuff like terraforming (the only terraforming the Imperium does is with Cyclonic Torpedoes). But yeah, the Tau don't have access to Dark-age era weaponry or anything supremely useful for winning in the 42nd Millenium.

Also, to show that I'm not Kot and I don't viscerally hate the Tau on principle or anything, I'm excited for when Battlefleet Gothic: Armada releases the Tau faction. I enjoy that game immensely, and I'm curious to see what they can do with them. Tau can be interesting when done right.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5266 on: August 09, 2016, 02:21:38 pm »

In fairness, Tau do have some Dark-age Era tech, but only stuff like terraforming (the only terraforming the Imperium does is with Cyclonic Torpedoes).
This is misinformed. Terraforming is by all accounts a known and widespread technology, but no faction other than the Tau and the Tyranids have any need to terraform planets. The age of terraforming for humans has come and past. Why do you think there are so many earthlike worlds in the galaxy?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #5267 on: August 09, 2016, 02:24:50 pm »

Hey! I don't hate them either and I also look forward ramming and boarding their puny ships with the full might of Imperial Navy and Space Marines!
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5268 on: August 09, 2016, 02:25:49 pm »

Dude we get it you really like humanity, fuck
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5269 on: August 09, 2016, 02:32:15 pm »

Every time that Kot and Rolepgeek start talking as if they were part of the Imperium or Tau, I do an orky post to satirize their arguments.

Green is best!
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5270 on: August 09, 2016, 02:33:48 pm »

Dude we get it you really like humanity, fuck
And so he does right. Because it would be extra wrong, and extra heresy to not do so!
Every time that Kot and Rolepgeek start talking as if they were part of the Imperium or Tau, I do an orky post to satirize their arguments
That's heresy too...

Green is best!
Pfff.... everyone knows the red goes fasta.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5271 on: August 09, 2016, 02:39:06 pm »

ORK IZ BEST 'EGARDLES YA GIT
'UMIES MAKE GUD SHOOTAS THO, IZ TOO BAD THEYZ NOT GREEN OR BIG, BUT THEYZ ALWAYS GUD SPORT, BETTER THAN DA PANSIES AND DA PUNY GREYSKINS
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5272 on: August 09, 2016, 02:41:03 pm »

'UMIES MAKE GUD SHOOTAS THO, IZ TOO BAD THEYZ NOT GREEN OR BIG, BUT THEYZ ALWAYS GUD SPORT, BETTER THAN DA PANSIES AND DA PUNY GREYSKINS

You know... If there was one group you would think would respect their enemies it would be the Orks

Ignoring that Orks kind of suffer heavily from "Too popular for their own good" from what little I've seen.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5273 on: August 09, 2016, 02:44:37 pm »

Red goes fasta, blue is luckier, black is dead 'ard, yellow is flashiest, white is death, but green is orkiest.

You know... If there was one group you would think would respect their enemies it would be the Orks

Ignoring that Orks kind of suffer heavily from "Too popular for their own good" from what little I've seen.
Why would orks respect their enemies? Orks always win.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #5274 on: August 09, 2016, 02:47:05 pm »

Orks are cool and straightforward, they want to fight like good Xenos should, instead of this "Greated Wood" bullshit.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5275 on: August 09, 2016, 02:49:18 pm »

They do respect Yarrick, even Ghazkul refused to kill him when he got captured once, because "iz hard tha find gud fings to fight nowadayz, and orkz alwayz needz sum gud fings tha fight"
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5276 on: August 09, 2016, 02:50:53 pm »

Red goes fasta, blue is luckier, black is dead 'ard, yellow is flashiest, white is death, but green is orkiest.
Notice 'ow ye can't see purple in dat list? Dat's how sneaky purple is.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5277 on: August 09, 2016, 02:51:12 pm »

Why would orks respect their enemies? Orks always win.

What I find funny about this is it is sort of self-defeating... but it makes so much sense from a psychological standpoint.

It reminds me of a old movie I watched about this villain who is nearly all powerful, no one can close to defeating him. Yet the only thing he wants is to find someone who can defeat him because being invincible is kind of boring. Yet every time someone who is about to defeat him appears he wimps out and cheats in some fashion to win... He wants someone to defeat him but he doesn't want to lose.

The Orks think themselves the best and that they always win. Yet their entire lives rely on finding opponents that will not go down so easily.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5278 on: August 09, 2016, 02:54:24 pm »

Orks exist literally only to fight. It's what gets their rocks off. Them exploding your guts out is a compliment. Killing them is returning it.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #5279 on: August 09, 2016, 02:54:32 pm »

One Waaaaagh Ork.
Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 824