Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 342

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: The Development Page  (Read 1566711 times)

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: The Development Page
« Reply #3930 on: March 05, 2011, 07:10:47 am »

concerning the stuff on the bugtracker:
i wasnt specifically asking for those things to be done now, those were just examples. this question should have looked more like:
will the future series of releases also cover some of the older annoyances(at least one per release) or will they only include the new features of the arc and related bugs?

As Toady has stated several time in his dev log, that yes the 1-2 period of bug fixing between releases, will cover both new bugs and older bugs.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

eux0r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3931 on: March 05, 2011, 07:15:25 am »

Yes, the roc is a much wider known name. I'd never heard of the "ziz".

EDIT: After looking both up to check, they're nothing alike. The ziz is a griffin, the roc is a giant eagle.

EDIT 2: Also check out Haast's Eagle for a real life giant eagle.

hm, you are right, i only knew of the ziz trough wikipedia after looking for leviathan. and the german article only said it was a giant bird comparable to other culture's beasts like the roc(thats where i heard first of the roc too)
thanks for looking it up

As Toady has stated several time in his dev log, that yes the 1-2 period of bug fixing between releases, will cover both new bugs and older bugs.

hm, i cant seem to remember seeing this, but thanks for reminding. after reading through so many posts and logs i already cant remember very many things i read at the beginning 0o

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3932 on: March 05, 2011, 01:03:15 pm »

hm, i cant seem to remember seeing this, but thanks for reminding. after reading through so many posts and logs i already cant remember very many things i read at the beginning 0o

I don't think it was actually mentioned in the dev log, just in the Bay 12 Games Report and another recent post:

The idea is to do a bug fix with the new bugs, and then to spend one to two weeks with old bugs, so the timer hasn't even started yet.  That said, the first one should probably be up in a few days.  I won't get to all of the bugs with the new stuff with the first release, but I might clean up more of those with the old bugs depending on what's left.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3933 on: March 05, 2011, 06:46:34 pm »

-i was simply assuming leviathan would go into the game when ships come around

We already have sea serpents and sea monsters (the former is a big dragon-snake-thing and the latter is more like a kraken-squid-thing), those could easily be altered to be significant threats when ships are a thing.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #3934 on: March 06, 2011, 01:48:00 am »

Will humans go on ships, and dwarves be more ... feet on in the ground? As in, will humans be far more seafaring than dwarves?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3935 on: March 06, 2011, 01:59:29 am »

Will humans go on ships, and dwarves be more ... feet on in the ground? As in, will humans be far more seafaring than dwarves?

This was touched on in that big quote I always repost about boats.  Toady indicated that dwarves will be less inclined toward seafaring (emphasis mine):

Anyway, things are possible in dwarf mode, but the idea here was more for adventure mode and the necessity of boats there.  If boats never make it into dwarf mode it wouldn't particularly bother me, since we are talking about dwarves, but I wouldn't rule anything out.  I'm starting from an adv mode perspective here though, since it would obviously be a lot of fun to do things like epic voyages and piracy.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #3936 on: March 06, 2011, 05:21:17 am »

ok, cool. thanks (for that and not posting the big quote, which I found just now  :P
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3937 on: March 06, 2011, 07:33:53 am »

Which of the options is the default mineral distribution as in 31.19? Sparse/Rare/Very Rare? 

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #3938 on: March 06, 2011, 07:42:15 am »

Which of the options is the default mineral distribution as in 31.19? Sparse/Rare/Very Rare? 
Rare I think.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3939 on: March 06, 2011, 11:55:44 am »

Wait, is animals vocalizing something that's already in and I just haven't seen it due to the current state of towns? Or is that new?

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3940 on: March 06, 2011, 12:06:39 pm »

Wait, is animals vocalizing something that's already in and I just haven't seen it due to the current state of towns? Or is that new?

It's new, though I think it is only for capybaras.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3941 on: March 06, 2011, 12:28:20 pm »

In that case
How soon can we expect more preexisting animals to be vocalizing?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #3942 on: March 06, 2011, 02:04:47 pm »

In that case
How soon can we expect more preexisting animals to be vocalizing?
Heh, also several of the procedural creatures could benefit. Muttering or howling creatures, creatures that intone names, banshees...
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3943 on: March 06, 2011, 02:44:25 pm »

I don't think it was actually mentioned in the dev log, just in the Bay 12 Games Report and another recent post:

The idea is to do a bug fix with the new bugs, and then to spend one to two weeks with old bugs, so the timer hasn't even started yet.  That said, the first one should probably be up in a few days.  I won't get to all of the bugs with the new stuff with the first release, but I might clean up more of those with the old bugs depending on what's left.

Wow, his bug-fixing chunks are a lot more in-depth than I thought they'd be. Kudos to him. Though I've gotta admit, I am rather excited for the new features.
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #3944 on: March 06, 2011, 08:36:33 pm »

Cows need vocalizations so they can ACTUALLY have hunting moos.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 342