_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5762039 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: The Circle of Depravity
« Reply #1680 on: May 24, 2012, 08:02:59 pm »

(("Still gripping the ferrous bits"? If I keep it a coilgun, that won't be an issue. However, it will preclude the railgun type idea. No it won't, the molten metal just has to be conductive.))
((I don't follow. If you've got non-magnetic metal, the only way you're going to hurl it with magnets is if the metal's hanging onto some magnetic stuff through some other means. Unless you mean making the ferrous bits not just magnetically reactive but magnets themselves, in which case I doubt it'd match the ferrous magnets strongly enough to get thrown by the other magnets rather than just having its magnetism deformed. Same issue with just having molten ferrous metal in the first place.

And if you mean magnet slugs surrounded by molten goo hurled at high speeds by normal ferrous metals... well, I'm guessing that won't work, but I suppose I don't know for certain.))

((The ferrous material is spread throughout the other molten metal. As for how that will react to firing as opposed to a solid slug, imagine if the slug was, say, depleted uranium (Fairly sure that has no magnetic properties to speak of...) with iron particles mixed in. It would still fire, and the same principal should extend to a liquid slug.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: May 24, 2012, 08:25:53 pm »

To both girls:
"Sorry if I did something perverted. I have some psychological problems and sometimes, when there are cute girls involved, I totally lose control....May we start the proper introductions?...My name is Renen, Renen Averius von Raptum. And may I ask what are the names of these beautiful ladies and this.... :o....person, where we are and why are we here? And I would like to know if there are any doctors here, if I may."

Introduce Renen to the girls he just helped - follow them asking the questions above, that weren't answered up until now

I'm May, and this is Empyrean. I know other girls here are Faith, who you tried to grope, and Feyri, who is on a mission. There might be more, I don't know, there's a lot of people on this ship. And there is a doctor aboard the ship. He does surgeries and has tanks full of vita-fluid. I looked for him in the Infirmary, but he wasn't there."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1682 on: May 24, 2012, 08:46:34 pm »

Argh! Just shoot the thing while I get unstuck.

Use all necessary force to rip my mechadendrite from the wall, continuing the motion to preserve the momentum the slash the MS.
[Str:6-1] You tear your claws through the wall and toward the sentinel as it deforms to stab at you. [dex:4] [str:3+1-1] One long talon drags across the sentinel and gouges a shallow scratch in the metal. [dex:5+1] The sentinel deforms violently into a wall of needle thin spikes and hurls toward you. You gather your legs up under you and leap backwards, hurling yourself several meters backwards. You land far down the hall away from the sentinel. And then the wall explodes. A great white fist arcs out of the debris and dust, straight toward your head. [dex:1+1] You don't even have time to react as the blow connects and everything goes instantly black. You're back in observation mode.

((@zomara0292 That's an interesting idea, but I'm not a big fan of deathmatches, I prefer team fights. Also, we'd probably need to set a fixed limit on how much tokens can we spend on our projects...
I have a better idea: Battle of Hexbrax, as a joint tinker team. No set tokens limit (or a soft one), the objective - to stop the Altered. That way I hope we'd be able to encounter enough diversity to battle-test our inventions, as well as see 'who has the best and most creative tinkering skills'
Well, sometime, I guess.

@Ehndras Interesting idea, but what about increasing the difficulty/complexity of the simulation? So that you would have not a single specimen, but several of them, with the ability to reproduce and build? I mean, to observe and encounter the aliens as societies/civilizations, because a single representative might be not enough in some cases, especially if it is a mindless drone or something like that.
Perhaps as the second experiment in that line.))

((Oh trust me I'd love that, but I'm trying to keep the GM's workload down to a minimum at this point in time. I'd rather gradually introduce these ideas rather than force the GM to half-ass paragraphs of on-the-spot alien lore. As a scifi writer myself who writers something akin to this game, I know how complex the lore-building process is. Sure, I can pull a complex alien species out of my ass in 40 seconds, but it won't be very coherent... :P))

((Is there anywhere where I can read your work? I would really like to see it.))
Oh, don't worry about that. I'll just take the time I need rather then posting quickly.

"Well, I guess I'll have to get my rematch some other time then" says Lukas as Thomas wanders off. Although normally Lukas hates to loose even in the most unimportant of games, today he doesn't seem to care the slightest bit. Maybe it's the cigarette. With nothing else to do Lukas tries to remember some of the special tricks he had learned for the laser rifle while he was still in the army, while smoking the rest of his cigarette.

Some cigarette some more. Try to remember special tricks for laser rifle.
You take another deep puff and think for a long moment about anything special you could do with a laser rifle. [intuition: 3+1] Hmmm with a high enough intensity setting you could probably cut people in half just by swinging the beam around.

Milno goes to the VR and tests the new program in a combat simulation against the Shunt Dummy (+3 Uncon) in a MkII. This time, he makes the dummy also try to dodge before activating the shunt.

