Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 707 708 [709] 710 711 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 963138 times)

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K general discussion thread: full_output_name.replace("waaagh","WAAAGH")
« Reply #10620 on: November 05, 2018, 05:38:16 am »

Lord of change, as he can be pushed to being one of greatest bulletsponges 3 + invulnerable save comboed with lowering all received damage by 1while he can still dish out mortal wounds at range with magics, also tzrrntchian locus of trickery makes you get one magical dice number, which counts as automatic miss when attacking tzeentche demon in close combat( it might really dick over melee oriented opponent'

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K general discussion thread: full_output_name.replace("waaagh","WAAAGH")
« Reply #10621 on: November 05, 2018, 03:24:47 pm »

Well firstly, greataxe, flail or whip?

I'm gonna go greataxe because despite the horrifically degrading stats it's likely the best option:

Choppyboi
M12"* WS2+* BS2+ S7 T7 W16 A6* 3+/5++
Melee: Sx2 AP-4 D2d6d1

Mindbulletbird
M12"* WS2+ BS2+ S6 T7 W16 A5 6+/4++
3 Psychics at +2*
Melee S:U AP-2 D3

So if he gets in before taking over 7 wounds and degrading his stats, he'd make 7 attacks, hit ~6, wound ~5 and then have half of them saved by a 4++- but the Melta Axe means he'd be doing ~10 damage anyway.
If the LoC brought the impossible robe relic (he did), that's a 3++ and only 7 successful wounds, which means a fully statted counterattack from the LoC.
The good news is that the LoC is quite terrible attacking back, with 5 attacks, 4 hits, just over one wound and just under one save, for 3 damage if he fails the 5+/5++

The only issue is the gigantic and ruthless amount of mortal wounds the birb would be outputting. At least two of his abilities cause d3 mortals, along with the smite also being the same. The Armor of Scorn relic gives one denial attempt, but when he's throwing things out with +2's you'd need a damn lucky roll even to get it off.

It mostly gets worse, because your only area outside of his threat is to be 12 + 18" away so that you can't be hit with the smites. That however is further than you can possibly charge, so you've neutered yourself.
My only advice would be to hide behind cover, but that won't work because bloodthirsters are big loud models with huge wings which are begging for mindbullets.

Essentially, the bloodthirster will probably take roughly four or five mortal wounds a turn, but will dominate in close combat- EXCEPT for the horrifically degrading stats which means that he'll start dropping off in the second turn and continue on like that. Both of them being flying means that the LoC will happily disengage every turn. Good news is that the BT gets his extra S and A every turn when he charges again, bad news is... yeah, mortal wounds.

(There's a ton of other things I've missed such as the locus of trickery and the tesla axe but those interact in a very weird way which is difficult to calculate)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 03:33:00 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10622 on: November 06, 2018, 09:19:35 am »

Mathhammer!
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10623 on: November 06, 2018, 02:06:20 pm »

In the Grimdarkness of the future, there is only superior meta
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10624 on: November 06, 2018, 03:41:08 pm »

What can I say, I'm easily waylaid into bizarrely deep periods of repetitive work.

That being said, this is a cool site: https://www.mathhammer8thed.com/
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10625 on: November 09, 2018, 05:34:40 pm »

Quote from: Hammer & Anvil by James Swallow
What Canoness Seriphina was doing here was little more than noise, like trying to liberate hydrogen and oxygen from water by singing to it. Tegas shared with the others a complicated logic train written in an old programming language, which when run revealed a mocking comment on the Battle Sisters. The adepts devoted a single clock cycle to an amusement simulation and then deleted it.

In the grim darkness of the far future there are only techpriests shitposting to each other
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10626 on: November 09, 2018, 05:37:55 pm »

I bet techpriests rickroll each other all the time.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10627 on: November 10, 2018, 07:23:17 am »

I like the idea that techpriests are fully emotional, it's just that no one else notices it because it's expressed through their own internal systems. You wouldn't realise a burst of binary is the techpriest laughing at you

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10628 on: November 10, 2018, 07:28:01 am »

Laughter may not even be how they express amusement.

Maybe just short wave radio transmissions that are localized to the head.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10629 on: November 10, 2018, 08:31:24 am »

In 'the First Heretic' there's a techpriest in there who unmistakably feels pride, though it's expressed in a typically robotic manner (he updates the mechanicus's log of distinguished servitors and informs the servitor of this action)

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10630 on: November 10, 2018, 08:40:24 am »

Well, we've got adepts making binharic puns at each other in Titanicus, and the Forges of Mars series shows them displaying everything from despair to affection to awe.

Between that and the fact that they're secretly constructing significant pieces of "lost technology", including Titans, it does make one wonder if maybe the Mechanicus' whole nature is a deliberate construction for the Imperium's benefit.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10631 on: November 10, 2018, 09:44:46 am »

Well, we've got adepts making binharic puns at each other in Titanicus, and the Forges of Mars series shows them displaying everything from despair to affection to awe.

Between that and the fact that they're secretly constructing significant pieces of "lost technology", including Titans, it does make one wonder if maybe the Mechanicus' whole nature is a deliberate construction for the Imperium's benefit.

Go about your business, citizen. The Omnissiah, who is definitely the same thing as the Emperor, watches over us all, and definitely isn't a bloody Necron god.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10632 on: November 10, 2018, 09:13:17 pm »

If it grants you powers, isn't it also your god too?  Its clearly a human god, since it gives humanity gifts of power.  And since there is only one god, it is cleatly just a specific instance of that one god.  No heresy, just a liberal Logical interpretation of the facts.
PKs DF Mod!

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10633 on: November 11, 2018, 02:48:55 pm »

If it grants you powers, isn't it also your god too?  Its clearly a human god, since it gives humanity gifts of power.  And since there is only one god, it is cleatly just a specific instance of that one god.  No heresy, just a liberal Logical interpretation of the facts.

The Emprah is the Void Dragon - so says Pisskop.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10634 on: November 11, 2018, 03:04:27 pm »

Well, by a literal reading of the above, all Chaos gods are interchangeable with each other, the Void Dragon and the Emperor, as well as Gork and Mork (per Gorkamorka's Diggas.)

If nothing else, it'd make for a hilarious Chaos warband.

"For the Emperor in his aspect as Khorne who's actually Tzeentch! Just as planned for the blood god! Skulls for the Golden Throne! WAAAGHve Omnissiah!"
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 03:09:23 pm by Trekkin »
Pages: 1 ... 707 708 [709] 710 711 ... 824