_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5791083 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: The Circle of Depravity
« Reply #1710 on: May 25, 2012, 02:27:49 pm »

((Does that mean the shunt actually needs the user's input to protect him/her? I wonder if I am still missing something.))

Milno brings a Shunt dummy back once again to face him. This time, he tries to blind and cause confusion on the dummy by throwing a grenade similar to a flashbang (but only with a huge flash) before shooting him with a gauss rifle. If the dummy throws the flashbang away, make the fuse shorter.

Milno tries not to blind himself as well.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 02:34:34 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: May 25, 2012, 02:30:38 pm »

Thomas approaches the armory master. "Can you give me the schematics for the cutting torch?"

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: May 25, 2012, 02:42:02 pm »

((@Caellath Yeah, seems likely. Actually, I don't think the shunt protects the user - it's more like the user manipulates the incoming things with the use of the shunt. On the other hand, if there was a computer attached to it, with cameras and all, programmed to protect the user... yeah, that might work. ))
Shoot again, then dive & roll to the side (or backwards if there isn't enough space); hold on to the rifle whatever happens. See if it is possible to switch the pulse rifle fire settings in a moment. If yes, set the diffusion to the maximum.
((@GM How wide is the hall, by the way?))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: May 25, 2012, 03:07:59 pm »

"Thanks. Now to put this together."

Add the focusing chambers to the rifle.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: May 25, 2012, 03:25:34 pm »

Take your time, GM. Just spent all night drunk and working on lore for my Scifi Multiverse, heh. Hence, why I'm interested in meeting some of Einsteinian Roulette's races and factions. Just humans gets boring and I'm researching various ideas, philosophies, Physics theories, and many scifi and fantasy game universes to help come up with coherent ideas and get inspired. Wrote about 2,000 words last night (I use large words a ton, so that really fucks my word count unfortunately). Posting it just in case anyone enjoys that kind of stuff.

Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: May 25, 2012, 03:30:49 pm »

((Looks like you called it, Caellath; they're losing at least half their members on this mission. :P))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: May 25, 2012, 03:35:46 pm »

((Looks like you called it, Caellath; they're losing at least half their members on this mission. :P))
((I'm just that good on predicting and/or hoping for deaths.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: May 25, 2012, 03:41:37 pm »

Look specifically towards the end of the cyber-spider legs for anything that would allow them to grip to walls or ceilings.

It is more specific, is it not?
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: May 25, 2012, 03:49:30 pm »

((I'm just that good on predicting and/or hoping for deaths.))

You feel a sudden malevolent presence in the area.

Within seconds, it disappears, but you cannot shrug off the feeling that it was directed at you for obscure reasons.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: May 25, 2012, 03:52:02 pm »

You feel a sudden malevolent presence in the area.

Within seconds, it disappears, but you cannot shrug off the feeling that it was directed at you for obscure reasons.

Honey badger don't care, honey badger don't give a shit.
>Yes?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: May 25, 2012, 03:53:30 pm »

((@IronyOwl But what makes you think they are going to lose that much people? I mean, everyone falls, everyone except Jim breaks his/her neck, Jim looks at his incapacitated comrades, finds them no more dangerous, then heads to the puddle, defeats it with the madness-augmented Exotic roll, takes a sample, then brings it, all the datapads, and the comrades back to the shuttle. The only victim would possibly be Jim, whose madness might be beyond recovery. Still, we have Faith and Ivan here with similar problems, and they manage to deal with those somehow, so probably Jim can also move on even if the psyche changes are permanent. They'll find a way to restrict his actions until needed, that's for certain.
Everyone is saved, happy end of the third mission.  :D
@Ehndras That was fascinating. Really. ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1721 on: May 25, 2012, 04:03:39 pm »

((Does that mean the shunt actually needs the user's input to protect him/her? I wonder if I am still missing something.))

Milno brings a Shunt dummy back once again to face him. This time, he tries to blind and cause confusion on the dummy by throwing a grenade similar to a flashbang (but only with a huge flash) before shooting him with a gauss rifle. If the dummy throws the flashbang away, make the fuse shorter.

Milno tries not to blind himself as well.

(Yep. If you shoot at them before they know they need to protect themselves they won't be able to. However, in this case you blinded it but it still knows it needs to protect itself, so it does. Shunts drain their battery while active, so you have to keep them off until you need them, thats why sneak attacks work but simply blinding it won't.)
You blind the dummy with a flashbang and then shoot at it with your rifle. The round stops in mid air even while the dummy gropes blindly.

Thomas approaches the armory master. "Can you give me the schematics for the cutting torch?"
"Nope."

((@Caellath Yeah, seems likely. Actually, I don't think the shunt protects the user - it's more like the user manipulates the incoming things with the use of the shunt. On the other hand, if there was a computer attached to it, with cameras and all, programmed to protect the user... yeah, that might work. ))
Shoot again, then dive & roll to the side (or backwards if there isn't enough space); hold on to the rifle whatever happens. See if it is possible to switch the pulse rifle fire settings in a moment. If yes, set the diffusion to the maximum.
((@GM How wide is the hall, by the way?))
[con:1+1] You take aim and fire at the same time the sentinel does. You miss. It does not. You return to the observation mode.

Hint: Move first, then shoot.

"Thanks. Now to put this together."

Add the focusing chambers to the rifle.
[handi:4+1] You successfully attach the extra 3 focusing chambers to the rifle. They are, however, bare and exposed, functional but very fragile.

Look specifically towards the end of the cyber-spider legs for anything that would allow them to grip to walls or ceilings.

It is more specific, is it not?
Woops, sorry, missed you. [int:5] The tripod toes seem to be capable of sticking to walls through a variety of methods, including magnetic, suction and the use of tiny retractable anchor spikes. The legs automatically select the best method upon contacting a surface.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: May 25, 2012, 04:04:35 pm »

((@IronyOwl But what makes you think they are going to lose that much people? I mean, everyone falls, everyone except Jim breaks his/her neck, Jim looks at his incapacitated comrades, realizes he has to hack up and then burn the bodies lest they rise again and shamble after him, then runs babbling through the tunnels screaming about zombies until Steve puts a building-sized nuclear-tipped gauss slug through the base and likely the moon it's on.))
((FTFY))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: May 25, 2012, 04:18:37 pm »

((@IronyOwl But what makes you think they are going to lose that much people? I mean, everyone falls, everyone except Jim breaks his/her neck, Jim looks at his incapacitated comrades, realizes he has to hack up and then burn the bodies lest they rise again and shamble after him, then runs babbling through the tunnels screaming about zombies until Steve puts a building-sized nuclear-tipped gauss slug through the base and likely the moon it's on.))
((FTFY))
((I liked this version better, but Jim just broke his fall.))

((@GM: So was that the shunt's biggest weakness?))

Milno browses the records for some kind of reasonably effective presence-cloaking device.
>Yes?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: May 25, 2012, 04:21:25 pm »

((FTFY))
(( xD Well, that is also possible.
@piecewise Thanks for the hint, the MEHMRCMS turns out actually really helpful to learn the basics of survival :) - thank you for the idea, Caellath ))
I suppose now that I'm once again alone here, I don't get another chance, right?
Exit the simulation, then gulp down the remaining ... drink in two or three takes, and move to the armory.
I'm sorry for bothering you once more, Reverend Comrade whose name yet remains unknown, but I have heard the armory is stocked with recreational drugs. By any chance, does that include tea? Simple black tea, of any quality or brand?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 04:24:14 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 2101