Also, he keeps shooting with both the gauss rifle and the laser rifle at the optimal short range distance until he can either hit the dummy or find anything of interest. Like a weakness.

You try out the modified suit against the shunt dummy set to dodge. It seems like, against a fast moving enemy, the program makes it more difficult because it makes fast modification of your aim nearly impossible. With more slow, careful, aimed shots though, it makes it much easier.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: May 24, 2012, 08:51:30 pm »

Milno rolls his eyes. He attempts to modify the program yet again to limit only the movement of the arms, allowing the torso to handle the aiming part.

((The RNG does not seem excessively fond of Milno, so...))

Afterwards, he tries once more the same dodging Shunt dummy situation, but with the program off and without wielding both weapons at the same time. He alternates between the rifles.

To the VR coupleteam:
"It seems you strayed a bit too far into the corridor."
Throw Octopus back into the simulation if he wishes so.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 09:00:43 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: May 24, 2012, 08:59:18 pm »

After finishing his cigarette Lukas stands up and rubs his hands. "Time to do something productive. I better get into one of these VR things to practice al little bit. It has been a long time."

Go to the VR
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: May 24, 2012, 09:05:48 pm »

"Great, I'd like to request 2 hand lasers and three extra batteries for said hand lasers."

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1686 on: May 24, 2012, 09:08:48 pm »

"I'd say you are weird, but that doesn't cut it," says Empyrean to Renen.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: May 24, 2012, 09:15:57 pm »

"I'd say you are weird, but that doesn't cut it," says Empyrean to Renen.

"He reminds me of Elisaz."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: May 24, 2012, 09:19:02 pm »

((So, GM, how do i work this thing?))
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: May 24, 2012, 09:21:23 pm »

Actually, I'm going to Tinker for a few to figure out everything I can about these cybernetics before I design new ones for myself.

Go into Tinker and study my current cybernetics, making sure to put some effort towards how the legs can keep a man on a wall or ceiling.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1690 on: May 24, 2012, 09:28:10 pm »

Milno rolls his eyes. He attempts to modify the program yet again to limit only the movement of the arms, allowing the torso to handle the aiming part.

((The RNG does not seem excessively fond of Milno, so...))

Afterwards, he tries once more the same dodging Shunt dummy situation, but with the program off and without wielding both weapons at the same time. He alternates between the rifles.

To the VR coupleteam:
"It seems you strayed a bit too far into the corridor."
Throw Octopus back into the simulation if he wishes so.
Basically, I'll just let you know that it already holds your arms and only arms still. It's not so much the general aim, as it is the fine aim, the ability to hit things exactly as you want. You're gonna get about a -1 at short range or anything thats moving very fast and a +1 on long or slow moving target.

After finishing his cigarette Lukas stands up and rubs his hands. "Time to do something productive. I better get into one of these VR things to practice al little bit. It has been a long time."

Go to the VR
You go to the vr machines and log in.

"Great, I'd like to request 2 hand lasers and three extra batteries for said hand lasers."
She slides your order out onto the counter. "Hope it's worth it." she mutters, flipping a page.

((So, GM, how do i work this thing?))
Just like how Jim's emoticon face works. Just say you want to project X image with your projector. And I may throw in a [Aux] roll for it if I'm feeling nasty.

Actually, I'm going to Tinker for a few to figure out everything I can about these cybernetics before I design new ones for myself.

Go into Tinker and study my current cybernetics, making sure to put some effort towards how the legs can keep a man on a wall or ceiling.
You head into thinker and call up a copy of your arms and legs. [Int:1+1] You have no idea how any of this magic space technology works.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: May 24, 2012, 09:33:40 pm »

Basically, I'll just let you know that it already holds your arms and only arms still. It's not so much the general aim, as it is the fine aim, the ability to hit things exactly as you want. You're gonna get about a -1 at short range or anything thats moving very fast and a +1 on long or slow moving target.
((Thanks for clarifying things. But I guess I'll risk hitting my teammates with friendly fire until Milno learns how to do it properly.))

He tries once more the same dodging Shunt dummy situation, but with the program off and without wielding both weapons at the same time. He alternates between the rifles instead. He wants to force the shunt-wearing dummy to its extremes without necessarily expending the battery.

((I'm still thinking about the major weakness of a shunt, aside of course, from the fact it needs a skillful person and it can not support life by itself in the vacuum. Not been overly bright these days, but I guess I'll crack it.

Uh-oh wait. I may have an idea. Or maybe two. Well, they'll need testing.))
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 09:37:39 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: May 24, 2012, 09:39:06 pm »

Continue my studies, nothing can be THAT complicated.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: May 24, 2012, 09:42:33 pm »

Enter battle simulation against three opponents with MkII suits and laser rifles. Choose MkI suit and laser rifle for self. Let battle take place in derelict ship.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: May 24, 2012, 11:01:48 pm »

With a smile approaching glee, Neil grabbed his order. "Finally!" He walks into the lunchroom satisfied but hungry.
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 2101