Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 473 474 [475] 476 477 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 964452 times)

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile

No more than a tsunami or earthquake. Then again, they do have sentience but seem to be a slave to their own natures. They're more like caged birds, if anything.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Raging farts
« Reply #7111 on: October 16, 2016, 08:33:40 am »

No more than a tsunami or earthquake. Then again, they do have sentience but seem to be a slave to their own natures. They're more like caged birds, if anything.

Malevolent isn't the same as evil. They will specifically go out of their way to hurt people :P

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

Malevolent isn't the same as evil. They will specifically go out of their way to hurt people :P
Actually... they won't. :P
Because their way is hurting people, so they literally won't go out of their way to hurt people, this is just how they roll.

I don't actually think anyone except the most edgy edgelords of Chaos consider themselves fully evil. Dark Eldar just don't give a shit really, it doesn't come off to them as bad thing. It's completly acceptable for them to torture people and since they gain something from it it is "good" in their opinion. Chaos guys usually either just give into emotions because they don't belive anything can be changed anymore so they might as well just go and have some good fun and if they do well while having fun their gods might give them working penises, more gun arms or something - that or they are classical "want to do right and went wrong" guys who had good intentions and paved their way into Warp with them. Tyranids are doing good thing since they make their race get stronker, better, bigger, etc. Orks are Orks, they just like to fight and there is nothing wrong in a good fight.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Too long titles means I have to retype this: Also Chaos is fat
« Reply #7113 on: October 16, 2016, 09:39:25 am »

Then that is especially malevolent :P

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lies.
Orks are noble philosopher warriors, who long ago understood the futility of the universe and try to bring this message to other races with the most noble and zoggin roight way.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

I mean from a deontological ethics standpoint orks are the good side. They do war and killing, sure, but it's all in the name of good-natured fun.
They don't really feel as much pain and they can recover from incredibly serious injuries, so they can't identify the problem the other races have with a good ol' scrap.
Really they're just trying to have fun and live in the moment.
They don't really care about conquest for conquest's sake, they don't have ambitions or power struggles, because they are always surest in the mind that the biggest is da boss. Really they have the most simple and innocent ethical structure out of all of the races.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Orcs eat cheese
« Reply #7116 on: October 16, 2016, 06:13:26 pm »

I mean from a deontological ethics standpoint orks are the good side. They do war and killing, sure, but it's all in the name of good-natured fun.

They fall under Selfish Evil.

They will have their fun no matter who is the victim...

And it isn't because of an incomplete view of the universe where they imagine everyone is like them... They are well aware that they are slaughtering the unwilling.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

It's not "Slaughter", it's "establishment of the pecking order".

The squishy humies just don't usually survive the establishment.
They get along fine with Diggaz after all.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

There are also lots of Orks that don't fit the design, like Freebootaz. They're more than happy to be hired by humans and understand things like "tactics" and "effective firing". Disturbing, by Ork standards.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile

DIGGANOBZ!!!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Orcs eat cheese
« Reply #7120 on: October 17, 2016, 01:42:35 am »

They fall under Selfish Evil.

They will have their fun no matter who is the victim...

And it isn't because of an incomplete view of the universe where they imagine everyone is like them... They are well aware that they are slaughtering the unwilling.
? The 'umies bring da foight ta us 'bout as often as da boyz bring da foight ta dem. Mebbe sum 'umies iz too stoopid to 'pree-shee-ate da finah things in loife, but dat ain't on us, ya stoopid 'umie.

'Sidez, all da grotz love ta get krumped? Dontcha, boyz?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

There are also lots of Orks that don't fit the design, like Freebootaz. They're more than happy to be hired by humans and understand things like "tactics" and "effective firing". Disturbing, by Ork standards.
Ork Diplomats. That is a thing now.
Also actual Ork Snipers, amusingly enough.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

The Ork diplomats are just really into being denied and caught up in long non-dakka related proceedings and controversies, salivating with anticipation wondering how long the peace will hold up until finally, finally, it all falls apart and the dakka erupts, sweeter than ever before for how long it has been missing.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile

http://www.moddb.com/mods/sins-of-the-gothic-galaxy/#6130476

I recently found an in development SoaSE 40k mode. It would appear to be chugging along well enough so I thought I'd just link it here so people knew about it.

Also, on the subject of Ork Snipers, it really makes sense after a fashion. A sniper rifle shoots big, loud bullets at very large things and kills them in a bloody, gorey mess. I'm surprised there hasn't been a Gretchin Sniper unit before actually.
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile

The mod looks like it has excellent potential. Of course, the potential for it to be DMCA'd if it ever goes anywhere is... High, to say the least.

On the subject of snipers, yes they shoot big loud bullets, but there are two key problems:
1) Not enough dakka. They shoot slowly, and they don't shoot explosives.
2) They shoot from far away.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.
Pages: 1 ... 473 474 [475] 476 477 ... 824