Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 485 486 [487] 488 489 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 964307 times)

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile

They still have to get at least that one agent to pose as their face. Also, where do they hide, under bridges? In basements? What do they even do there?
OCCASIONALLY SCARING SMALL CHILDREN
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile

Well, SMs do have normal human servants with them on ships, don't they? They could prob have one specifically trained for such purposes.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

It also depends on the world. I imagine a CSM (or regular SM) would not have a very hard time infiltrating a feral world society.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile

Well, SMs do have normal human servants with them on ships, don't they? They could prob have one specifically trained for such purposes.
But that's less Spess mahreens being masters of infiltration and more them employing human spies. :P
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile

They still have to get at least that one agent to pose as their face. Also, where do they hide, under bridges? In basements? What do they even do there?

I imagine they pose as circus strongmen, or infiltrate the local bodybuilder communities.

Maybe they use chapter serfs with earpieces for more direct contacts.

"Hello... Sir or Madame. Would... Er, would you like to... Rabble against the dyeing emporium?"
"Ay, beg yer pardon, guv?"
"No, wait. Ah... Rubber against the imperium. Idiot."
"U w0t, m8?"
"Oh, rebel! Why didn't you say so? What? Not my fault! No! Stop slurring, then, master! Can't help it if you sound like a chain smoking tumble dryer, can I?!"

I do remember that I didn't know there were any chapter serfs for a while (they don't get mentioned very often), so I assumed the Baddul Bruddas did everything themselves. Like a SM in full smurf armour answering the telephone, or mopping the floors.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

Some of them actually work. Of course some of the chapters just treat serf as slaves to the point of eating them so there's that but...
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

In truth, the way Space Marines of either variety do rebellion is the use of the same kind of super-charisma the Emperor and Primarchs have. They're almost without exception actually clueless awkward pandas around normal humans, but the normal humans can't tell.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Marines infiltrating worlds generally do so from the bottom up to my knowledge, sort of like Konrad Curze did on Nostramo but with a little less violent murder.

Start among the dispossessed and weak in the Underhive or other outskirts of civilization. Gather their support through defending them from enemies, helping deal with crime problems and culling dangerous wildlife, also share tales of the Imperiums heros and the Emperor. Once you have some following you then move on to other groups and gradually build a groundswell of pro-Imperial support until you hit whatever level of society cannot be turned, then it's time for civil disorder and war until you overthrow the non-Imperial government or die trying.

For Chaos it's similar to the above, but with more enslaving the fringe populace, overtaking gangs and spreading corruption and heresy.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile

Some of them actually work. Of course some of the chapters just treat serf as slaves to the point of eating them so there's that but...
Only the marines malevolent treat them like slaves and that's because they're dickwad mcdouchebags. Everyone else varies, but never as low as slavery.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Surprised I didn't know about this, an interactive galaxy. Very sparse, and from the looks of it unlikely to be expanded in the future, but sill impressive.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile

Took a quick look at Aurelia, or at least what;s left of it. Utterly terrifying.
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

Surprised I didn't know about this, an interactive galaxy. Very sparse, and from the looks of it unlikely to be expanded in the future, but sill impressive.
I like how zooming in often shows more planets or... other things.

Although I was not prepared for zooming into the Planet of the Sorcerors.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

#loreboner
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

Hm.
How do you guys imagine the rare Ex-Guardsman Inquisitor? I mean looks, the character is proably described pretty well by All Guardsmen Party. :P
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile

Hmm. A modified, black version of the uniform type his home regiment would use, with rank slips, buckles and buttons replaced with the Inquisition's I-design. Probably a sensible Guard haircut. Less flamboyant and individual as ordinary Inquisitors, but more at home in the wide spread application of lovely, cleansing violence.

Heh. Imagine a Praetorian Inquisitor, pipe and side whiskers and all. Maybe an imposing great cloak made of black tweed.
Pages: 1 ... 485 486 [487] 488 489 ... 824