Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 425 426 [427] 428 429 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 964285 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: WH40K thread: wait, 40K has religious overtones?! THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!
« Reply #6390 on: September 08, 2016, 08:43:55 pm »

But really, only the Tau client/assimilated races aren't assholes
But they aaaarrrrreeeeeeeeee...
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6391 on: September 08, 2016, 08:47:26 pm »

When were the Demiurg assholes?
Or the Nicassar?

If those races were true assholes, they wouldn't have been able to be assimilated. Most of the way we know the Nagi are is the mind-control and he advising Ethereals.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6392 on: September 08, 2016, 08:49:41 pm »

*There are three ways the Imperium can win:
1. Russ finds the Fruit of Life and resurrects the Emperor
2. The Omnicopeia is discovered
3. Humanity evolves into a fully psychic race
There's more though.
Beating Dark Eldar and getting Panacea back.
Installing TTS Device on Golden Throne.
Literally simply out-drowning everyone with Guardsmen.
Some other shit proably I forgot about.
-JUSTAS PLANNDU Emps auto revives as chaos descends on Terra because he's always been a perpetual and impales all four Chaos Gods at the pinnacle of their triumph in that single moment of vulnerability while laughing at their stupidity.

-Magnus finally gets over himself and saves humanity by powering the Golden Throne.

-Humanity awakens as their true selves: A Tyranid seeding organism.

-Necrons sever the warp, awkward staring contests with Blanks until the heat death of the universe.

-After 12 millennia of desperate delaying, procrastinating, and sighing in frustrated resignation the Eldar finally accept that they aren't relevant and hand over the key to reviving the Emperor.

- Russ, Vulkan, Khan, Corax, Rogal, and maybe Girlyman manage to not all kill each other and bring about MAXIMUM EFFICIENCY.
They hate humanity, therefore they must die.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6393 on: September 08, 2016, 08:53:50 pm »

But really, only the Tau client/assimilated races aren't assholes
But they aaaarrrrreeeeeeeeee...
Does anyone else hear a wailing baby? I think I hear a wailing baby. :P
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6394 on: September 08, 2016, 08:54:07 pm »

...no, they don't. They actually sell minerals and the like to Imperial governors on the fringe, and usually just leave without much complaint when told to leave Imperial space. It's Orks they hate

EDIT: oh, and Tau beta is out for BFG:A
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 08:58:26 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6395 on: September 08, 2016, 08:58:51 pm »

They replaced Squats.
Or the Nicassar?
"Very flat polar bears".

Seriously though, they never were because there is literally... next to nothing about them. Demiurg are shitty space dwarves (worse than Squats) and Nicassar are "very flat, very round, vaguely ursine-like" with psychic powers. That's all we know.
So while we don't know if they are actually assholes or not, I say they are because they work with Tau and that kills people.

If those races were true assholes, they wouldn't have been able to be assimilated. Most of the way we know the Nagi are is the mind-control and he advising Ethereals.
Tau literally despited Nagi and had wars with them before they got their asses handed to them and vouched for peace though.

Does anyone else hear EXTREME HERESY? I think I hear EXTREME HERESY.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6396 on: September 08, 2016, 08:59:26 pm »

Speaking of Orks, I wonder what's new with them and Hive Fleet Leviathan.

Honestly, both of them are probably having an absolutely fabulous time! The Orks gets to do sum roight proppa' big game huntin', and the 'Nids gets to stuff their face with highly nutritious free-range mushroom steak. I bet the 'Nid-infested systems are becoming an all-Ork holiday destination by now.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6397 on: September 08, 2016, 09:06:11 pm »

They replaced Squats.
Or the Nicassar?
"Very flat polar bears".

Seriously though, they never were because there is literally... next to nothing about them. Demiurg are shitty space dwarves (worse than Squats) and Nicassar are "very flat, very round, vaguely ursine-like" with psychic powers. That's all we know.
So while we don't know if they are actually assholes or not, I say they are because they work with Tau and that kills people.
The less you know about a thing in 40k, the less likely it is to be utterly terrible.

Tau literally despited Nagi and had wars with them before they got their asses handed to them and vouched for peace though.
They hated them right up until they could communicate and found out that they weren't literally just evil space brain parasites. They could also be useful space brain parasites.
Does anyone else hear EXTREME HERESY? I think I hear EXTREME HERESY.
Does anyone else hear REACTIONARY SENTIMENT? I think I hear REACTIONARY SENTIMENT.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6398 on: September 08, 2016, 09:07:57 pm »

If they were to take the iconoclasm further, they wouldn't base the surviving factions and stuff on the lore. They would go through sales figures and marketing reports. Spess mehreens and chaos are likely safe, I'd bet.
M-muh Sororitas. ;-;

They... They would be as good as dead already. I... I'm sorry. We can only hope their hypothetical lore-death would be short.

I wouldn't be resting easy, myself. My swarm... My swaaaaarm... My five hundred billion babies... >,:
Nah, the pyro battle nuns are safe. Where else are the Grey Knights going to get their WardCorpTM blood to smear on their armor? They'll just be refluffed as helpless serfs. :^)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6399 on: September 08, 2016, 09:11:14 pm »

Since Ward is back with the company, they'll probably be made into Daemonculabas to replenish the ranks of the Chaoscast Eternals.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6400 on: September 08, 2016, 09:20:03 pm »

Censored in the name of not getting banned or *BLAM*'d.

3. Run Resize Enable

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6401 on: September 08, 2016, 09:20:09 pm »

If they were to take the iconoclasm further, they wouldn't base the surviving factions and stuff on the lore. They would go through sales figures and marketing reports. Spess mehreens and chaos are likely safe, I'd bet.
M-muh Sororitas. ;-;

They... They would be as good as dead already. I... I'm sorry. We can only hope their hypothetical lore-death would be short.

I wouldn't be resting easy, myself. My swarm... My swaaaaarm... My five hundred billion babies... >,:
Nah, the pyro battle nuns are safe. Where else are the Grey Knights going to get their WardCorpTM blood to smear on their armor? They'll just be refluffed as helpless serfs. :^)

True, now that you say it. I believe parchment lingerie might be involved.

I imagine the hypothetical design team holding the less popular fractions for ransom. "If the donations haven't reached £50.000 by midnight, you will never see the Tau again!" Hell, they might just stop caring about the money at that point. "So, you want us to keep Dark Eldar, do you? Maybe if you stream yourself eating a tableful of terrain. Do it!"

Now I imagine an uprising, where one of Ward's cronies are kidnapped, and a videotape of him being forcefed a squad of Centurions eventually gets on Youtube.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6402 on: September 08, 2016, 09:21:08 pm »

Hah, more like "If the donations reach £50.000 by midnight, you will never see the Tau again!"  :P

3. Run Resize Enable

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6403 on: September 08, 2016, 09:24:00 pm »

I would regret even the loss of the Tau if Geedubs went Full Potato, which sadly is totally in the cards. I know we're doing it as a joke, but if you ever want to strike fear into your heart look up some of the transcripts of stockholder meetings they've had. It is the one and only time I've seen disconnected stockholders defend the artistic integrity of a company against the people actually working for it.
No Gods, No Masters.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6404 on: September 08, 2016, 09:27:20 pm »

Hah, more like "If the donations reach £50.000 by midnight, you will never see the Tau again!"  :P

Oh, that's true, that! Or rather "One million pounds, or Tau wins! Men of the Imperium, you must choose one amongst you, to send to the Citadel! There, we shall insert a Sky Ray Gunship up his bottom."

I would regret even the loss of the Tau if Geedubs went Full Potato, which sadly is totally in the cards. I know we're doing it as a joke, but if you ever want to strike fear into your heart look up some of the transcripts of stockholder meetings they've had. It is the one and only time I've seen disconnected stockholders defend the artistic integrity of a company against the people actually working for it.

I know. Tomb Kings, Beasts of Chaos... They would do it. And they would go Full Potato.
Pages: 1 ... 425 426 [427] 428 429 ... 824